Honest thoughts on the last season of GOT?

honest thoughts on the last season of GOT?

like? dislike?

Is this show worth getting into if I generally don't like medieval themed things?

Yeah, it's not your average medieval bullshit. It's fucking good. I'd still recommend it.

its midtier fantasy + lots of medieval stuff

its good but the last few seasons have been junk

They killed my fucking waifu

Despite being set in a quasi-medieval atmosphere and environment, the story and the characters are rich and diverse enough that you sometimes forget that there are knights and shit. Hell, if anything GOT takes the common medieval idea and chucks it in a blender, adds some tits and a lot of violence.

Give the first three episodes a watch. if you're not sold by then, you won't be.

It only had 1 good episode.

It was the last one.

last 2 episodes where really entertaining but its kinda sad how only a few villains are left now

It wasn't the best season. Wasn't the worst season either.

This. I don't know why they didn't just put some of that cool shit in the rest of the season. The rest of the season was boring.

Best season so far
I'm a bit disappointed about the Martell and Baelish but all in all it was great

Old nan has been dead for seasons fam

Cersei uses that green goop to blow up the church while all of those religious nut jobs were waiting for her to show up to her trail. She took half the cast with them as collateral damage, too.

it was pretty lit sonnn

What the fuck? When did black people figure out how to use computers?

If you're into fantasy sure.

this. baelish was cool as fuck because he was smart and had some mysterious plan. now he got cucked by sansa like an idiot. i don't even know what benioff and weiss were thinking when they made that scene...

Ramsey?

You're full of it.. This season in particular... You're totally full of it

In the last 2 weeks I watched all 6 seasons.
My most favourite tv series of the past are
The Wire
Stargate SG1
Breaking Bad
Prison Break

I really enjoyed GoT and i generally dislike medieval shit.

Hope that helps faggot

no, Tommen

>now he got cucked by sansa like an idiot
I agree, but the final gaze Sansa gave to Baelish (when all the lords pledge allegiance to Jon) is quite interesting and I'm eager to see what's going to happen

Meant to be reply to

basically means he will try to make jon's plan fail, and that sansa knows that

Predictions for next season?

>Tyrells and Martells plot against the Lannisters
>Cersei and Jaime, having no more children, get even more self absorbed and do crazy shit for power
>Meanwhile, Dany and Jon are both getting significantly stronger
>Cersei ends up getting rid of the other lesser families
>She does something so bad that Jaime has to kill her
>All the lesser families are gone, which has set up for Jon and Dany to fight over the iron throne
>A Song of Ice and Fire
>Ice vs Fire
>Targaryen Bowl
>BE THERE

have you seen the sopranos? if you have your list is wrong

>plot holes galore
>plot armour and mary sues
>disappointing arcs full of nothing
>shit, lazy writing
>feminist agenda

b-but this season is the best because it has the most CGI!!!!1

Hmm no I have not seen sopranos I will watch it ty.

I'm pretty sure that Sansa will betray Jon

Its a quick fix to just exploderize everything.
Like a certain wedding its 50 plotlines just ending deus ex style - solved.

when your grandpapa let them off the property you stupid fuck that season finale was lit and you know it

>a girl does something other than get naked
>feminist agenda

I know this is Sup Forums, but fuck off already. Nobody is hurting you.

its favorably compared to the wire, but I haven't seen the wire

Reminder that they've had the entire story plotted out since before the show started shooting. They weren't just trying to tie up loose ends.

I'm pretty sure Sansa wants to fuck Jon

john doesnt want the iron thrkne, hes the king in the north and isnt he also danaerys brother? i see him throwing in with her or staying out of it. they have undead to fight

you idiot, dany will probably marry jon, he's got all the power in the north, killing him would make no sense at all. also ice vs fire is a reference to the living jon and dany's armies against the walkers.

he's dany's nephew

hey man, it's just a thought

kthx

also, sam will be their maester

Populist trash

Talk about all the happy endings

is this even GOT anymore?

maester of bacon am i right

Oh, come on user. They are brother and sister. Like since when would this show allow incest to be show... oh wait...

Top fucking kek

Dun-un-dun-da-dun-dun... womp!

she's her aunt, not her sister
>even hotter

>muh gabagool
I'm sure it was a well made show, but I'm getting tired of this mafia garbage. We get it, you're Italian and you brutally murder people.

Aunt and nephew you fucking idiot

This season had a few good episodes and moments, but in general the downward trend continues. It was probably better than last season though.

In general, the show has been going downhill in writing for many years now. Some scenes are just cringe worthy when you can imagine how the older season(s) would have handled it much better and more gracefully.

Also, based characters (and actors) dying doesn't help I suppose. Poor Walder Frey, that actor was spot on, such an amusing character.

you seem upset. Did your daddy fuck you?

Did you love it?

>the people complaining that girls get to do things aren't the butthurt ones

I'm fine user, just having a laugh

How many years of rejection does it take to make you form these retarded opinions?

im not the user you were debating. I am simply another poster who is curious as to your molestation status in life. I have no opinion about the topic of your discourse.

They botched the faceless men and the whole Arya plotline(to me the most frustrating and biggest BS moment in the season, completely broke my suspension of disbelief and interest in that plotline), they botched the whole northern scheming, they botched their own Margaery sceme, They botched the Dosh Khaleen, they botched medieval succession rights and make alliances that do not make sense, they botched the Hound + botherhood without banners plotline and most of all (this is mostly for to the ire of the book readers) they botched Doran Martell and the whole Dorne masterplan!

The rest of this season was boring scenes of them running around talking about nothing with most boring of all every time someone talked to the high sparrow in the sept of baelor for like 5 minutes or the cringe that was Grey worm, Missandei and Tyrion attempts to small talk.

The only thing that they did right was action scenes and explosions, but apparently that is enough for some to call this the best season of ever!

Season 5 and 6 were pretty forgettable. The last 2 episodes of 6 were pretty good but that is it. Whole thing could of been cut down to like 5 episodes.

Also I don't know what's happened to the writing. It has completely gone to shit.

>If I get an idea like that again, punch me in the face

but i'm not upset and i've never been molested. why are you so interested in me?

After season 4 George arrr Martin stopped giving his input on the show and started to focus on the books, that is what happened.

i was just giving posts a cursory glance and you just popped out as somebody whom I should ask if they are upset, and if their father had fucked them.

Figured as much.

The writing is honestly trash tier.

edgy

The show is getting worse each season.

But the King's landing sountrack was top shit

I'm sorry you feel that is an edgy thing son. Perhaps a dose of daddys "yummy gummy juice" will cheer you right up?

tgis is the ONLY instance where the boors are NOT better than the adaptation. the last two bioks introduced a sgitload of new boring characters when some of the main characters havent been mentioned in 3000 pages. pretty irrrsponsibly considering how unlikely he is to finish the series given his age, health, and apparent boredom.

the show at least is keeping things moving.

that strong women season ending sucked bags of dicks
>fuck this stupid show

Tits and dragons, and we don't even hardly get tits anymore ffs. This show has been steadily going down hill for me and I basically just keep watching it b/c normie friends and I've already invested in watching 6 seasons of it.

My favorite moments are probably on the wall, particularly in the first few episodes where Jon and Tyrion's friendship develops.

Re-watching some episodes I found I actually kind of liked Joff, or probably the portrayal of him as the ultimate spoiled white kid. The characters seem so hallowed out now.

Another thing I was think about is how the Red Woman really didn't have the power to kill the 3 usurper kings with the leeches, either because Gendry didn't really have the blood of Kings, Robert himself being a usurper, or the Red Woman just not understanding her power. I.e. Robb dies because of the Lannister's plotting and efforts, Joff b/c of Balish and the Tyrel's, and Greyjoy doesn't even die (although in the books he does die in a pretty random and seemingly divined manner). And I don't remember too much of the books, but it seems like The Red Woman has a connection to the Faceless Men, given her ability to hide her true form. Perhaps she can take any form, but the one she's in now is useful to her. Although I also remember in the books Mance has this ability too, and likely no connection to the faceless men.

tl ; dr can barely keep watching, dany is so cringe

>Implying that a feast for crows wasn't the best and most interesting of the books.

Give Lyanna Mormont the goddamn Iron Throne already.

>t.never read the books or watched the show, just read about it on a nigger news network

The season was pretty hit and miss. Though I've watched the entire show twice, and all seasons are like that.

Sure, it's not the greatest show ever, and not as good as it was, but I'll still watch each episode til the end. There are pretty much no perfect shows.

Lack of tits recently is shit tho

This.
Remarkable acting from such a young girl. I hope she becomes unstoppable with her talents

>reddit

seriously. she has 65 men at arms and 0 character depth; wtf is normie pedos fascination with this ugly bish?

She was/is hot.

i would kill myself if i knew i could never fuck Margarey again too

She was pretty awesome.

She's wise beyond her 10 years of life, and has the most balls in the North. That's character enough for 5 minutes of screen time.

Deal with it.

bretty shit tbh fam Sup Forums just likes it because tony is a spoiled little bitch

Bitch please, she wasn't even the hottest chick on the show with her bug birth defected eyes.

i stopped early season 5 because it started to get fucking boring

don't talk shit about waifu

>wasn't hottest on the show
>that somehow means she isn't still hot
>stop liking what I don't like

go away

She's alright, for a downy/britbog. I thought she was hot in Rush, but I got over her pretty quick.

>not liking what i don't like
>GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE!!!!1

main plot still strong

dialogue and directing total shit. the script writers have no book to go by so it's all written by some sitcom writing dimwit.

>tgis is the ONLY instance where the boors are NOT better than the adaptation. the last two bioks introduced a sgitload of new boring characters when some of the main characters havent been mentioned in 3000 pages. pretty irrrsponsibly considering how unlikely he is to finish the series given his age, health, and apparent boredom.
>the show at least is keeping things moving.

Absolutely spot on.

The Tv show is gently going down the slope, mostly giving fans what they want and even expect. Exploiting all the hype, CGI and past record, but lacking in depth. At least they keep the action going forward, even if deprived from internal coherence e.g.: Arya and Terminator, Varys "the Flash", many people teleporting over the oceans ... Characters slowy becoming cliches of themselves, like a badly rehearsed and plotted table RPG.

But hey, the books are no better. See the first chapters of "A game of thrones" starting in the middle of action, with short dialogues that imply more than what is said, evocative of more complex stories, giving the impression of a great tree by highlighting only a few well painted leaves. Very JRR Tolkien, but with more blood, politics and sex. Poignant. Fast. Violent.

Now go to the last books, full of unnecessary bullshit about grey characters with no interest at all. How many pages with Brienne?? To get where exactly?? Stagnant. Starting to rot. Richer clothes, but weaker warriors. Like Conan the Barbarian, tired, sitting on the throne looking down.

Guess what user: Nobody gives a fuck.

Now it's just another hollywood crap writing with stupid american punchlines.

Yeah well, give us tits or GTFO then.

Writing has taken a nosedive.
>Arya manages to leave the faceless men, and kills a far, far superior combatant while wounded.
>The whole ridiculous faceless men plotline in general
>She somehow knows how to use faces once she gets into Westeros
>Half the cast falls into Cersei's (AKA dumbest bitch in Westeros) half-assed trap. The majority of the victims being already established as being able to out-think Cersei at every given plot point.
>The blackfish appeared in the plot to literally be ruled out of it as quickly as possible
>Daeneres's plot armour holy shit
>How does she know how to ride dragons
>How did she take over the Doth'raki by knocking over some torches
>The red woman being sent south
>Seaworth not already fucking figuring out that Stannis's daughter had died
>Ramsey having the most predictable, boring death I've ever seen
>Loses a battle that he should've won three times over by the time the knights of the vale arrive
>Him shooting Jon's brother was possibly the least antagonistic/unsettling thing he's done in the whole series
>Why didn't the Slavers bring anything that even stands the slightest chance of being able to defeat a dragon

tl;dr there's more but basically; It's all lazy writing, tying up loose ends, etc etc

Martin needs to sue

The Door was one of my favourite episodes of the whole series though, shit was incredible

fucking kids. Yes you're a fucking kid. Like you, i was just glancing through posts and yours popped out since it had pop-out words in 'em.

You know, going the old "you mad!?" or "lol butthurt so molested" is what 14 year olds do when they think they're edgy. You really wanna be like them? you reeeeally want your age to show that much?

if you're underage, well good for you, your mental level is appropriate. I sure hope you're not over 20. For your sake.

Not trying to be one of those fags, but the books were much better, if George R. R. Martin ever finishes them. In the TV show, they change random things for no reason, like making Loras Tyrrell gay, and ruining the entire Greyjoy side of the story.

>want to play a game?
>what kind of game
>a game of thrones

this show is so crap

I agree with all your points but Ceresi's I feel like her trap was pretty well done

Loras Tyrell is gay in the books

Kinda sad to see no Lady Stoneheart

The books are more of a chronicle, they are not that flashy fantasyshithole the show and most of the fans want to see.

I mean, look at his last book, in German "Planetenwanderer". Its awesome, but the action is lame. Its more about showing the world and the whole piece than looking on a charakter and state how cool they are.

Guess what, they do not follow the book anymore and have no guideline, so they fuck up, because they were only good in reproducing a good story, without knowing what made it good, and without the talent to make it another version of good.