youtube.com/watch?v=_pMQN7GICjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Old dirt new boots

this year has been insanely good for country

if you mean 1880s, yeah

Country has never been good
Don't even try and prove me wrong rednecks

>insanely good

Everything I hear on the country station they spam at work is complete bullshit and totally vapid so I'm not sure what you mean

Country hasn't been good since Hank Sr., don't kid yourself. Nobody's been able to replicate that nakedness (though Willie is able to come close).

In the 80s, Motown went to Country to die. Country is pop music's corpse in the closet. It was alive, sickly, great, then died and has since become a repository for dying trends.

You should be really fucking wary that hip hop has become a Pop Country purview. Really fucking wary.

Listen to Giant Sand you fucking plebs.

It's sad to see hip hop go to hell like it is even worse when people defend kanye

where do I even begin

for starters vapid is not necessarily bad

3rd best song in history ever written about sunglasses maybe 2nd
youtube.com/watch?v=_pMQN7GICjE

and this album is incredibly solid at 90 minutes

>Miranda lambert

You almost had me for a second

do not underestimate this album

>the corporation-controlled country music industries which pander to rednecks by selling them romanticised notions of american small-town life isn't good therefore all country music isn't good

ok lads

>implying this is all inherently bad anyways

>I've heard a very small amount this music so I'll just dismiss it all
You're a huge faggot

>inb4 muh sturgill simpson

that's meme country

The only thing I have been shown in the thread is Miranda lambert it's not helping my view

and the new one is almost more doowop than country as I recall but its been awhile

no I showed you shooter jennings as well

and miranda's album is actually 95 minutes of nothing but bangers

its the country music white album

why do you think anyone else would give enough of a shit to spend time trying to convince you otherwise

you're a dumbass and it can be left at that

I feel you OP.

Modern country is something I can't get into. I've tried since I live in redneckville, y'know, to lessen the pain of hearing it everywhere.

Been to 2 concerts and listened to whatever's hot. Just doesn't click.

I can get into 70's and older though.

>Nobody's been able to replicate that nakedness (though Willie is able to come close).
You haven't listened to much country music if you think no one's been able to be as naked as Hank and/or that Willie's the closest after Hank.

bro country/modern country is really popular with white normies, it's not even just rednecks anymore

Bullshit.

Fucking FINALLY

Yes, fucking give me that pre-Garth shit all day long, country needs to stop having tailgate parties and return to it's outlaw roots.

>Sturgill Simpson

Outlaw country rocker Shooter Jennings’ forthcoming release, Countach (For Giorgio), could very well be the strangest country album we’ll hear

I mean, that's country-pop, so of course it's vapid Florida-Georgia Line and that guy from the Voice stuff.

Agreed, the mainstream stuff is utter shite.

There are some good "country" acts out there if you are willing to look a bit further afield

>Reckless Kelly
>Whiskey Myers
>Cadillac Three
>Kacey Musgraves
>Brad Paisley if you like crazy guitar stuff
>Eric Church's new album especially
>Jason Isbell
>Kip Moore
>The Shires

Granted some of that crosses lines with southern rock, but there is some good stuff out there. Shame you have to wade through all the shit, and you get a lot of bands totally selling out (Zac Brown band for example)