I don't know a thing about soccer but I want to take a shot at it

I don't know a thing about soccer but I want to take a shot at it.

Is it anything like hockey?

How does one get into leagues?

So who are the top soccer nations?
I'm assuming
England
Mexico
Portugal
Italy
Brazil

Where's the US rank?

>sawker

It's kinda like hockey just because goals and goalkeepers are involved.

Most professionals in Europe played in academy's when they were younger and became a pro through that, in the US it's mostly through college.

England are shit, Mexico are okay but not great, Portugal are a bit overrated but have been doing good recently, Italy are good at times and bad at others, Brazil used to be good but are now shit. The USA is close to Mexico, they're decent but not one of the best.

>England
>Mexico
>Portugal

England and Brazil are in dire straits at the moment. Germany is probably best in the world, argentina is up there but they are perennial chokers, France is good, they play in the euro's semi final tomorrow. Whoever wins will go to the final to face portugal who one their semi today, winner of the final is champion of europe. As for league games, pretty much all of them are aired on NBC sports, league starts again in about a month. US is mediocre with a somewhat promising future. I don't know much about hockey, one difference I'm aware of is in soccer you are limited to 3 substitutions in a match,

Top soccer nations are Brazil, Germany and Italy

Second tier is Argentina, Netherlands, Spain and France

Englan' and Mexico suck ass, like really bad, they are awful

>B7AZ1L

Thanks anons

t. mad put70

Argentina is top soccer nation man
Very consistent team but too unlucky

>I don't know a thing about soccer but I want to take a shot at it.
That feel when burgers are finally converting

>Brazil

Nope, just pointing out how you laughed at the other countries when you couldn't even get out of your group in a meme cup. Stay salty monkey

if you kick the ball past the middle white line you get a grassing penalty
so it's just like hockey actually

Your a bad as us don't lie to yourself

Not anymore, maybe when Germany had 3 WC, because it was 5-4-3-2

But now there's a clear gap of 2 WC between Italy/Germany/Brazil and the rest

>So who are the top soccer nations?
>I'm assuming
>England
>Mexico
>Portugal

Again, consistent but unlucky. Of course with the exodus of your national team you guys may be kinda fucked

>Where's the US rank?

I dunno, something like top 15 maybe.

Argentina isn't consistent. What the fuck did they do between 1990 and 2010? Or between 1934 and 1974?
If you think reaching Copa America finals is a sign of consistency, then you must have started watching football in 2014. It's nothing more than an obligation.

>Where's the US rank?
Forbes Global 2000 > Coca-Cola > #83

Now THIS is shitposting

We're discussing how teams are current day to help an user who knows nothing, what you posted has no relevance, and you also sound kinda upset that they've still been more successful than you as of late without winning anything

All the top players play in Europe. The top leagues would be England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France (in that order).

Swap Spain and England around

>want to become a soccer fag

Turn in your man card, dude.

>your masculinity is this threatened by a sport
you are the real semen slurper here

OP, ignore the bantz. this may be bait but I got into soccer late, around 16 years old.
Am currently in the premier development league, decent fucking games, people skilled like hell. Nothing like the pros of course but it is amazing. If you want to play, join a local amatuer league and learn the game. What can hurt?

Follow Stockport County, historically one of the great teams.

tbf we were also kinda shit between 1934 and 1974.

>somehow a bad game with our worst NT in decades nullifies 5 World Cups

You need to meme harder than that, Sup Forums.

literal cuckold

>Italy, France
literally irrelevant

Rink hockey is essentially Portugal = Spain >>>> everyone else
we would dominate ice hockey too but theres no snow here

>bad game
you've been complete shit since you won 2002 world cup
Euros dominate the sport now deal with it monkey