Burgers and leafs, explain why your time zones don't follow your State and Province borders

Burgers and leafs, explain why your time zones don't follow your State and Province borders.

population distribution

because the sun doesn't determine where it hits the earth according to state borders

wew

What?

Well sometimes you have cities that are in multiple states. For instance part of Boise Idaho leaks into Oregon which is why that part of Oregon goes with Idaho's time zone. It just makes more sense to be on the same time zone in some cases. Then in places like Arizona you have large native American areas that just kind of do their own shit

Cultural borders. Northwest Indiana is on Central Time to be on the same time as Chicago, for example.

>Boise,Idaho
>Oregon

I made a map
areas circled in green are in a different timezone because they either are a suburb of a city in an adjacent timezone or have far more to do with that city than the closest city in their state's timezone
areas circled in orange are that way because the residents determined that being in the other timezone would be too much of a stretch and be obviously incorrect to everyone also with elements of the former, them having more to do with one time zone than the other.

There is also cultural things, I will include a map of the regional cultures for you to draw your own conclusions

Boise is bounded by a large mountain range directly to the east so it has been expanding westward for some time now. At this point the towns in the eastern part of Oregon are essentially part of the Boise metro area. That coupled with the fact that the main population centers in Oregon are in the western part of the state is why Boise is really the main population center for that particular county in Oregon.

Forgot the map because I am retarded

Who else /nodaylightsavingsmasterrace/ here?

and here is the cultural map, I didn't make it but it was correct enough beyond some obvious wrong shit in New York that I fixed.

I want to note that in Appalachia there is a difference between the Northern part and the Southern part but I'm not sure where to draw the line so I'll leave it as one.

Time zones are retarded bullshit. All of China follows one timezone for example.

That's probably the best region map of the US I've ever seen. Don't really agree with Texas but I couldn't make a perfect one either. Texas is kind of hard to place in these kinds of things

I think you should ask Australians about their time zones.

its accurate for Texas, you have to remember that only really the Triangle was heavily inhabited by Texas by the time of admission to the Union. The rest of Texas was really settled by other Americans, and the Texas-Louisiana Border was infested with faggot cotton planters

STOP

DELET THIS

I see what you're saying and west Texas is a lot like the rural parts of the south west but i feel like they have that Texas identity that separates them. Then again I haven't spent a significant amount of time in West Texas so maybe I'm wrong

What the fuck is this shit

Texas was its own country before it became part of the US and had special priviledges up to the American Civil War. Texan culture is in many ways derivative of Spanish/Mexican culture.

I haven't either and you are right in that they have a Texas identity but culturally they are like the Southwest.

No they aren't, Tex-Mex is a thing for a reason. Texan culture on its own is a derivative of Southern US mixed with the Western frontier and an independent streak because they were independent.

In some ways I feel it's best to split Texas into north and south rather than east and west. For example, El Paso is the quintessential Southwestern city but Lubbock has a much different feel, kind of more like the Deep south and distinctly more "Texan" I guess you could say. I don't know a whole lot about Texas history but that's just something I noticed.

Dude, Cowboys and Ranchero's were originally from Mexico. Tejano's have always been a decent percentage of the population as well. Not even mentioning the architecture heavily resembling Colonial Spanish architecture rather than Anglo-American.

>Ohio and Indiana
>Great plains

>Any part of Iowa
>Great Lakes

lol was this made by that russian guy or something?

kek I didn't even notice that but putting cincy and columbus ohio with the great plains is the dumbest shit I've seen

>South Australia is half an hour ahead of Queensland even though it's much further west

What idiot came up with this?

delet this

oop didn't notice there was no color difference, that place should be its own "Ohio River valley"

Here is a fix

>mid-Atlantic
>Cascadia

I live in the Mid-Atlantic and no weird shit happens here. Sleepy Hollow is practically a normal town. The real weird places is the Northern part of Northern New England

>The real weird places is the Northern part of Northern New England
I wouldn't worry about it

He's saying those regions aren't real, and he's right.

Also kys newfag

Post the Canadian map

we too have bizarre time zones
PS: GMT -3 best timezone

>barely made it into eastern