How does Sup Forums rank the last yearly big horror films 2013-2016? Let's try to make a voting...

How does Sup Forums rank the last yearly big horror films 2013-2016? Let's try to make a voting. If the thread reaches a good number of posts, we can have something of a general opinion.
Mind you that none of them are 'shit/garbage' or 'best film ever', so try to not sperg out.

My own:
It Follows > The VVitch > The Babadook > The Conjuring

Didn't watch The Conjuring
The VVitch>>>>>>> It Dooks

It follows is horror?

Of course

>It follows
Does a good job at emulating John Carpenter's use of tension, it lets things just simmer and burn. It has one of, if not the most original horror concepts in recent history. Also, the director does a good job at making things feel surreal or dream like, it's very hard to pin down what time span the movie is taking place in. There's no jumps in logic, where the monster violates it's own rules (from what I can remember). The only gripe I've got is that sometimes the acting was a little poor.

>The conjuring
The only thing I remember of this film was that there was some good tension, and good jump scares if you're into that. The only gripe I've got with it is that it kind of laid on a little heavy the whole jesus saving your soul deal.

Can't speak for the other two, except /x/ doesn't seem to like the Babadook, and that the VVitch had a great soundtrack.

it follows is the worst fliick on that list, followed by the conjuring

super under appreciated movie coming through.

the conjuring > the wwitch >>> the babadook >>>>>>>>>>>> it follows

>The Conjuring
Solid throughout, had some scares.

>The Babadook
Amazing atmosphere but the end was shit.

>It Follows
Started out good but about halfway through it turned to shit I thought.

>The VVitch
Overhyped pretentious garbage way too full of itself. Boring slog with extremely forced language. Ends just when it starts to become a little interesting. Fell asleep once for a few minutes during it due to how boring it was.

but the witch is painfully slow. it is honestly a really boring film.

>the vvitch is slow

how to spot true plebs

>heh heh nothing happens and I'm still watching, it's so deep
>I'm a true patrician who can enjoy a movie where nothing happens
>such a kino
;^)

Conjuring, 8/10. good story, solid performances.
babadookie. 4/10
it follows, 7/10. pretty good but jarring plot holes and a shitty ending bring it down.
the VVitch, 10/10 all around. honestly it shouldn't be ranked with the others. it's even better if you think of it as a period piece first and psychological thriller second. Which is easy since the cast did an amazing job playing 1600's puritans.
if nothing else the Witch has turned out to be the best pleb filter since Andre Rublev.

great flick and top comfy horror

ti west is saving the genre tbqh

>Conjuring 8/10
>it follows 7/10

lol opinion disregarded

>nothing happens

what are you even talking about, the only period where not much happens is right after the baby get kidnapped/eaten and thats still fairly entertaining. i dont even really like slow movies (most of 2001 was painful to watch) but the vvitch wasn't slow.

>nothing happens
I seriously don't understand where people are getting this. Disaster befalls this family throughout the whole movie, between disasters are superstitious emotional meltdowns.

>The Conjuring
Never saw it

>The Babadook
Pretty solid in terms of atmosphere and scares, but I'm getting pretty tired of "was it all in their head? who knows! :^)" Know whats scarier than something "in your head" or "a manifestation of neurosis?" An actual fucking thing that can fucking kill you.

>It Follows
Unique and scary throughout. Killer music, too.

>The VVitch
>Atmospheric horror that starts out "off" and things just get worse for everyone involved from there (like The Shining). While not the scairest of the bunch, the best made. Plebs cannot into. As another poster said, excellent pleb filter.

>all these fuckers praising the vvitch
mercy guys, it was really good, but I dont think it's a 'great'
I feel like the people who are so enamoured with it are pretty casual horror folk.

>An actual fucking thing that can fucking kill you.
What if it's all in your head/neurosis, but then it's actually real precisely because of that reason, like how HR Giger was scared of his visions being "only in his head" and this is like that shit come true. N'ah mean?

i saw it more as a thriller/drama than anything

It's not the best thing ever, but I'd sure as fuck put it over the rest of the 5/10s in this thread.

I'm not a horror pleb and I watched all of this. Quality wise The VVitch is leagues above anything else but I wouldn't call it a horror movie.

I thought Babadook was horrible

oh yes absolutely to you both, but people heralding it as the next godsend in horror are shilling pretty hard. They need to take a step back and re-evaluate.

>HR Giger was scared of his visions being "only in his head"
Tell me more.

it follows was so fucking good

I haven't seen anyone do that, but if they are it's probably because it's been a long time since there was a really compelling horror classic. Time will tell if The VVitch qualifies, but I'm pretty sure the enthusiasm will die down, and give way to more realistic praise of the film.

In the case of 2016, it's only May, so maybe until the year ends something bigger than The VVitch could appear? Is there anything strong to come out soon?

>WOULDST DOTH HAST THOU THINE CANST GIVETH

>Sup Forums's rating:
>10/10

When Alien's writer Dan O'Bannon met him (for the first time IIRC, before Alien was an actual project), Giger produced drugs (opium) and asked if he wanted some. O'Bannon didn't want them, and asked him why he took that stuff. Giger said that he was afraid of his visions. O'Bannon naturally pointed out that it was all in his mind. Giger's reply: "that is what I'm afraid of."

just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane and I would say that movie is much better than the other 4. no jump scares, non-retarded protag, good ending, overall a solid movie

The Witch (2016)
Evil Dead (2013)
The Babadook (2014)

---POWER GAP---

It Follows (2015)

I can't even tell if you are rating them from worst to best or best to worst

Yeah, Babadook was pretty bad, but It Follows was a massive let down.

The last few years have been pretty terrible, but I liked The Witch.

im guessing it follows is the worst since its pretty shit

well, evil dead is very shitty too

I have the same ranking as OP, but I liked The Conjuring so that's pretty high praise for all 4.

ill take your word for it, there's no way ill defile the name of the original evil dead by watching that abortion

Is this a random chart, favorites or there's a theme I'm missing?

>good ending
>alien invasion defeated by molotov
Also against a non-retarded protag we had a retarded antagonist

Evil Dead is a lot of fun and has the best American gore maybe ever. It Follows is le independent darling despite being a dumb young adult flick. DUDE STDS LMAO

Not him, but I think its biggest offense, aside from being completely uninspired and unnecessary, is that it starts out at a high level of mean, gross violence and doesn't raise the bar for the climax. It's just a steady stream of gnarly imagery till the end. It wasn't done with much tact.

IT SHILLS
T

S
H
I
L
L
S

>DUDE STDS LMAO
Every time we have this thread one of you has to bring this completely fucking retarded opinion

the original evil dead is shitty and ridiculously overrated but the new one is even worse. really makes you think. how can you make such bad movies?

It Shits
The Crapjuring
The Babagook
The Bitch( this is very poor)

I'm sorry, just testing how are my shiptposting skills for other threads

Are you saying It Follows was not advising safe sex?

hi scary film lover here

>great tier
The Witch > It Follows >>> Goodnight Mommy > Moebius > Evil Dead >

>decent tier
The Conjuring > Backcountry >>> Babadook >> Paddington > Starry Eyes >

>mediocre tier
As Above So Below >> Mama >

>bad tier
VHS 2 > Knock Knock > Green Inferno > The Curse of Chucky >> Insidious 2 > Texas Chainsaw 3D

hope the layout came out alright

a shitpost only a mother could love

horror movies from the 60s

there are more charts by decade, but this is the only one I have.

Stephen King said recently he was actually frightened while watching it. I wouldn't call it a horror either atleast not in a conventional sense, but the atmosphere and nuance in the Witch can certainly be terrifying if you let yourself be immersed in it. and of course plebs can't. the accents is the biggest complainant I see on Sup Forums ffs.

Whrn the fuck will the meme horror meme end?

Conjuring is the only good movie in that image.

I live in the woods, so the atmosphere alone is enough to creep on me a little bit.

>witch is painfully slow

You have adhd right? Stick to the capeshit :^)

It Follows was terrible, I can't believe how much praise it's gotten.

But it literally blows those three out completely

>it follows
a cheap music video for a mediocre synth cover band

>the conjuring
a traditional mainstream horror movie

>babadook
a student film drama

>the witch
literally a behemoth music video

If The Witch didn't look as beautiful as it does, nobody would be paying it any attention at all.

>literally a behemoth music video
Hahaha

I'mma listen to some Behemoth now.

>le le le la la la

The Witch > The Babadook >>> It Follows >>>>>> The Conjuring

>If Starship Troopers used handpuppets instead of cgi nobody would like it

The ass was fat

You know it's true. The cinematography is the best thing The Witch has going for it. To say otherwise is retarded.

It's a sad thought that most of the current board wasn't even here for the threads on The Conjuring or Babadook. And, yes, there were many

thomasin's budding titties were the best thing going for it

Why didn't he make this but with Sarah instead? Oh, what could have been

body double.

even with her shirt on they were pretty lewd

That is not even remotely what the movie was trying to get across. The movie is about mortality and isolation, not AIDS

The Conjuring - 7/10
The Babadook - 5/10
It Follows - 6/10
The VVVVVVVVVVVVitch - 4/10

My point is that taking out big chunks of the film vital to its atmosphere and saying "See, this movie shit without its essential features" is meaningless. kys,mm

Are those mutually exclusive?

Spoken like a retard

It's not meaningless, it's a valid criticism. There wasn't anything spectacular going on in this movie except for the way it looked which when compared to nearly everything else in the genre gave it a heads up. It wasn't particularly scary.

>There wasn't anything spectacular going on
Yeah, no great performances, no convincing period setting, no tension, no mystery...

kys,mm

>convincing period setting
>with that forced fucking dialogue all throughout
>implying people actually talked like that
That shit brought me so out of the movie with every line. Couldn't take anything of it seriously.

>implying people actually talked like that
Prove otherwise you mong.

How do you suppose they talked, smart-pants?

>It's not meaningless, it's a valid criticism
Hmm
>remove vital element of the film
>say movie is shit
>valid

Prove to me some random farmers in the middle of bumfuck nowhere talked like that. It was just pretentious drivel to appeal to self-proclaimed "patricians".

Not simply random farmers, retard. They were first-generation immigrants well-educated enough for talking a rather common language for the time. It's perfectly acceptable the way it's depicted in the film.

Retarded frog

You are cancer, kill yourself

Don't bother btfo him, guy is just shitposting

>implying written text was equivalent to some inbred farmer spoken language
>well-educated
>bitch can't even write her name
so much butthurt trying to defend their so-called "kino"

Nah it's a terrible teen drama. OP is a reddit retard

The babadook was the most clichéd movie, it wasn't even scary

The Witch
9/10

Creep
8.5/10

The Babadook
5/10

The Conjuring
4/10

It Follows
4/10

Sorry but you were served :^)

>The Witch

Literally Le Atmospheric Flick Where Nothing Happens: The Movie

>no more arguments
>you were served :^)
:^)

check again :^)

Not really. By any standard it's a horror film. Of course, maybe not on a retard's standards like you, but in this case it doesn't count.

>le frog shitposter
Keep making quality contributions

>:^)
>^
These posters are witches

My posts are of the same quality as The VVitch was.

>whole family dies because of obscure forces
>nothing happens

I vote we round them up and invite them to confess

pleb