Dear Sup Forumsros, about four days ago i scraped my knee badly...

Dear Sup Forumsros, about four days ago i scraped my knee badly. Its mainly preliminary but it still hurts when i bend my knee. I'm a football player and the season starts in 5 weeks, do you think I'll be able to play by then? I've mainly kept it covered with moist bandages and I've been using antibiotic cream.i change the bandage every morning and i took this pic whilst changing it. How long do you think it will take until i can walk without a limp, im fairly healthy, have a good diet and i don't smoke.

5 weeks is a long time you'll be fine

Op here, does it look okay? I got a tad worried when i saw the greenish stuff in thr wound.

Talk to an osteopath. The knee is a complex joint.

Wait, football or american football?

You're going to be fine, in 5 weeks your scrape, which doesn't look that bad, would have of scabbed over and the scab would of probably have mostly fallen off. I had close to the same kind of scrape you had and I know it's kind of hard to deal with at first, but it will heal in the 5 weeks you have. So don't worry friend.

Jesus fuck, go talk to a medical professional. Greenish stuff is pus.

5 weeks is plenty of time, don't act like such a faggot over a fucking scrape

dubs of inquiry

Think he means handegg bro

Moist!

Oh ya you'll be fine by then. I had a similar wound on my knee from a longboarding accident. Make sure to clean it with peroxide when you can and wear shorts.

Handegg, I'm a canabro

thats all normal stages of healing. keep the entire area clean and covered with ointment or you'll scab up really bad and take longer to heal.
5 weeks is a long time, im sure you'll be fine by then.

Thanks, i was just worried,

disregard these guys. I'm afraid you're going to have to amputate your leg at home and autocannibalize it for maximum sustenance for optimal recovery

Wash the thing with soap and water and then use hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is really effective at cleaning but it stings like a bitch and leaves scars. If u dont wanna use that then any antibiotic cream is fine. You can find it at any convenience store. Also try leaving the wound exposed to air so that it can scab quickly. Leaving the thing moist will make scabbing really long.

looks like a surface injury had it couple of weeks ago. wear shorts, let it breathe and keep it clean. should be gone in a week and a half.

Op here, thanks. Should i record and post to halfching

Have you ever scraped yourself like that? That's nothing to worry about, I scraped myself in the knee like OP and it looked bad and I was getting scared it was infected because puss was coming out of it but it healed in a week. OP you will be fine just make sure to clean it everyday

this. and dont cover it too often/long, then it will be fine in a few days

There were 3 slightly deeper cuts in it, any deeper i probably would've needed stitches.

That's infected; see a medical professional for help.

If not, clean thoroughly with soap and water, let air dry and apply some antibacterial ointment. Change bandages at least twice daily. Make sure you keep it clean at all times.

>scraped my knee pretty bad, will I be able to play in 5 weeks?

Kek.

You need MOIST TOWELETTES

dude i did something similar not too long ago.

best thing to do is not put any creams on it at all, get either a large cotton plaster from a pharmacy (buy lots) or cotton bandages.

change it twice a day and take it off before bed to let some air get to it.

it'll dry out, get scabby and very itchy but refrain from touching it. it'll take arond 2 weeks to heal enough to stop hurting but around 3-4 weeks to be completely gone and have full fresh skin.

but trust me when i say stop putting creams on it, it wont allow it to heal properly.
your skin is already trying to do that and putting a barrier of antibiotic creams is just slowing the process.

if it does happen to get infected (yellow puss coming out of dry scabs) talk to a doctor and they'll probably give you a weeks dose of penicilin.

you'll be all good for football dude

Thanks dudebro, there is one part that's not as covered ad the rest (see in pic) and it's scanning already, so i think ill take this advice. I am a bit worried about cotton getting stuck in it though.

na mate im good but keep the vid to yourself might need it for medical insurance

Wrong it isn't

Why are you keeping it wet retard just let it dry out out scab over you big baby.

>protip you're too much of a pussy for sports

Sorry autocorrect, as* scabbing*

You sound like a whiny bitch OP. You should probably quit tbh

Protip, fuck off
Bait is late, m8.

> Scrape knee
> Take care of it

"What a whiny bitch for taking care of himself"

>scrape knee
>guys will I be able to play in 5 weeks?
>"yeah should be good in a couple weeks bro"
>oh but there's these 3 other cuts that may have needed stitches..

Youre crying for attention like a whiny bitch.

What do you want someone to tell you?

"oh looks gnarly man how can u stand it, thats rough bro fuk how r u alive"

The same thing happened to me, I fixed it myself

its healing but STOP COVERING IT.
you have to let it scab properly, most of that shit on the surface is scab making shit the body makes and your not letting it do its job.

tldr- leave uncovered but still use antibiotic cream till its fully scabbed