What are the regions of the US with French influence like?

What are the regions of the US with French influence like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xaAMCDvpOn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

KRAUTED

Can't speak for those in Maine/New England, but the Cajuns in Louisiana are pretty interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=xaAMCDvpOn8

basically Quebec in the North, black-French mix in Louisana. Really weird. Watch the Princess and the Frog Disney movie.

French influence or French ancestry?

For French ancestry, within the swamps of Louisiana is the creole culture. Basically a bunch of rednecks doing stupid shit and speaking barely comprehensible English. I don't know much about northern Maine or Vermont, but I'd go on a limb and say they're pretty much just rural folks who are similar to Canadians.

As far as French influence, that map doesn't really show the extent. In many places that were involved in the Louisiana Purchase (my part of the country included) several of the oldest towns in the area were founded by French explorers, and as a result have French names. The fur trade also had a lot of French basis prior to the US's colonization of the area. Modern day they aren't really any different from the rest of the US though.

The towns with the most French speakers are in Maine and New Hampshire. Frenchville, Maine is the only town in the US with a Francophone majority, I think.

Also, one of two US regions where men are still men is dominated by the Irish. Quelle surprise.

>america is whiiiite

Hahahahhahahahhahahhahahah

reminder

>2000
sorry dude, you're way more spiced than that

>French clays are growing
goude.

Looks exactly the same

look at Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, California and Idaho, everytime there is more and more

Still only takes like 10 percent to get a plurality

>My county is American

HELL

YTEAH

How come most Americans are German when 99% of their names are either British or Spanish?

Lots of them Anglicised their names, because people used to feel a desire to integrate, rather than move to a country and immediately demand it becomes more like the one you chose to leave.

>Basically a bunch of rednecks doing stupid shit and speaking barely comprehensible English.

Not bad, not bad.

>Lots of them Anglicised their names

Africans and arabs have no excuse. NO EXCUSE.

>Africans and arabs have no excuse. NO EXCUSE
Well for one they'd be hated even with anglicised names.

Most of those German Counties are rural because that's where most of the Germans post 1800s went

It was also because during WWI they did not want to be seen as Germans

Literally Swamp People

No. In fact most of the places called French in that part of the US are Spaniard. Taken and renamed by french later.
Inb4 mhu mexican. Im French and not from African ancester.

This happent also with Spaniards after The start of ww2 and Francos'support to the Axiss

>not a single Polish flag anywhere
>even Chicago is Mexican or Kraut
fuck you Ameriga I thought we were friends

French hillbillies amongst all hillbillies are the dumbest off all

How is that a bad thing?

afaik pennsylvania has a lot of poles and eastern eurofags

Are you implying it's possible to be dumber than germans and bongs?

we're LITERALLY the master race
frogboy

How can you claim that when you can't even check 'em?

check these

>most Americans are German
They aren't, those maps only show a plurality in the respective counties, not the majority

And a good chunk of the places where many German-descended people live are thinnly populated anyway

check 'em, eternal anglo

The southern ones are absolute third world shitholes but the food is great.

AFAIK in Louisiana you have these people who speak a creole and have some kind of culture or something... in the northeast you have Québécois leaving their influence, I guess.

this