Why is the second track on an album usually the best out of all?

why is the second track on an album usually the best out of all?
Seriously, I tried finding an album that wasn't like that.
Take any album and i bet the second song on there is the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NrZ7ew8n5SU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not the case.

There's thousands examples of this not being the case, but usually 2nd is a nice place for the main single. The first is always the warm-up/intro track to get into the mood, the second track is the one that hooks you into the album.

Figaro isn't second though, so there goes that.

Best track 2 coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=NrZ7ew8n5SU

agree, in my opinion it's the most important place for an album.

Wrong Its the 3rd.

yikes.

There are some exclusions though, the easiest of contemporaries being Death Grips probably, they always put one of the biggest hooks on the first track, but that's kind of a given with their much more immediate style.

>Spiderland
lolno

>TMR
lolno

Any album can have a good opener, but if the second track is just as good you know the whole album will be that high of a quality.

Money Store has a track 2 with a really strong hook, probably my favorite song on the album

That's funny I always felt it was kind of the opposite, unless track 1 is a shorter intro song and 2 is the big opener, it usually seems like bands will try to open with a really strong hit-ish type song and use that momentum to carry through a weaker second track before moving onto the rest of the album.

I think the short intro, then overture is a bester practice though. Some of my favorite shorty intros before the album opens up are Such Small Hands by La Dispute, Regression by Dream Theater, Prelude to Pregnancy by Bunny the Bear, Fine by Form / Void, Static by the ok-ok's, another bandcamp band, Laughing and Not Being by Groomes, the Love Below by Outkast, and of course King of Carrot flours 1. I feel like these all have the quality of getting you amped up to see how the sounds you're hearing are going to unfold into the rest of an album, like a really small dose of all the elements that make up the band you're listening to.

lmao

trips confirm Come Together is the best track

>wew

The best song is objectively kush and korinthians

trips confirm this

He's right

yeah, also got me wondering

Every Death Grips album in case anyone hasn't noticed

There is no best track on Madvillainy

pleb

It's actually the 3rd

king of carrot flowers part 2