God Tier Sports States

God Tier Sports States

>inb4 muh professional franchises

Overall quality of living

California < Texas

>t. Texas Panhandlian

>t. Californian Coat Tailin

What's so good about them?

Their NFL teams are currently shit and their college football/basketball teams are currently shit. Their MLB teams sans the Giants and Rangers aren't title contenders. They have the Spurs, Warriors, LA Kings, Ducks, Stars, and Shorks as their only currently good teams otherwise. That's 2 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams, and 4 NHL teams. Considering the population of each state and how much money they pump into their athletics, that's pathetic. You could argue They both have historically good teams in every sport but if you're making that argument you might as well call New York, Illinois, or Massachusetts as God-Tier Sports States because of their success in the last century.

New England

>thinking a states population has anything to do with their professional franchises success.

I think you're referring to a country's population relative to its Olympic team

PA

>city with most (6) rings
>6 stan lee bowls
>solid mlb teams
>lol orangechuck

>muh steel industry

Have fun in your shotty climate and dwindling economy

Population factors into market size and living conditions. It's clearly evident that professional leagues are biased towards larger markets and, like most human beings, professional athletes tend to prefer living in places of higher wealth with better living conditions (large markets, like California and Texas).

These States naturally have enough wealth and entertainment to attract great athletes, which is why it is surprising that they aren't more successful relative to the number of teams they have. They have 6 NFL teams and not a single one of them is good, 7 MLB teams but only 1 -maybe- 2 good teams, and 7 NBA teams but only 3 that are title-contenders (though spurs will probably drop off a bit this season). I'll give them their NHL teams, of which all 4 were good this past season (though none of them won the championship).

What state would you consider to be superior on all levels athletically??

>california
dont make me laugh

Ohhhhh, you do t say ..

>another championship for California this year
>another year of tears for the obese shanty of Texas
h-how bout dem boyz amirite

Relative to the number of teams they have? Probably Pennsylvania or Massachusetts. I recognize that Pennsylvania has shit NBA but their MLB teams are moderate to above average, their NFL teams are moderate to above average, they recently won the NHL, and their college teams in both major sports are slightly below average to above average. Massachusetts is generally very good in every sport except college basketball and football. But at least the majority of their teams are good, which is something you can't say for California and Texas.

>college teams aren't good

Do you even into college sports??

>rice baseball
>u of h football

This.

PA is king of sports states.

Well at least we can all agree that New York is the most overrated sports state of all. They're more famous for choking than winning, if you take both NYC and Buffalo into account.

How many college teams does Texas have?

They're on average worse than the Pennsylvania schools in football and basketball. I won't deny that they're better better than Massachusetts college athletics though, but that's not saying much considering Massachusetts is one of the worst if not the worst college basketball/football state.

Also,
>college baseball
You sound like a Vanderbilt or South Carolina faggot right now

This I can agree with. The majority of their teams can't win a damn thing despite getting 2-3 times more hype and media coverage than any other market, barring maybe Miami or LA.

How's the steel industry senpai?

>cherry picking proves my point

Texas and Cali (overall) have better athletics than other states

What's your criteria? Past success of all teams? Sure they're the best then, because there's a shitton of teams and they are wealthy big-market states. But a state isn't really the -best- athletic state unless it's teams are currently good, right? The majority of college and professional teams in Texas & California are shit right now. The states' average level of competitiveness in all sports is relatively average aside from the NHL. Compare this to a state like Pennsylvania, where all teams except for the 76ers and flyers are either average to great. Or Massachusetts, where every professional team is either good or garnered success in recent years.

But Pennsylvania is full of inbreed alcoholics and metal factories

And California and Texas are filled with coke fiends and poor mexicans.