Moving to the US in a month

Moving to the US in a month.
>My house that I bought does not have a pool
>will I be able to host BBQ without a pool?
>Can I get a blow-up-pool? Or will I be laught at.

I would love to see a "blow-up-pool". :P

Loads of people have them here. I have one myself. In ground and above ground pools are like $9k ain't no one have money for that.

Pools and boats are two things that are super high maintenance.
Not even worth it.

Also this ^
Lots of people here in upstate NY pools have dried up. Usually old folks have them but don't do the DAILY fucking maintenance on them.

so where do we BBQ if not with a pool? Oceans are all messed up. Blow-up-pools are for children. Real pools are for rich folks. Public pools are full of retards.

the american dream right here.

Don't need a pool man. It would be fun yeah, but not many people have pools here. Only 27% just looked it up. Don't sweat it

Blow up pools are a joke. Good for drunken laughs that's about it.

Real pools aren't that bad. If you can afford one, you can afford to pay someone to drop by a few times a week to clean it up and shit. During the winter and fall you just cover it up.

You can have a BBQ without a pool easy. And if you want to BBQ at a pool, there's lots of places in the US that would accommodate. Bit pricey, but that's US for you. If you're willing to pay for it, we got it.

>will I be able to host BBQ without a pool?

yes. only kids use the pool anyways.

27% is not a small number. I'm betting the ones that host BBQ are the 27% and the rest are the invited ones.

guess I will just have to give it up and have normal dinings. Which is okay, don't get me wrong.

you dumb nigger. google your address and get a sky view of your neighborhood. im sure the numbers a lot lower than 27%.

It depends on where your moving to if its in the south you might want to look into getting one but if its up north than don't even bother really, I'm in Florida (the hell swamp part) and I have a pool and trust me it's well worth it

just shop online you can find a decent sized above ground pool for less then 300
"blowup pools" are bullshit and to high maintenance
anyway my friend whos a welder just took old metal sheeting and made us a decent pool complete with a small deck area for beer
probably spent about eighty bucks if you count the acetylene

Moving to the outsides of NY if that's any help.

ALWAYS count the acetylene

had a pool on my old house, used a 100 times for 15 years. fucking useless

Just don't let niggers shit in your pool

OP, What PART of the USA are you going to, what state?
Having a pool is only a component in being a social 'hit' if you are young. If you are over 30 yrs old, the only way it would make you more popular is if it were an 'in ground' pool (that means if you were rich).
TL:DR: If you are a drunken fool in Texas, get an above the ground pool and have plenty of beer.
If you're trying to impress starlets in Hollywood, you better have the $$$$$

True friends don't give a fuck how your pool looks, you could have a fucking Slip n slide to have fun.
pic is unrelated

I have an above ground pool, and my neighbor has an in ground pool, both of us throw parties and nobody ever goes near the pools unless for some reason there happens to be kids, then we just let them all hangout in the pool while everybody else drinks and eats and shit.

You can get a charcoal grill for like 30 bucks. You can get styrofoam coolers, bags of ice, and cases of beer enough to drink up all your friends for less than 100 bucks. Add the meat, some burgers, dogs, maybe corn on the cob, plus condiments/buns/etc. You can have a killer bbq for less than 200 depending on the amount of people you invite. You dont NEED a pool, but those big blue things like in pic dont hurt at all. May not be fancy, but nobody cares so long as its not their house. Having a place to splash after getting shitfaced is pretty fun, even if its one of those above ground Walmart pools.

/thread

Im I live in rural NY as well. Pools really aren't a "must have", 98% of the time they're ignored.

Most people swim in the lakes and creeks, anyway.

this is the problem with pools. they seem cool because you dont ahve one, and using one is a treat
but then when you do have its not something you use every day unless your really really into swimming. the novelty wears off fast and your left with what is essentially a large hole in the ground filled with increasingly nasty water that attracts debris and dead bugs/animals like its going out of style
most of your memories of a pool will be of having to routinely clean it out and thats not even mentioning the upkeep and maintenance things like your filter require

Don't let niggers into your pool at all.

Don't need a pool. Just went to a really successful BBQ yesterday who had no pool. Make sure though to have some beers on hand and good music.

Pic isn't unrelated, get some naked bitches instead of a pool. Instant neighborhood king

I second this and invite me bro.

What in the actual fuck

Just have a normal BBQ in a garden. Get a fire pit if you need a centerpiece.

>fire pit
There's a lack of white trash on this board. Get yourself an inflatable pool and a cinderblock fire ring and you've saved some money

get a sprinkler, fuck it

Why is that filename Electric Idiots? Have you people never heard of a Ground Fault Interrupter Circuit (GFIC)? They're great for kitchens, bathrooms, outdoors, and especially around pools. You literally cannot be shocked if your appliances are plugged into one.

Seems more like the europeans (look at the plug shapes, that's not US) in that picture know what they're doing just fine.

If u got blow up pool+ invited me 1st chance I get I cut slit in it wif knife

Doesn't keep you from getting shocked if the power strip itself short circuits. And Americans have GFICs too, they're in practically every bathroom and outdoor outlet, plus the houses fuses are all that type

If the power strip shorts, the GFIC its plugged into trips. No shock, or at worst maybe a brief tingle if the maintenance is shit. They generally fail safe, after all.

Yes, I know they're common in the US. They ought to be universal but they do cost more than a regular outlet, and you can't plug ancient 2 prong shit into them.

Now how would it short circuit itself? Using what power?

get a fucking slip and slide

u need friends for that faggot

Maybe it's cause I'm not an electrician, but I was pretty sure the GFIC is part of the power strip. If the cord entering the power strip is loose or frayed, then water could contact those wires and connect you right the house's power grid

No the strip just has a surge protector in it usually. You can get them with GFICs but they're usually a lot fatter. The power strip is most likely plugged into a GFIC at the wall.

pools suck ass. I live in phx, fucking everyone has a pool, but unless you have kids that are going to use it constantly its just a giant drain of money.

shit, 4th of july - have party with family, no one swims in pool. dad is disappointed. typical story.

you have to scrub them or they algea up and turn green with stains. constant battle with chemicals. 7 months a year too cold to swim - still have to care for it. list goes on and on. oh, and its a giant fucking death trap for kids. kids drown here every summer. so you better have a fucking fence around it.

You don't need a pool. Pools have nothing to do with BBQing. You just BBQ wherever the grill is. Backyard, park, patio, whatever.

If nobody's taught those kids how to swim well then they deserve to drown

>moving to the US
>picture of europeans being stupid as fuck

JUST.

Don't need a pool. Just a backyard and a patio table/chairs.

Some places have Home Owner Assosiations with public pools and shit. Used to live at a place with a private "public" pool.

Its the red chord falling in thats the problem. Even a millisecond of the amps the city can deliver could kill a person.

Or a hose

Just get a decent grill. One that can fit two racks of ribs. Charcoal is great, propane is good too.

Black bbqs have no pools

3 Essentials for an American home backyard.
>BBQ Grill
>Pool
>Trampoline

i have a pool because niggers are afraid of water. so my backyard is like bug repellent to niggers= no break ins