Are you guys buying that ABC couldn’t afford to pay her anymore? ABC is owned by Disney. What’s the real story?

Are you guys buying that ABC couldn’t afford to pay her anymore? ABC is owned by Disney. What’s the real story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=agNYFfgQbS4
usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/stana-katic-would-cry-in-her-castle-dressing-room-over-nathan-fillion-w203418
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The two leads fucking HATED each other.

It's just that simple.

So like Fred and Ethel's actors in I Love Lucy? Who was in the wrong?

Why did they hate each other? And source?

Fillion like women right?

he really is ruggedly handsome isn't he

But if they've lasted this many seasons why drag it down now?

She had really terrible body odor and the cast and crew was just too polite to tell her.

I like the pussy, but I have sexual thoughts about about Nathan Fillion. Am I gay?

Idk, is water wet?

does the pope shit in the woods?

I thought Castle ended like 2 years ago. ABC is so shit if it isn't their wednesday comedy bloc or that powerful-woman drama TGIT shit lineup, you never know where they are shuffling shit.

Fillion is apparently abusive and made it so that she would wait until scenes were over just to go to her dressing room and cry

If it was about money, why couldn't they cut some of their shit shows like the one about the gay kid in the Catholic family based on Dan Savage.

This

She smelled like curdled milk

Really? I can't imagine that. Why would he be mean to her?

It's the cool ones who always turn out to be the assholes because their cool guy image is just a persona.

What? Would he call her names on stage?

I dunno why they hated each other. It's Hollywood and egos get in the way if they aren't preciously stroked every damn time they snap their fingers. Maybe Nathan is a douche off camera, maybe Katic is a cuntbeast. Maybe it's a little of both.

There have been successful pairings of people that really couldn't stand to be in the same room together once the shoot ended throughout the years. This thread mentioned Fred & Ethyl Mertz for starters. There's Cybil Sheppard & Bruce Willis in Moonlighting, Ponch & John from CHiPs, Laverne & Shirley. Nathan & Katic are just another pair in a long list of names of a trend that will never go away.

I only saw a handful of Castle episodes. It's a tame show, very predictable and paint by the numbers formulaic. Katic is hot but it's not a show I would go out of my way to catch. One thing I do know about Katic is she can speak like 5 languages and one of them I think is Mandarin Chinese but I learned that on Craigy Ferg's Late Show Funhouse when all the hot chicks flocked to the Master.

Source?

>Maybe Nathan is a douche off camera
He actually is.

Pretty fun for a cookie cutter show. Haven't watched it in a few years though, had no idea it was still airing new epiosdes.

How do you know?

My parents were killed by nathan fillion.

Fillion has always been super bitter about Firefly.

I'm sure that bitterness has only increased after eight seasons of a role he thinks of as just a paycheck while the one he loved was only for a season.

He probably sort of hates life and it's almost a guarantee he'll go full JUST after Castle ends.

He wore the malcolm reynolds outfit in a halloween episode once. That was pretty cool.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, he loves working with all his former Firefly cast mates even if it's random web series that make no money. I would probably also be bitter if I was handed a great role, only got to play it for six months before it got canceled, and then spent 8 years playing a generic snarky playboy on yet another formulaic crime procedural on network TV. You can tell he doesn't give a fuck anymore because he even let himself get fat.

Why? Castle is infinitely better than Firefly.

>Hi honey I'm a space cowboy again!
>dad that was six years ago, you need to move on...

Damn...

/thread

If it was a money problem, why not just get rid of Hayley or not bring in expensive guest actors?

good joke

I heard it is the other way around, she was acting the diva on set with the crew and Fillion literally called her a cunt for the way she was treating people.

I have no real love for Firefly but Castle is at best semi-decent. Most of the plots are predictable, it's your typical crime procedural, and the character Castle himself is a generic jerk with a heart of gold. It's no wonder that Fillion is bitter and probably hates the show with a burning passion but can't leave it.

Katic is hot as fuck, and I'm not even your typical 4channer who considers any old good-looking woman hot as fuck. The woman is just straight gorgeous. That's pretty much the best thing the show has going for it.

>liking Whedon's boring Star Trek fanfiction in 2016

I thought it was boring too. Tried watching it a few years ago to see what everyone was so excited about.

Stana hates Nathan because she had a crush on him and found out he was fucking Molly Quinn.
I can't tell you how I know just believe me.

Money and they couldn't stand each other to point of having to go to actual marriage counseling.

It is a problem with very different kinds of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=agNYFfgQbS4

this is the kind of stuff he is doing on his off time and tends to hang out with more conservative actors.

Stana is basically a new age hippie. She also dragged her heels last year on reupping so it wouldn't be surprised if they played hardball when she probably just wanted out.

The show has been done since season 7. They got married, where else could they go with the story? its been over for years and he has a way different take on the show than she does as well.

She's a weirdo and he's probably enough of a dick to her that it creates friction.

Truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Does that make you the hero Sup Forums deserves?

Never saw this series before, came here expecting based FRANK

But she's married now. To some guy from the same Slavic country her parents came from.

usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/stana-katic-would-cry-in-her-castle-dressing-room-over-nathan-fillion-w203418

>"Stana would cry on set because Nathan was such a bully to her," one source tells Us. A second insider adds: "Stana would go in her dressing room and cry. A lot of people who work on the show don’t like Nathan. It’s not just her."

Well something obviously happened because they used to get along really well so who knows.

>tends to hang out with more conservative actors.
Just Adam Baldwin. Fillion himself I think is a liberal. I think Tudyk is too. And there's no need to wonder with Whedon and Felicia Day.

>unnamed sources

If he's such a dick then why is everyone else coming back?

Does that mean he was playing himself in this?

Zach Levi, The supernatural brothers are from Texas, Ackles Dad is a Fundie.

Zach is a huge christfag.

It isn't just Adam baldwin

Castle's not exactly full of A-listers or even B-listers apart from Fillion. It's probably the best job a lot of them will have.

lol, no

Castle is the same crime procedural shit that runs on every other channel,

And you think stana and black chick are a-listers?

I've never seen anything with him and the Supernatural guys. I know they're friends with Amell. And if Ackles is a religious Christian like his father (who is literally a pro-life anchor), I wonder how he took the latest episode which portrayed God as a bisexual folk singer who makes mistakes.

Well considering God saved the day in a super sappy but great way.. probably well.

Lanie's leaving too. And Gates left last season.

Yeah, but it would have been much better if they didn't have anybody play him in the first place. The sister thing was dumb, but making him a betamale who fucks guys is just crappy.

Considering that was one of the better episodes since the first five seasons, I'll have to disagree with you.

Gates got cut to save money, pretty sure the chick that plays lanie is actual friends with stana so it wouldn't be surprised if they cleaned house a bit.

They're going to bring in summer glau to replace Stana, so the show only has 1 more season anyway.

>They're going to bring in summer glau to replace Stana, so the show only has 1 more season anyway.
lol,

that was great and awful at the same time

No, but Stana Katic gets some movies and voice acting gigs. Those two guys who play the Hispanic and Irish cops, that's probably going to be the extent of their career. Molly Quinn might be able to get some work because she's hot, but she's very young so she can put up with some shit without worrying about whether she'll be aged out of Hollywood in a few years.

I wish the curse of Glau still applied so she would have killed Arrow after appearing in season 2

I guess we will see. Nathan has connections with enough people that he is going to be fine and pushed to get the others back so looks like 1 more year at least.

>One thing I do know about Katic is she can speak like 5 languages and one of them I think is Mandarin Chinese
So I guess she didn't like what he'd say in Firefly that nobody else could understand

They just might not be bringing her back for story reasons guys.

Yeah right.

>Nathan has connections with enough people that he is going to be fine

he gets like 100k each episode. he's more than fine

besides that he can do cons

Yeah, but cons are so annoying.

>They're going to bring in summer glau to replace Stana, so the show only has 1 more season anyway.
Sauce? This pleases my interests but if that happens 'caskett' fans are going to be even more butthurt lol

It's a joke.

Yeah i didn't realise until after I posted

She did guest in one episode, but that was it.

I know. There were rumors about a spin-off but that's about it

Weren't there rumors about a spin-off about Derrick Storm? But that would be weird because Storm basically is Castle the same way Beckett is Nikki Heat. Still could give them an excuse to recast but keep the same writers and story vibe.

Yeah but that's 2 years ago
Maybe they'll pick up on it again now that castle's as good as done for

Then why not just turn it into an animated series and they can record their parts separately?

They should bring back Ryan and Esposito as whoever their doubles are and bring in Jason Bateman and Micha Barton as Storm and Heat.

QTDDIOT
>How many CSI clones are there?

Hard to believe that'd be the case since Fillion gets along fine with everybody he's ever worked with, and he's described by everyone he has met as the nicest person ever.

Although he's a bit of a prankster. Maybe Katic couldn't take the jokes and he was a dick about it. I thought they did fug IRL. Maybe they relationship turned sour. I don't know.

she got too beautiful

Neither was openly dating anyone for the first few years so nobody knows but within last couple years both of them stepped out with someone else.

Why do people watch these shitty shows? Nowadays there are much better TV series to spend your time on, unless you're some middle aged woman who doesn't care, there's no excuse to watch Castle.

brah dont get fannyflustered

What shows do you watch that are so much better?