How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Without looking anything up, explain how earthquakes work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bTokX8VUmOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

techtonic plate movements cause earthquakes

your mom walking

You act like an infidel and it angers Allah so he makes the earth move.

dubs don't lie

subduction zones
friction
pressure builds then releases suddenly
like a potato

They originate from the movement of the tectonic plates of the earth's crust. Whether they are part of a strike-slip fault (two plates brushing side by side) or when one plate dives below another, movement can be impaired for a given amount of time. After enough potential energy builds up to break the impairment, sudden movement of the plate occurs. This takes form in an earthquake.

earthquakes can't get jobs

earthquakes are like giant sound waves moving through the crust. they're the rubbing sounds when tectonic plates rub. We feel them as ultra loud, ultra-bassy soundwaves that shake our buildings.

at a [6], how did I do?

Tectonic plates rub against each other right?

Jesus unzips his pants and let's his giant, veiny cock fall to the floor.

Magic you fucking idiots.

You're thinking of niggers.

the tectonic plates like move and go do the friction thing and everything shakes
twist twist BOOM

There are several different causes of earthquakes, I don't remember the names of each type but I do remember these primary causes.
1. Tectonic plates are moving toward each other.
2. Tectonic plates are moving away from each other.
3. Tectonic plates are moving along side each other.
4. Volcanic activity in an area. (Usually due to tectonic plates but not always)

As a side note tectonic movement is due to the currents in the earth's mantle that are caused by the difference in temperature of the core and the crust.

Now I don't know which to believe

Also what the fuck, OP? Plate tectonics is taught in like 6th grade.

Why dont you ask something like what causes polar reversals?

Well there is this one fat whore living in the apartment next to mine

actually, its any sort of underground disruption. Its more frequent around tectonic plates since theyre so large, and this creates faults where earthquakes frequent, like the san andreas fault in california. oil fracking also increases the chances of disturbances and such. tbh I could drill down a bit, let off a bomb, and create a small earthquake

God commands the earth to shake as a form of punishment for infidelity

>what causes polar reversals?
fucking magnets

your fat fuckin fingers have been typing again

when a big daddy and a big mommy love each other very much...

The result of God's wrath against the homosexuals

>Not knowing it's Loki trying to break free.

They travel here from Japan

Assuming you have an understanding of tectonic plate movement and subduction/errosion.

Earthquakes are the result of a build up in pressure at a fault line (area where two different tectonic plates meet). When the plates shift to release the pressure the result is an earthquake.

The pressure build up is a result of subductive forces creating new plate material at subduction zones, this process is fueled by thermal energy from the mantle layer.

Magnets

earth's plate techtonics - which are basically the islands that float above the magma layer of earth, float next to eachother and grind as they pass eachother, causing the earthquakes from the grinding

youtube.com/watch?v=bTokX8VUmOg