This was one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen simply because of Joaquin's performance...

This was one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen simply because of Joaquin's performance. I've never seen an actor so completely different than their selves. I would absolutely love to know how he prepared for this role. He fully justed himself. He still sounds like himself but he looks totally different. Its a pretty amazing performance.

Some of the best acting I've seen and I can appreciate hoe good the movie was in an objective sense, but there was no emotional connection to anything, no one to relate to. You were just watching a series of exchanges between people you don't care about, albeit structured and performed wonderfully.

thats just like, your opinion man

Obviously. Who did you care about?

agreed I thought Juqauin's character was actually relatable, but then again I've been to rehab

Best performance of the decade.

i-i-i-i-if you already know the answer to your question than why ask, PIG FUCK

I can't help but find Freddie endearing. He's a wild animal, clearly has more than a few screws loose, but there's so much pain beneath the surface that you only catch glimpses of.

IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS THEN WHY DO YOU ASK? PIGFUCK.

Joaquin Phoenix probably started drinking twice more turpentine than he usually drinks so he probably drank 12 pints a day in preparation for this role.

same here

I can totally relate to the desperation to just fine something to believe in and go with it

I wonder how he prepared for his role in Inherent Vice.

Maybe he observed mentally challenged people attempting to speak and tried to mimic the way they talk.

I think you can actually relate with both main characters, like who hasn't thought that what makes us human is denying our instinct, or that you can't actually change your true nature and you should just satisfy your instincts, and those 2 visions are what I got from each character

Or he blazed it everyday

I need to rewatch this but I don't want to. It's just too crude.

Maybe but that still doesn't explain why he is completely unintelligible in that movie.

Normal Joaquin + weed = Doc

Why do people need to like people in movies? This is the most common complaint I see plebs have about good movies.

Then what is the equation for Theodore Twombly?

That's just Joaquin's Sup Forums phase

Joaquin Phoenix may be my favorite actor working today