What are some essential slasher flicks? Maybe some more obscure titles? Pic very much related

What are some essential slasher flicks? Maybe some more obscure titles? Pic very much related.

Greatest tweest in horror history

that's not Sleepaway Camp

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Black Christmas
Maniac
Sleepaway Camp
The Burning

Sleepaway Camp has a good tweeest and then capitalized on going camp in the sequels. April Fool's Day and especially Happy Birthday To Me really started the 80's slasher era twist ending.

top 5, April Fools day is literally the #1.

Also to you and to OP, I know it's cliché but if you go into the original Friday the 13th with absolutely no knowledge of it at all, you'll be very impressed, the twist in the OG F13 is fantastic.

also Blood and Black Lace

I actually enjoyed this

all these, all fantastic.
Texas Chainsaw set the bar and is still very suspenseful, Black Christmas has one of the greatest plots in horror history, Maniac is influential as fuck for stylish violence, Sleepaway Camp goes without saying and the boat scene in The Burning is the GOAT

THIS
So glad it's fucking finally getting some recognition, such an intense movie. Have you seen Hush? It's on Netflix and is a good little home invasion flick.

Happy Birthday to Me and Terror Train are somewhat obscure slashers worth a watch if you like the genre.

TCM not only set the bar, it's not particularly graphic or violent, just suggestive.

If you want something so camp it's nauseating check out Dead Tone and Drive Thru

Terror Train - the first time I ever saw titties televised.

>based HBO
>based early 80s general

These two, Curtains, Black Christmas... Canada has produced some slasher classics.

Laid to Rest is pretty silly but fun. Its sequel is even more absurd.

Man, I miss SlasherTV.

Not really a traditional slasher. A classic film, nonetheless.

>modern day Giallo
hnghhhhhhh is this good

Fucking Hellraiser

It plays out like a dream

Yes! And Opera, too.

Well I'll also put down the friday the 13th series and nightmare on elm street if you haven't already seen them.
Some more obscure stuff maybe silent night deadly night (good Christmas film).
Madman (1981) was a pretty good unheard movie. scarecrows (1988) is pretty cool and interesting too.

I love the first two Hellraiser movies. Why are there so many damn shitty sequels?

>DUDE PLOTARMOR LMAO

Alice, Sweet Alice
My Bloody Valentine
Basketcase
Town That Dreaded Sundown
All relatively obscure

Here's a few I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Christmas Evil
Don't Go in the House
New Year's Evil
Skinner
Dr. Giggles
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Pieces
The Driller Killer
The New York Ripper

OP here, thanks so much for the response. Slasher flicks were something I totally missed out on as a kid, and I really dig what I've seen so far. I want to become a sort of expert on the genre.

Good ol' Dr. Giggles.

You are a gay

How did you know?

I didn't see many when I was growing up, but I was always fascinated by their boxes in the video store. When I got into my teens I started catching up. Most slashers aren't great film, but they can be a lot of fun.

Smell.

Absolute pure horror kino

Also check out
Night School (1981)
Evil Dead Trap (1988)
Phenomena (1985)
Halloween IV (1988)

>TTDS
the original, the remake, both?Black Christmas
the original, the remake, both?

>tfw no qt 3.14 bf to watch slashers with

>Alice, Sweet Alice
>Basketcase
Great choices, user. Love both of these. TTTDS is not bad either and really worth a watch for the jarringly bizarre tonal shifts.

Haven't seen the remake of Black Christmas; I meant the original.

>Halloween IV
>not Halloween III
top pleb

Halloween III isn't a slasher though.

Yeah thats true

I like the brutality and insanity of Pieces

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

Amber Heard starts in it

This is one of my favorites that I would recommend.