>claims to have "good musical taste"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqsDLMii8gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Being unable to play an instrument entails not having good musical taste

Prove it.

>posts on Sup Forums
>claims to have "good musical taste"

Half the fun of music is being able to perform it, specially when the piece is complex. People don't go to a music academy to listen to "good albums" or cacophony ridden pretentious rubbish songs all day, they go there to learn the theory and to play an instrument. The thing is, you can surely have a good musical taste if you don't know how to play an instrument, but you will be the same as a person who read a book like Ulysses or War and Peace and don't know half of the words or the metaphors it has.

what the fuck, those sideburns are lit

>Can't even direct movies
>Claims to have "Good movie taste"
Fucking plebs

>Half the fun of music is being able to perform it, specially when the piece is complex.

Prove it.

>People don't go to a music academy to listen to "good albums" or cacophony ridden pretentious rubbish songs all day, they go there to learn the theory and to play an instrument.

This is assuming what you're trying to prove: that learning theory and playing an instrument is a necessity for good taste.

>The thing is, you can surely have a good musical taste if you don't know how to play an instrument, but you will be the same as a person who read a book like Ulysses or War and Peace and don't know half of the words or the metaphors it has.

Prove it.

Ask any person that play an instrument and they'll say I'm right, so I guess that proves it.

Imagine being into Formula 1, but not knowing how to drive a car

I play and I think you're wrong. You don't need to understand a piece to experience it's emotional content.

I used to fuck around with the guitar, and the piano. Wanted to get better but couldn't bare with my parents constant nagging about how I wasn't playing like fucking EVH in two years. I just practiced when I got bored. Thinking about getting another one but it'll never be like the fly deluxe I had.

The emotional content of the piece it's not necessarily what it makes it good.

I'm with you.

That doesn't mean that you can have taste that you brag about.

You're a bargain bin Friendo. If you're going to have a trip to troll people at least do it in a somewhat original manner.

you do realize there are like thousands of compositions and/or pieces that are great and don't even require an instrument to perform, or even CAN'T be performed on an instrument properly, right?

>music without instruments

You mean silence?

please point me in the direction of these, sounds interesting. I have not heard of this before.

>arguing with a tripfag

youtube.com/watch?v=EqsDLMii8gk

one of my favorites

Oh look! A cacophony ridden pretentious rubbish song.

kys

Cosmic Pulses is one of the most beautiful, important and innovative artist works in the history of music and art in general.

just because you don't get it doesn't mean its rubbish

>muh real instruments

literally fuck off to the early 1900s nerd

u right my nikka

top kek

>bleep blops

What's wrong with cacophony

>b-b-but I don't like 20th century classical! Waaaah!

I had a music theory teacher who didn't like 20th century classical music, but unlike you, he was a bitch about it