A reminder that even if Ronaldo wins the Euro, it won't enhance his legacy in any way

A reminder that even if Ronaldo wins the Euro, it won't enhance his legacy in any way.

Look at Platini, won every trophy at club level, scored 312 goals in 580 games as an attacking midfielder, 3x ballon d'or winner and absolutely dominated a European Championships, scoring 9 goals and winning the trophy with a MOTM performance in the final. Yet, he's rated behind Zidane as France's greatest ever player simply because of no WC.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkzREDD5DY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>stealing millions from FIFA

the fact that he won 3 ballon d'ors and no one but hipsters give a fuck about him says it all.

Platini ruined his reputation after his playing career so many don't rate him that highly because they don't like him.

kek

or maybe he's rated behind zidane because, let me guess, Zidane is the greatest footballer ever?

i don't think so

0 international cups you don't get to talk johann

>headgear canine.jpg

Maradona ruined the way we judge players. Have to win a WC "on your own" not to be great.

if Balon hadn't been euro players only back then he woulda won zero.

Maradona would've gotten like 7-8 in a row.

Balon d'Or pre-1995 are a fucking joke.

Igor Belanov won in 1986, litreally fucking who?

Cannavaro winning the ballon d'or turned this trophy into complete farce

And Owen winning didn't?

FIFA taking over and turning the award into a glorified golden boot contest made it a farce

Thanks for the laugh mate

this

Cannavaro single handedly carried his fucking team to a WC as the driver of that bus Italy parked the whole tournament.

His performances were out of this world as a defender, he was prolly on coke the whole time desu.

Better than Penaldo and Chokessi taking turns these days because they get to stat-pad all year round against Rayo Vallecano and Osasuna.

>paying millions to FIFA to get assraped

Farce? A farce is when defenders and midfielders don't win ballon' d'or more often, because "muh goals".
Xavi and Iniesta should've won one ballon d'or each.

You're l8 for your jsa sign on.

Still salty Pierre?

can we stop this

>Romario carried Brazil in 94
>Zidade carried France in 98
>Ronaldo carried Brazil in 02
>Cannavaro carried Italy in 06, etc

>>Ronaldo carried Brazil in 02
This is false. That teams was amazing. They managed themselves. Only people who didn't watched the 02 WC say that.

To be honest Platini arrived at Mexico 86 as the biggest star in the world that was going to crown himself in that WC.

Maradona did what he did and outshined Platini

Joao Havelange, is that (You)?

he 'carried' them the same way the others did, as in he was the main factor in their win and they wouldn't have got anywhere without him.

Zidane is the odd one out in that list because he didn't do shit in 98 apart from his 2 goals in the final.

nah Cannavaro was god mode but he didn't single handedly carry anyone
Buffon was out of this world, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso, even Materazzi and Grosso performed like they never had before
it was the definition of a team effort

that said, saying Cannavaro didn't deserve the Ballon d'Or just because he's a defender is reatrded
maybe Buffon deserved it a tad more

I still can't believe how they managed to stop the mighty attacks of Australia and Ukraine.

Same way they did stopping Germany and France

>Yet, he's rated behind Zidane as France's greatest ever player simply because of no WC.

But he's not

Yes he is

Average fan now only knows Platini from the FIFA scandal and got fooled by Zidanes YouTube highlights into thinking he's the greatest

If Zidane had won with France in 06 he would be remembered as a GOAT desu

underrated

Headbutt helped his legacy even more so people can say they would have won if he was there for penalties

You mean the average american customer?

Because in europe we know Platini scored 9 goals in 1984 and won 3 ballon d'or.

>he didn't do shit in 98 apart from his 2 goals in the final

Better than scoring a ton of goals against Eibar or Gijon, then disappearing in big games with your national team & losing 3 finals in a row.

That's funny because I was going back and forth on here with some frogs when I said he wasn't a top 10 player

tbf Shevchenko alone was more threatening than the entirety of the french offense

Poor Raúl

Amazing defense on this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkzREDD5DY

Zidane carried hard in 2006

Sadly he chimped out and the Shitalians won it

G I G I
O
A
T

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT SAVE

Zidane or not it would not have changed the result. He only missed 10 minutes of italian bus parking and letting Trezeguet taking the penalty against his Juve teammate, Buffon, was a bad idea.

cannavaro was marking trezeguet though
well baggio carried italy in 1994 and we know hat that ended

Ronaldinho was better in that WC

In 2002? Haha fuck off. It was the Ronaldo & Rivaldo show. The only game he out-shined them in was vs. England.

Ronaldo is already arguably the best Portuguese player of all time. Winning this Euro will cement that status, as he will be part of the first Portuguese team to win a major honour