bjork is the new bjork

good disguise thread btw, everybody post borks

Rude, my mother isn't into coons

then your sister fucked by me

Exactly, coons are into her

>no evidence

bump

Grimes

I don't get the 'who is the new ______' posts, isn't one Bjork good enough?

Julia Holter isn't just the next Bjork, she's surpassed her a million times over.

/thread

There is none.

You ask and you receive: FKA

Holly Herndon
Karin of Fever Ray/the knife
I guess

yeah fka maybe

>Sugarcubes era Bjork will never give you a footjob

FUCK

Grimes

nah

>you will never fuck bjorks prime footpussy

TSUJ

she's probably my favorite asian-american artist

>unconventional looks
>krazee fashion
>experimental electro pop music
the parallels truly are endless

grimes is just some try hard edge lord rich kid
yeah i guess i see why moo loves her now nm

Emily Wells is the latest wannabe but there is no new bork

Animal Collective

Grimes comes from a poverty stricken family, though, like she had to leave college because of her poverty and ended up living in the Mississippi River (after illegally crossing the border) selling chickens and sharing a boat with some bum.

Those parallels could describe almost any female pop artists.

Bjork, Grimes, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, etc.

>people dissing Bjork's fashion sense

I hate Grimes but she pretty much is the Björk of the 2010s

I vote Grimes

everytime i think about bjork i get sad because i realize ill never have someone like her in my life

how can you even try to place bjork in the same category as gaga, madonna, katy perry and miley cyrus? only pre-art angels grimes is an understandable comparison.
bjork has done some pretty out there stuff which is why she has never become a celebrity and never had an actual hit. even at her poppiest, she was still far more ambitious than the other pop stars you just mentioned, who are all under contractual obligation to release radio-friendly music.

>stealth Grimes thread
Fuck off

Grimes isn't even comparable you idiots. name one grimes track that even compares to any of bjorks.

Sup Forums loves grimes

legit guys

Except that Bjork and Grimes have complete control over their music, they're genuine artists AND they're hugely acclaimed. You can't say the same thing about Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, etc.

This guy speaks the truth.

Common things between Grimes & Bjork:
>weird voices
>quirky, playful personalities
>strange fashion sense
>interesting live shows
>acclaimed electronic music
>dedicated fanbase
>obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Bjork has S/T album from 1977)
>eclectic music taste.

Actually, Grimes comes from a fairly middle class family. But while she studied in Montreal she lived on her own in quite shitty conditions. As for the Mississippi River story:
>Nothing you’ve read about that story online is true. There was no Huck Finn crap: I was trying to live on a boat because I was interested in alternative ways of living, and I didn’t like paying rent. It’s legal to live on a boat as long as you use an anchor and aren’t tied to shore. I had a full boating license, the boat was insured and licensed, my friend was a mechanic, and everything was in full working condition. The police attacked us at five in the morning, smashed the windows and told us they didn’t give a shit about our safety. They were just going to fuck us over because they “Didn’t like the way we looked.” So no, I was not planning to sail to New Orleans, because I’m not an idiot. I’ve been operating heavy machinery, including boats, since I was five years old.
thedailyswarm.com/swarm/firsts-grimes/

old Bjork is still new

>bjork has done some pretty out there stuff which is why she has never become a celebrity and never had an actual hit. even at her poppiest, she was still far more ambitious than the other pop stars you just mentioned, who are
>she has never become a celebrity and never had an actual hit
False. Compare Bjork's hits and sales with Grimes and see who is more mainstream:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjork_discography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_discography

St. Vincent

they're much more similar than Grimes and Björk are

>But while she studied in Montreal she lived on her own in quite shitty condition

ya mile end/plateau hipster have it so hard fun fact montreal has the cheapest

That makes you think.

Cant dishonor the Gudmondsdottir

But Annie is more like David Bowie or PJ Harvey IMO.

how dare you compare cold sterile bitch to the Icelandic cutie beauty? stop

I think she wanted to suffer for her art or something like that. She was quite self-destructive for some years before Visions (mainly forgetting to eat, consuming drugs and sleeping very little). Who knows what was in her mind then...

>experimental pop music
>Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus

basically like almost every other artist chick who lives in the neighborhood

basically bjork 2

Are you guys gay or something

>projecting

So, what that even means? When you saw "Who is the new Bjork" you immediately thought about Grimes. And you hate yourself for thinking that. The joke's on you, pal.

i hope she dies soon

Why would you wish something like that to Bjork? Are you insane?

You're under denial if you think the likes of Grimes and St. Vincent are miles above Lady Gaga, for example, just because of their alternative label.

i wish that crazy beaner saw her wear this

hello bjork

Why do people treat this sudointellectual like he's the second coming of Christ?

FKA Twigs

implying christ wasnt sodaintellectual

(You) better prove your claims.

Holy fuck that spelling.

sss s sudio

how am I supposed to prove that?

Just listen to their music without your pretentious Pitchfork glasses.

youtube.com/watch?v=OsCfufAp2tM
youtube.com/watch?v=QfLDSUP1glY
youtube.com/watch?v=zHW5RVvg2v4
youtube.com/watch?v=JuxocmXb-ss

All songs are enjoyable on pretty much the same level to me (except I don't really like Grimes).

why aren't you guys posting bjork :(

Grimes is poor man's Bjork in every way.

>picking Grimes most pop song by far to prove your point
>picking one of St. Vincent's most pop songs to prove your point
Talking about bias. How about these ones:
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7uTAk58YJXI

Which are the similar Madonna and Gaga songs to these ones?

>artist of the decade
>poor man's Bjork in every way

Ronnie James Dio

She is boring, autistic, retard.
Now get some standards and delete your 500 gig folder of that Gremlin face.

>She is boring,
(You)
>autistic, retard.
(You) again. Now fuck off.

Of course I love The Strangers.

But every time these so called "alternative artists" try to tackle catchy dance pop music, they aren't placed on a magical pedestal that separates them from mainstream artists and that denies any form of comparison.

Gaga can be better than Actor out of work.

Hello, I'm the new Bjork - deal with it

WOW THAT (YOU) MEME IS SO GOOD AND FUNNY! :D

Aurora.

I've been trying to include more women into my listening rotation, who should i add (excluding most mentioned in this thread)

>But every time these so called "alternative artists" try to tackle catchy dance pop music, they aren't placed on a magical pedestal that separates them from mainstream artists and that denies any form of comparison.
There's a difference between art pop (St. Vincent, Bjork, Grimes, Joanna Newsom, Kate Bush) and mainstream pop (Gaga, Beyonce, LDR, Madonna, Rihanna). Nobody stops you from comparing them, but just because they're female artists that do songs with verses and choruses, it doesn't mean they're on the same quality level.
>Gaga can be better than Actor out of work.
That's unpopular. IMO she can't.

Bat For Lashes, Emily Haines, Lisa Germano, Tegan and Sara, Enya, Suzanne Vega, Sandy Denny, Debbie Harry, Shirley Manson, Karen O

Liz Phair
Courtney Barnett
EMA
Fiona Apple
Joni Mitchell
Kate Bush
PJ Harvey

Cheers! I've heard OF a few of these, but never listened. Thanks again

Is CB really that good though? Seems like she's just talking thru most of her songs...

Wow, she's way hotter now!

nothing she can't do

wow, what a chauvinist, you disgust me

You're welcome. More: Angel Olsen, Alice Glass, Alison Mosshart, Alison Goldfrapp, Anneke van Giersbergen, Caroline Polachek, Cat Power, Dolores O'Riordan, Helen Marnie, Ellie Rowsell, Hayley Williams, Jenny Lewis, Hope Sandoval, Juanita Stein, Karin Dreijer, Jonna Lee, Kazu Makino, M.I.A., Lorde, Marina Diamandis, Maja Ivarsson, Miho Hatori, Nina Persson, Rachel Goswell, Santigold, Sarah Barthel, Sharon den Adel, Siouxsie Sioux, Trish Keenan, Zola Jesus.

Eh, I've mainly listened to hip-hop, which doesn't exactly have a lot of women.
Holy shit, cheers! I totally forgot about Cat Power, who I've enjoyed immensely in the past! Thanks!

yes she is she's a queen

Those "self destructive" properties don't really sound all that bad, say that's standard for young people nowadays