So my micro sd for my phone is fucked Sup Forums. countless files lost...

so my micro sd for my phone is fucked Sup Forums. countless files lost. cheer me up or help me out with the problem if you're that nice.

Mine got fucked up too, and i lost tons of important pictures etc too. Just suddenly stopped working, just like that. Ordered the highest rating, best one from amazon that i could find. I told friends, this is one of the reasons i bought this phone, LOOK AT ALL DIS GB FOR THIS PRICE. I excitedly moved my stuff to the card so my phone wasn't struggling always full and unable to cache anything. Piece of shit dies and i lose everything, still have it here like you in hopes i can recover something but unsure how. So.. bump 4 you

yeah i was organizing pics into albums onto the card which i've had for a long time and it just corrupted. fucking chkdsk told me raw data, fixed that got back very few files, then ran chkdsk again. another error. next time i ran chkdsk, same raw data but now the raw data can't be fixed and i can't format. so im like totally fucking stuck. im so irritated that i can't even try and work on it anymore lmao.

I won't ever trust one again. I'm guessing it won't work but how did you do it? Do i just put the shitcard back into my phone, plug it into my pc and go to the card from windows explorer and right click it to find an option? or what command do i run chkdsk with?

well, if it's just corrupted, it needs to be put into the comp via an adapter. so like, if your laptop or something has an sd card slot on it, that'd work or any kind of adapter. then once put into the comp, it'll ask for a format, obviously don't do it if you want your files. find what drive it is (e.g. d:) then in command prompt type "chkdsk d: /f" and it should fix any corruption if it doesn't fuck up. course mine did. And if you need a raw data fix, look up test disk or something like that. they got a tutorial and shit im pretty sure.

Okay thank you, i will try this. I hope you and I eventually recover something, good luck!

google recuva if you think your shit is deleted. If windows won't see it, try linux or ubuntu. Don't know if spin rite works on failed sd cards but might help.

this application will recover files even from a corrupted drive?

it will recover deleted files after an accidental format or if you just "delete" them and don't keep using the card putting new shit on it,..it's a free app and works great on computers, if it recognizes it, it should work...give it a shot

i will keep it, but in my case right now, it can't do shit for me. damn sd can't/won't even format. but thank you very much, this seems very nice.

Hmm could be worth a try, it's from piriform. And includes this blurb on the site

"Recovery from damaged disks
Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives. Greater flexibility means greater chance of recovery."

thanks for checking it out

if you're using windows and can't get something to recognize, well, fk windows...try to get on a linux or ubuntu live cd or live usb and see if you can get up in that card that way...once again, linux and ubuntu are free, just take a little bit of time to download and then a little time for it to fully boot up...

that would mean the computer would be running linux/ubuntu instead of windows, yeah?

i'll just use ubuntu as the example, u go to ubuntu website (google it) you look around the ez to navigate site and it gives you full instructions about how to download and burn or put on usb stick....once it's all finished, you turn your computer off and hit F something to change your boot options and boot from the usb or the cd, which will then have you running ubunutu instead of the windows OS on the hard drive..

I'm not going to say that linux/ubuntu can do everything, but they definitely can do some things that windows doesn't do sometimes. Plus, if your computer's hard drive ever messes up, instead of having to rush out to buy a new hard drive, the computer will be fully functional with the cd/usb of ubuntu/linux...

im just not that excited to change my whole computer's os. that's what I'm getting from all this...

nah man, it's not permanent, it's just being ran off the cd or usb until you turn the computer off...take the cd or usb out and windows boots up like normal...if you use ubuntu, (and successfully download and put it on the usb or cd correctly) it boots up...takes a lil while, will pop up a screen "try" or "install"..don't panic, lol...click "TRY"...then it does a lil more junk...it's only "installing" it to your RAM memory...once it's all done loading, you can try and navigate to your SD card and see what you can do

alright i'll give it a go. another error i keep getting is to make sure it's not read only. I'm almost positive it isn't, but just to make sure, how would i check?

I wouldn't send you on a wild goose chase if I hadn't personally been able to "see" stuff on hard drives that windows otherwise wouldn't let me navigate so well.

pretty sure there is a tiny sliding lock switch on the bigger SD card adapter...you can slide it to lock or back the other way (try both) and see if anything happens...I'm pretty sure if it's slid to lock tho, that keeps it from being over written

considering the picture you posted, I'll assume you have a turntable

then cheer up!

a simple software failure can't destroy vinyl!

at least your music is safe

I only wish I had a turntable. But, my music is safe thankfully.
I'll try this here real quick.

and I am only just realizing that the switch method wouldn't work considering I'm using a small, notebook laptop with a straight up micro sd port and am just using the microSD itself without the adapter because it won't fit anywhere else.

its not that expensive to get into

and with the late influx of hipsters jumping on the vinyl train, you can make nice deals if you're clever

very true.
I can certainly try lol.

Doesn't anyone back shit up anymore?
No sympathy, you lazy faggot.

lolk

thanks for all the help to those who did. I'm gonna hit the hay now and try again later with ubuntu or something.