Now that the dust has settled, what is your opinion on this movie with all memes and quips aside?

Now that the dust has settled, what is your opinion on this movie with all memes and quips aside?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDMJpsDNg28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's an okay movie, a bit long in parts, and not enough action for what's supposed to be an action comedy.

Legitimately funny but the story sucked balls

It entertained me. I have no desire to see it again and didn't find it particularly memorable. But at least it tried to have personality and be unique.

>people reply to the Sup Forums tier threads

There weren't even any memes and like 5 quips.

Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour

>Thinks Sup Forums and Sup Forums aren't one and the same

>tfw no negasonic teenage warhead gf

Fun and funny, a nice break from the "family fun" cape-movies (avengers) and the grimdark ones. And I hate meme deadpool, but this was well-executed.

It felt like the end of the movie was the middle of the movie.

Everything felt like it was cut too short, with no scene really having a proper ending and transition sans a handful. That said, I waited about 13 years to see that chick from Firefly's tits, so I was happy.

I would have probably enjoyed it a whole lot more if I understood all the inside jokes that only comic book readers would get.

But then I probably would have killed myself a long time ago.

>with all memes and quips aside
the whole movie is meme and quips

It was a little more lel random than I expected, but it was pretty funny at times.
I didn't feel like I wasted my time.

I was most surprised about how many Marvel things they put in.
Like, X-men mansion, straight up from the other franchise.
And a helicarrier from the MCU stuff.

I would have figured they'd have pussyfooted around the different continuities

It was refreshing, in a way. It felt like this was exactly the movie they wanted to make. I know the budget forced some changes, but in terms of characterization, storytelling, style, etc., this was the movie as they wanted it. It didn't feel like a focus-grouped parade of safe bets like a lot of these movies.

That said, the results were good, but not outstanding. I didn't laugh at a lot of the jokes, but there were some genuinely clever ones in there. I enjoyed it.

But I'd rather see ten movies like this than BvS or Civil War. Let the filmmakers and actors create the movies they want to make, and let them succeed or fail on their merit; don't just just feed me Predictable Formula: the Movie every time.

>That said, I waited about 13 years to see that chick from Firefly's tits, so I was happy.
She's done nudes before, bro.
There's lot more out there

FUCKING THIS

It technically was, there was an entire third act cut from the movie where they went guns blazing into a penthouse

Fox cut the budget last minute to prep for the inevitable bomb

>all memes and quips aside
so no movie then

I disagree. It had lots of great action altho the constant quips was getting agitating

Son of a fucking bitch, are you kidding me?

The x men mansion was one of my fav parts. I so hope to se Wolverine in the sequel

>Hinders the film in the most damaging way possible

>Makes twelve times its budget

I hope they get a lot of fucking shit.

Dw Affleck will have full control over his batman movie so it shall be a hit

HEY YOU!...YEAH, YOU user...WHAT UP? LOL

SHIT BALLS! HAHA

it was enjoyable. i have no idea why they keep putting gina carino in movies, she has less than zero personality and doesn't even try to put effort into into anything she does.

forgetable

I had a ball. It was delightful.

It was fun

Not really.

The opening car chase, the x men mansion, the sex montage, the metal guy and tween girl are all memorable.

Very poor tonal shift

>start at goofy quipy R rated fun
>middle is grueling torture scene after torture scene
>end is goofy quipy R rated fun

It's just another capeshit movie except for the profanity and meta

Would love to see a fanedit with no quips.

Someone on le reddit did make a PG 13 fanedit

It sounds like he's putting pressure on WB to make them stop fucking up. Making him director of Batman and making him EP on Justice League is the start.

He probably has realized he's a better producer than these schmucks and has to just do it himself.

Surprisingly close to Batman's own motivations.

>Let the filmmakers and actors create the movies they want to make, and let them succeed or fail on their merit; don't just just feed me Predictable Formula: the Movie every time.

$20 million dollars? why do you need $5 dollars, you already have and camera phone and homeless people, now go out there and make me a movie i can use to launder drug, human trafficking and smuggled diamond money with.

I know ironic isnt it? Affleck is living the Bruce Wayne life.

>"Count the negative reviews Alfred. If there is even a 1% chance the next movies will bomb... we have to stop Snyder".
Kek

Oscar Winner next year. All categories, ALL the Oscars.

I genuinely liked it.

>Best original screenplay AND best adapted screenplay

Aww yeah

The movie was entertaining, but Deadpool is such an annoying fucking character. I'm glad they had flashbacks when he was somewhat normal because if the movie was 100% deadpool I would walk out on it.

I liked colossus. Especially that little speech he gave at the end of the movie.

I laughed my ass off when he was first introduced, this huge metal dude carefully holding this itty-bitty (normal-sized) spoon as he tried to eat cereal from a tiny (normal-sized) bowl.

Then I laughed again when he went on his spiel about breakfast being "Most important meal of the day!" and forcing cereal bars on the teenager. Writing hit that SO well, both the characterization of a classic Colossus and how teens just plain don't eat breakfast anymore.

Colossus was the PERFECT straight-man to Deadpool. And he wasn't even real.

It was legit funny. It became old quickly, though. Then I realized I was watching a capeshit and the last 45 minutes were painful af.

Funny film.

Good movie + amazing costumes.

>comedy
Pure genius for it's time and context. Literally as good as one can get
>all the rest
Meh

I enjoyed it, I'll watch future Deadpool movies.

Sort of a bold statement, more than a truly great movie, in today's Hollywood where every blockbuster movie seems to be PG-13 to get the most viewers, and every superhero movie seems to have to follow this blockbuster rubric, that this movie got made, was actually really refreshing and entertaining, and made a lot of money.

Hopefully the door it opens will be a good one. I'd love to see a different side of superheroes and comic books shown, but I'd hate it if somehow, some other franchise gets cynically pushed into the the Deadpool mold when it doesn't fit, just because execs think it sells.

With all memes and quips aside there is no movie left to have an opinion about.

youtube.com/watch?v=HDMJpsDNg28

Works as a comedy and has more depth than Civil War.

My only complaint is that they gave half of Deadpool jokes to non-Deadpool characters like his gf or his friend in the bar, which hinders his uniqueness as a character in his own movie.

Overall it was better than I expected, considering I mostly don't like Deadpool in comics.

>like 5 quips
Deadpool quipped non stop.

>teens just plain don't eat breakfast anymore.
Whatever happened to breakfast?

pretty good but they really twisted things around just to get it all to fit a movie

breakfast? its for dinner

It wasn't fun

One of few movies in which i fell asleep.

It was alright. Funny but sometimes dull.

It's definitely overrated but still better than a lot of the capeshit we have had to put up with.

It's a good and a welcome unique capeshit movie in a sea of bland capeshit.

It's not nearly perfect, but it's good.

No shit, the story is literally just a device to tell jokes.

>altho the constant quips was getting agitating
That's literally Deadpool's character though.

i liked the bit when he referenced heavens gate, mainly because i was the only person in the cinema who got it

made for a elitist kek, 7/10

I quite liked it, one of the best movies this year