Best Cheap Headphones

I've been thinking about getting the AKG K240's, but is there something better for a similar price?

Sennheiser Orpheus is pretty close if you have the money of an oil tycoon.

Just bought the audio technica m40x and i'm really enjoying them.

I love my AKGs

Those are great headphones, but I recommend you try to find a pair of HD 598's or HD 558's used.

I own m50's
My uni has those AKG's to use and I prefer the m50's

This
My 558s are fucking great

What are my options for even cheaper shit?

Superlux

are sennheiser HD 380s good?

cool thanks

Sorry to hijack thread, but...

£100, closed headphones, comfy.

What are my options lads?

AKG is the best!

mdr v6 master race

Audio Technica ATH-M40x, probably.

Are the m40s better than the m50s?

they are more neutral, the m50s have a mean bass but it colors everything.

Koss PortaPros are great.

NVX XPt100 or Brainwavz Hm5

Whichever is cheaper, they are the same headphone.

K240 is extremely comfortable, but not the best sounding. So it depends on whether that's a tradeoff you want to make.

If I cave and buy the m70x, am I wasting my money?
How are they objectively better than the m50x?
Are there better custom ear visions, preferably soft or velvet?
What are some even better monitors?

the status cb-1's are pretty cheep and are pretty good in terms of sound quality and fit as well (i don't have them yet but i saw a review of them)

these panasonic over the ear headphones are really good for the price honestly. just google that and youll find them

They don't really have the same sound as the 50s, from what I hear.

Sennheiser HD 202

Are there any headphones that dont completely cover the ear canal? I need some that can maintain a strong air flow into my ear even if it sacrifices blocking outside noise.

Koss ksc 75

So the Harman/Kardon SOHOa are on sale for $35. Worth it?

i've had a really great run with my audio technica m40x, its probably the best headphone i've had for around 100 bucks (78 right now on amazon)

DON'T FALL FOR THE M50X MEME, one of my biggest purchase regrets

compared to the m40x its so fucking boring; It's still a great headphone but its definitely not made for "pleasure listen". The m50x was made for music production, since m50x will really pick up any production mistakes if you have a decent amp to power it.

Just go for Audio Technica M40X, i promise you won't regret it.

Ditch both and get the MSR7

I had some AKG240s and thought they were amazing, then the foam got all shitty on them so I just bought some Sony mdr v6s because I was lazy, the MDRV6s sound so much better than the AKGs

>Koss ksc 75
I dunno those look like pretty standard headphones?

I was thinking of something like the big over the ear kind where the speaker is not directly on the ear but specifically designed to maintain air flow. Like it would have spaces cut out of it and stuff like on the padding or the outer shell.

While we're on the topic what's a decent fairly cheap sound card? I think my ASRock mobo's integrated shit is not very good.

I liked them, but they're pretty low end heavy if you're into that kind of thing. And they're a bit uncomfortable for long listening sessions. But they're very portable, have great isolation, and they shouldn't need amping although they do benefit from it.

How are Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's?

>As good as the 50x
>Doesn't look like barebones machinery
I think you sold me, sir

Beyerdynamic DT770's are the sleeper pick for best budget headphones. Almost neutral w/ a tiny bit of extra bass, closed back but good soundstage. Most of all comfy as fuccckkk these earcups are heavenly. I've run the gambit with the other contenders (M50x, MDR-V6, Creative Aurvana Live)

Listening to an album on them as we speak. They are very nice for the price

32/80/250?

I got a pair of Sennheiser's and my favorite is my Sony MDR-XB500. They are so fucking comfortable. I've never had pads like this on a pair of headphones. They sound great, especially once they are broken in.

maybe next time buy some beats while youre at it?

I like Grado

FiiO E10K Olympus

80ohm my b

They are great if you use them with an amp without one they sounds good but not even close to their full potential.

tascam th-02s
they're really good for the price

Depends on your price range. The AKG's are a pretty decent pair, but I highly recommend Sony MDR-V6's if you're willing to shell out around $80.