What does Sup Forums think of Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm not a DC or a Marvel cuck, but I really loved this movie, probably my favorite movie of 2014.

Ignoring all the capeshit movie, I hardly think this qualifies as a capeshit, what does Sup Forums think of GotG?

>Dave Autista

lmao

literally
reddit

the movie

>I hardly think this qualifies as a capeshit

well you're a retard and should kill yourself

movie was okay

At least it's not Sup Forums the movie

It's not capeshit, it's just a wierd-ass sci-fi movie. It's got flaws, a few cringey lines, a bit too much exposition, but it's fun.

one of only two good MCU movies

Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant-Man are the only good Marvel films.

How is it capeshit?

It's a space adventure movie. Just because it is based on marvel doesn't make it a capeshit. The franchise might become more capeshitty once they start crossovers with Avengers, but the first movie isn't capeshit.

But that movie is amazing.

I wouldn't go THAT far, but I think it's a Marvel movie that non-Marvel and non-capeshit fans can enjoy.

It was great. Felt fresh. Better than TFA

But Deadpool isn't in the OP

>no capes
>minimal superpowers
>no tropes of responsibility, justice
>one tiny origin bit, cant even be called a story
>no secret identities
>minimal internal conflicts
>new york city makes 0 appearances

its a scifi adventure film

MCU.

Capeshit.

Learn to love it

>probably my favorite movie of 2014
If this is true, you are either a pleb or don't watch enough movies. Which is it?

Probably why I liked it. Hate most Marvel films. Enjoyed this and Ant-Man.

MCU.

Capeshit.

Exactly, I think people have a hard time getting the idea through their head that just because it has a marvel logo on it doesn't make the movie capeshit.

It's a space adventure.

However I do see GotG potentially becoming capeshit in space once the crossover with Avengers happens. I'd prefer GotG a standalone franchise, no crossovers with Earth.

Ant-man had it's problems and wasn't nearly as good as GotG, but it has something in common with GotG.

Ant-man is more of a heist movie with slight Capeshit themes.

GotG is a space adventure movie

See You are a simpleton

Eh, it was okay. I thought the enemy would be tougher. I honestly just went for the music.

It's definitely capeshit though, as it comes from comic books.

Well, I'll expand on why it's capeshit

>he has a secret past
>it ties in with other capeshit movies
>basically has superpowers or something. Remember: Batman is capeshit too, even though his power is technology and money
>fighting a supervillain basically
>quips
>based off a comic book (this alone isn't enough but with others, yes)
>basically has sidekicks or super allies
and so on.

Conflicting

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in GotG or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

It's the only capeshit movie I remember enjoying in the last 4 or 5 years/

Anyone who says shit like
>le reddit meme
is a fucking idiot.

It's a sci fi with capes and a great director. 7/10.

Better than all the other marvel shit, at the very least.

This is the only good MCU film period.

Ant-Man is tolerable but not good.

Biggest idiot on Sup Forums

>Biggest idiot on Sup Forums

Don't get yourself down, I think you are being too rough on yourself. you aren't quite the biggest idiot on Sup Forums.

Holy shit can you please grow up. you're a fucking simpleton if you think this film was good

It's literally the same fuck awful forumla as marvel's capeshit films

origin stories are always best coz after that they have to get together and fight each other which is always shit and boring

I don't really like capeshit but this one was Sci Fi enough to trigger my star trek instincts

Mother is dying- extends hand to son- Son blows her off like a little bitch=
I don't give a damn about the lead or the film.
Garbage movie.

Don't bother asking Sup Forums about movies. It's the most contrarian board. Anything accepted as good by most people is plebian garbage, while BvS is actual art.

Created best meme.

DANCE OFF BRO

Deadpool is more like Sup Forums the movie.

Deadpool is Reddit's official mascot. Go on their front page and have a look, it's pretty sad.