Clipping makes a space rap record no one gives a shit

clipping makes a space rap record no one gives a shit

Danny Brown makes an "experimental" hip hop record and everyone loses their shit

clipping > Danny Brown

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIZGzNdxeLE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally how can I be expected to give them another chance after that who's fucking tonight song? You don't just come back from that shit.

sorry OP theyre both kind of bad in a way. i like XXX from danny but atrocity exhibition was a real let down and clipping has struggled to put out a release that wasnt full of filler and underdeveloped songwriting
even their EPs are hard to sludge through

so whats your hhaoty

>tfw I'm the only man on the planet that likes tonight

After that pathetic Trump diss and Trump winning I can't help but laugh at their music ever since.

i didn't even realize people hated that song until now, i thought it was really fun.

im a pussy, would probably be telefone for me

literally dream theater

not user but summertime'06

came out in 2015

oh I havent even heard it. starting now

oh really? now I'm interested

the album isn't that great.. that's why nobody gives a shit

Their 2016 output is easily their best to date and it's not even close.

Atrocity Exhibition is still better. Better written songs, more diverse beats, more cohesive sequencing, it's better than Splendor & Misery in pretty much every way.

Logic made a space rap album last year. Not too exciting

>Better written songs
how so?

>more diverse beats
not really

>more cohesive sequencing
probably, but i don't think it actually matters considering the concept of S&M

new clipping is so fucking BORING that's why

the same thing I think of AE

But Splendor and Misery paints a clear narritive where Atrocity gives tracks with similar themes. And i wasnt implying that Atrocity was bad i honestly live that album but when its dubbed the first post hip hop album its pretty dumb

>its dubbed the first post hip hop album
he basically made a meme out of his own album
there's nothing "post" about this thing

>Implying Danny Brown and Hamilton's non-union Puerto Rican equivalent actually made their albums
>Implying both albums weren't largely produced/written by white guys like all rap

>clipping
>good

Haha holy shit

Honestly I really like clipping but really thats a good point you make, i'm convinced

story from midcity and taking off from clppng are remarkable songs, but everything is pretty meh

*tips tinfoil hat*

>literally two good songs, one of them is gospel

lots of filler, not enough composition
The EP released this year was way better

clipping has been shit since after CLPPNG

danny brown is on a role. OP's a contrarian faggot that needs to disagree with everyone to feel validated but how can you listen to atrocity exhibition and not notice the effort and interesting sounds/ideas touched on. The actual rapping is a large component of the work, too, and it's not drowned out by instrumental, or made to seem less important than the instrumentals. Good rapping. Good beats. Solid shit. Solid album.

Splendor & Misery is weak.

>interesting sounds/ideas touched on
the project has 7 songs by the same producer and is flat from a mixing perspective, all the dynamics sound the same on every song. theres lots of people who dont like AE but were/are danny brown fans.

you sound like a sensitive faggot who needs everyone to agree with their opinion to feel validated

sorry, TEN songs by the same fucking producer. on a 15 song tracklist. the chemistry isn't compelling enough to want to hear that collaboration over and over and over

don't be ashamed user that's a great album

Splendor & Misery is more ambitious and grandiose but fails in execution (not entirely)

Atrocity is more accessible but they nailed the execution which is what matters in the end.

first time hearing it and it was ok but I'm not sure how much rapping there was

I'm still a big champion of this although I'm not necessarily asserting aoty of which I havent made up my mind if I ever will
youtube.com/watch?v=GIZGzNdxeLE

everyone was talking about this album when it came out.

its a short tape so maybe listen to it again. but even just because her rapping is soft and monotone doesn't mean she isnt rapping. iirc she doesnt sing at all on the album, even if she gets close to a sing-song flow sometimes

cant say i get really get on any of snoop's projects lately, i dont think hes done anything to reinvent himself so its hard to stay interested when he was doing similar things (and arguably better) on his earlier stuff

wrong.

midcity was great, then everything else was garbage with some exceptions.

danny brown is the greatest rapper ever.

>SHE
>WILL
>NOT
>LOSE

who the hell gives a shit that it's "space rap"?
this

Looking at it as someone who liked Atrocity Exhibition I'm all aboard for hearing more stuff like Golddust/Aint It Funny/Dance In The Water any claims of experimental-ness aside.

i didn't bother with it because CLPPNG. was a legit bad album

and i thought midcity wasn't that great either and that's supposed to be the good one

danny brown's new one was experimental but it was foremost an enjoyable listen

>clipping
more 21 pilots garbage

I think it's absolutely great. Everything else clipping has put out is garbage though.
Atrocity Exhibition was really good too, seeing Danny live made me appreciate it even more.

The first "post-hip hop" album (should such a thing exist) is clouddead

what

>allowing a single song that was clearly forced by Sub Pop determine the worth of an entire artist

What a cancerous mindset. You should feel ashamed
Agreed

... I think you are confused, friend. Have you even listened to Clipping?

I tried to give it a listen but his voice is unpleasant to my ears. The beats are too abstract for my liking. I made it to "True Believer" and had to turn that shit off.