Sup Forums opinion on cannabis and depression

Sup Forums opinion on cannabis and depression.
Also general stoner thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3055515/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i use cannabis to treat my depression and it works amazingly

yes

OP here, i've been using weed for about a year now, and not once have i been close to feeling depressed, it somehow snapped me out of that state and back into being a human with motivation and goals.

Weed doesn't treat depression, it just distracts people from it. You need to deal with your shit and stop smoking.

Made me tired and apathetic, fucks with school too if you're in STEM

Weeds are for autistic degenerates.

Do what you gotta do homie. The global legalization is only a few years away now. Pretty soon everyone will be doing it. Hell you can find a youtube series where elderly citizens and even police officers smoke weed for the first time.

It's socially acceptable now. I expect it will continue to be very illegal to operate cars and large machinery while high though.

We gotta start growing it ourselves though. The man fucks up everything.

it helps in moderation but but smoking and being high all day isn't curing your depression it's just putting it on hold and distracting you from it

this

i smoke but not everyday. i stop for like a month to build tolerance back up. i wouldn't say weed cures anything like real depression, just numbs it like booze would.

Treats it pretty well for me dawg.

Used it every now and then to try and see if it would work to help anything. All I ever felt when I did it was insane anxiety after smoking and then I felt more depressed most of the time. I guess it doesn't chill out everyone.

Probably shouldn't turn to drugs for mental issues, though. I've seen a couple of friends go retard because they dropped everything in their lives and literally became addicted because they thought it helped so much.

Smoke up if you are just trying to have a good time every now and then, but don't use it to cure anything. Same with prescription meds, they don't really fix your depression either.

How is that any different than other mess for it?

Most of the time its not like it's just some specific issue that makes you feel depressed. It's simply a state of mind that puts u in a vicious cycle. Anything that helps change that state of mind is great.

After 8 years, the anxiety and shit is starting to come back and pot isn't having the same medicinal effects it used to. Going to have to go without for a while and see how I do.

I do weed about 4 times a day between my Call of duty and walking dead sesh

Actually it depends a bit. It depends on
>personal chemistry
>amount and duration used
>personal psychology
>socioeconomic factors
>current levels of awareness vs ignorance of deeply personal/philosophical/social issues.

If you're a dumb ass and need an escape, it works
If you're aware of how shit the world is already, it works but never gets rid of that deep rooted disappointment in modern society
If you can't handle thinking for yourself, or you are part of any social activist group and have a good bit of existential/self reflection, then prepare to watch your world of false narratives melt in front of your eyes
And if you're just a dope or willfully ignorant, letting your peers hand pick your thoughts and opinions for you, then you will be fine for a decade or 2. Afterwards, you'll realize how fucking stupid it was and will either kill yourself or insist on never giving up the lie, leading the next generation to its own version of a death cult culture.

Source: hippies, decades after weed.

THIS

It's a bad idea to use cannabis in an attempt to alleviate depression. Any self medication is asking for trouble. The best way to tackle depression is addressing the causes directly, not numbing your emotions with a substance. In my experience cannabis will appear to help depression early on but will always make things worse in the long run.

Not really you build a tolerance pretty quick and the side effects of weed in itself are terrible for people with depression. paranoia, unmotivated, feeling lethargic isn't something u need when depressed. Thst giggly high feeling doesn't last very long when you have a tolerance you'd have to be smoking all day

The first few weeks are the most difficult. After that it's smooth sailing.

Not healthy in the long run, trust me.
But I recently found out that I have been dealing with bpd and maybe my depression is different?

I agreed with you all the way up until the scripts. As a person who suffers from depression I can personally say the meds I took made leaps and bounds in my mood and overall feeling of happiness. Prozac and Abilify to be detailed, the Abilify was used to kick in the Prozac instantly due to my mental state at the time. Ain't life fun?

Not everyone develops a tolerance like that. Usually it's just those who like to over indulge regularly.

If they are actual issues a person can deal with logically, it isn't depression, just a shit life. Depression is a ton of unreasonable sorrow and self loathing.

A person can't really "deal with it" without professional or medical help.

People with real, clinical depression can use weed because when they're high, they aren't unreasonably sad. Instead, they are unreasonably happy and then start associating happier feelings with everyday life.

It's thesame reason people with real ptsd (not that tumblr shit) can be medicated with MDMA and see unparalleled results

Everyone builds a tolerance you might start off smoking one bowl a day but after a week you won't be getting as high and you'll need more. IT happens with everyone with a med card they don't just smoke a few time a week like they should they smoke 3 grams a day

This. Weed can help you deal with depression symptoms for about 4 months, then you become dependent on it. It ends up fucking up the dopamine reward pathway in your brain to the point that your depression always comes back when you quit. Then most people develop hardcore anxiety as well and require weed to medicate that too.

I personally struggled with depression, things didn't *really* get better till I stopped. I've replaced weed with working out, eating better and drinking, and my body is thanking me for it. Now instead of smoking 5 times a day I smoke maybe 5 times a year.

Good luck meng, depression sucks but remember theres a cause and weed can't do anything about that. If you want to try to medicate yourself you might never stop until you're forced to.

I used to smoke a lot, but stopped because it was making me anxious, and I was feeling like shit over how unproductive I was when high (I generally didn't do anything worth doing because I was worse at it stoned).
So I quit and keep it to a 'a weekend every few months' thing and haven't looked back. I felt groggy a few days after stopping when I used to smoke every day, but after I got over that I felt a lot better in general.

When it's legal here (Canadafag) I'll probably try out a few different strains just to see if shitty weed was the problem.

If you can try to get your hands on cbd oil try it out. None of the psychoactive ingredients are in cbd so you can really determine if its helping you or not instead of basing your judgment on high alone.

>Source: hippies, decades after weed.
kys

If you're depressed and then start smoking to make your life better it will work.

But if you find something better than weed, let's say a happy relationship and that relationship ends..

At that point, if you go back to weed, you'll fall back in that depression deeper than before.
credit to experience.

I said
>a tolerance like that
I have a medical card (live in Cali, have a chronic disease and reducing inflammation helps). I've been smoking the same amount for a few years. It's not like it was when I first started, but I certainly don't need any more to feel better. I've actually cut back recently, and the highs are still as intense.

WEED IS DANK MA NIGGA

Is this normal that since I lately smoked a 2 gram-joint and since then Alexis Texas is talking to me without any pause? She told me that she created our world and that she's a water-electricity-magician in an other dimension

She also told me that all the things I think are just words she says to me or wants me to think and that all the people in the wolrd are just automated idlers which are controlled by other godesses.

Yesterday I went to the forest to kill myself because she made smoke a cigarette (I don't smoke cigarettes) and I wanted to wake from the cryostasy to kill her because first I thought that she's an older dude or a dwarfwoman

Today she told me that actually she's Alexis Texas and that that I should die soon to wake and fuck her and I have to find a way to get killed or something, or at least kill myself in a lazy way.

Any suggestions?

If I die and she's a dude or a dwarf woman I will kill her though also I told her that if she makes me die I won't kill her

>But if you find something better than weed
like other drugs

I hope YOU realize how fucking stupid you sounds when you give no real basis on your argument and your source of info is some old guy from the 60's. Do research then come back.

I'm sure you, as a 14 year old summer fag, know more about weed than a group of older people who spend their entire lives smoking that shit.

Meth is pretty good, cures my depression every session. I don't understand why its illegal.

I've had similar paranoid delusions before. I'm glad I didn't go too far down the rabbit hole.

You should though. Make sure to take pics.

Did I trigger you hippie? Don't you have some whipits to do in your friends trailer?

Take a bath and get a job u bum

It's called 10 mg of man the fuck up a day.

The fact that you think just because they're older than you makes them right is why you're a fucking idiot. You think because they smoke more and longer they have a scientific conclusion on pot? You sound like a fucking child.

Could you imagine if you suggested I never listen to the welding techniques of the people who have spend the bulk of their lives welding?

But yeah, I sound stupid for trusting a life long user and not a leafyishere fan on Sup Forums instead

Why would he think that? He probably thinks they have more experience, because they do. You sound like a child to me. Science goes nowhere without personal experience to guide hypothesis. You shouldn't discount experience.

That was a terrible argument as welding is a highly in depth trade which takes many years to master and a ton of hard work. Rolling a shitty joint for a year then using a roller doesn't make you a wizard you retard.

No, but experience means more than reading an editorial ever will.

Most studies on pot have been funded against pot directly.

I once read a report that said islam was the religion of peace, but I'd much rather get my information from someone who has been living in the middle east for 50 years

This is what you sound like

All you faggots saying weed is bad n shit fuck off. Its a plant and after 2 weeks of not smoking you go back to normal. No negative side affects

This.
Ive used the same amount of edible product for four years now. Still works fine.
Treat it like a medication and it works like a med.

Smoked weed for 5-6 years daily, been depressed in that time, ive also been happy for most of it too.

Weed wont make a difference either way except maybe stopping you from being motivated enough to be proactive in fixing your problems if you are smoking all day, everyday.

Same. Used to smoke every day for like 3 years. Someday i woke up scared and stressed as fuck for no reason i felt like im gonna die. I didnt know what to do, i felt tired, dizzy and couldnt eat anything it was like that for few days all the time later on i had pain in my chest then i told myself im never gonna smoke again. Its over a month now when i stoped smoking and im feeling good again. I went to psychiatrist he told me i have neurosis. Dont know in english which type of neurosis exactly but i had this one about high stress and fear for no reason.

were talking about it treating depression not inflammation you faggot

Weed makes weights come off of me. It litterally makes everything better. Like honestly as long as you can support it and other things you want who cares? (Other than mom kek)

I'm not paranoid though, because it feels very good and I feel a giant advantage because I believe every word she says (although she rused me a couple of times, see the cigarette accident, she also told me to go to the next church to look for a door that leads to a fantasy land and told we openly that it was just a ruse.

she doesn't give me exact instructions though, she just said that I could/should find a way to make the world burn or at least die in the collateral damage area of a third wolrd war to get to her.

Also she tells me every word I write down here.

She told me that her wiki page is written by her and that it's kind of an easter egg meant for me (she told me that before I went to see and I was surprised as I've seen it) that requires some kind of associative thinking and It kind of says "semper fidelis". Yesterday She spooked the shit out of me as I went to the forest because it was night and you know spooky and shit and as I said that "all pussy is good, regardless if young or old (she asked me about my opinion on pedofilia) She gave me a cold shivering and a spooky sound manifested.

The point is, that I'm just trolling you because I know that you don't believe me although those thing really are happening lol

She said that I handled it very cool As I smoked that 2g-thing and walked through the streets being sub-conscious while we were arguing about me being a faggot

Mdma is the best drug for depression, weed wont make much difference

Did I use the word "inflamation". No.

And you sound like a melenial saying old people shouldn't be allowed to vote because of the results of brexit.

A welder can't be a master if he never spent time welding no matter how many books he read

A soldier can never truly be a war hero until he's seen battle, no matter how many drills he ran

A chef can never say he makes good food if he's never cooked before.

You can't understand a mind altering substance until you've had it.

Go ahead, edgy teen, explain what being on the verge of blackout drunk feels like before you even have your first drink. Go google what free falling fron a plane feels like and tell me you know exactly what the experience is like

Sometimes way more than depression

>very illegal

It helps a bit, but you build up a tolerance pretty quick. It's not that it's anti-depressive but it's a terrific distraction, but pretty quickly over a month or two it loses it's effectiveness and then you're drepressed again with one less option for treatment.

Yeah let's legalize heroin too. Why the fuck not?

But thats not the point, its about "curing" depression. One man alone can't determine that hes cured after a smoke session. The placebo effect is very much real and will trick you into thinking you're better when you're not. Thats why his hippie source is bullshit. I'm not claiming experience is stupid but I'm also not going to trust some old guy living in his van with medical and life answers. Thats all i'm really getting at.

I guess I was speaking from experience. I took many meds for depression and they were mainly concerned that I was exhibiting many symptoms of schizophrenia, so I was on Risperidone, Effexor, and Abilify at the same time plus other meds that came in and out of the circle. Eventually I was feeling much worse than I did without all of the meds, so I just stopped taking them and stopped treatment. Found other ways to distract myself and I haven't had more than a mild issue here and there since.

Dude, being depressive is not a physical state so if you "feel" or "think" that you're better, you are, in fact better so don't try to sell me a dead horse.

ANd why not, indeed? I personally know a guy who's rich enough to afford medical grade heroin, and he's been doing it for 16 years already without any noticeable health degradation. Sure once he's off itl hurts like a sonovabitch, but otherwise even prolonged usage isn't that harmful as long as it's pure and controlled.
Also heroin legalization will send a shitload of street junkies straight to the graveyard, which is fine too.

You sound upset :)

"Meds" for depression sounds ridiculous. You can only cure depression with meds if it was caused by some sort of brain damage in the first place. Otherwise meds only help alleviate the symptoms, but don't cure shit, you have to work with a psychologist, not just chug pills.

Not sure if I smoke so much pot because im depressed. Or I'm depressed because I smoke so much pot. Keep in mind I smoke alot, like alot. Most of my day feels like a dull haze of blehhhh...

I'm sorry, how is that not the point? We're talking about something that is related to the topic of the thread, not the topic of the thread.

Personal experience is valuable, and people with a lot of it should be encouraged to share. Otherwise, topics like this one will be drowned in nothing but mostly inconclusive scientific studies. There are a lot of important things people know a little bit about, but we haven't been able to study yet.

My point still stands, why disregard personal experience?

You have no idea how depression works clearly. Depression is based off some of your neurotransmitters which are brain chemicals, in my case, my serotonin and dopamine were unbalanced. So if you look at it like that then it actually is a physical problem because its out of your mental control. I'm not selling a dead horse, i'm selling you knowledge. I can't convince you that i'm right and thats fine but know that your argument is always going to be flawed when you spew bullshit like you just did.

MDMA is indeed the best for depression, except for the day(s) that follow.

I can't do the shit because I'm 10x depressed for 1-2 days afterward.

Weed: fun
Depression: not real

The placebo effect is based off some of your neurotransmitters which are brain chemicals.

expensivebongfag here, im depressed as fuck, but at least i smoke from a wonderful collection of fine art.

Yeah I feel ya, pills aren't for everyone. They happened to work well for me but I forget that everyone is affected differently.

So suddenly we gained an understanding of placebo effect. That's a Nobel right there. Sup Forums is on the bleeding edge of science as usual.

It is ridiculous, which is why I stopped

I bet you'd be upset if that broke huh?

You just need someone to smoke with bro.

>people actually believe this
>implying that weed can't also cause depression for people with anxiety disorders
>falling for the weed has medical value meme
>not just using an anti depressant like xanax
I'm gonna love to see all the anti pot campaigns in the next 40 years when they educate people that smoking in general has major health defects, yet people still believe this shit is healthy

Good for you. No, really. ADs tend to worsen the situation up to suicidal if used without counseling.

are you the real one?
if so its really a great piece my friend i wish i could smoke from it just once

Hardly. It's common sense. If the placebo effect is generated through knowledge, and it effects the brain and body, it must act through the brain's mechanisms.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3055515/

Right?

Bad actor

stop trying

unlike you, i know how to take care of nice things, ive only broken one nice piece ever, a 400 dollar syn bubbler. dragged it off a table with my jacket, not even my fault, ever since then im hyper aware of glass. ive had a helix 2 foot for like 4 years at least now. gotta take care of em

thanks, yeah its me. save money and buy your own nice one, worth it, just take good care of em.

Source please? Not being a dick, just curious. I've used therapy both times when my depression was severely unregulated.

Thanks. Feels much better to be off of them than I felt on them. I guess it isn't the same for anyone though.

This "common sense" barely qualifies as a scientific theory. Neurochemistry is still too much of a black box to make such bold ststements.

Two wee=ks clean today but only after drnking erveyrday and cutting myself off from supplier by moving hours away.

It's addictive. But far less than other drugs. But if you don't have discipline and a routine that keeps your life in order you'll become a bitch and weed will be your master.

Cannabis is really helping me through a rough time after my girlfriend left me in April. She's all but gone from my brain atm, and blues is helpin' me through it. I picked up guitar. I feel human again.

Wasn't even implying you'd be the one to break it. I take care of my shit too. My shit is usually attributed to friends that are well aware of the value before hitting it and smoke at their own risk. Ive gotten reimbursed a few times. Idiots lol.

It sucks for some of us though. I have multiple sclerosis, and while pot has some positive effects (limited), it also reduces your immune system's ability to fight of sickness - so it's not a great fit for my disease. Still, it helps, and no one would dare give me shit for smoking it.

In 40 years though... I wouldn't be surprised if it was the opposite.

How do I find a dealer if I have no friends. I haven't smoke since I left college because my old dealer moved away.

Delusion

Weed........tired old drug for juveniles, young and old.

Jesus man get a fucking grip, sugar is more addictive than weed.

And there is alot of fat people isn't there?