youtube.com/watch?v=VR-H2XzNcQM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O0rBGSqjI
youtube.com/watch?v=9_LOiiWjpug
youtube.com/watch?v=BIF4U_QFSxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes me. love em

No but I pretend to like them hem I talk to hipster chicks

be my bf

Does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?

no 21 pilots is pop trash

so they are in the same category of quality as AnCo then

AnCo is great pop though

same as Twenty One Pilots

Yes.

lol

no

there is nothing funny about what I said. seriously, DO NOT laugh at unfunny things.

Yes.

Yeah I love Animal Collective. My heart lies with the old Sup Forums that considered them to be essential. I always feel like there's a certain quality I see in people that listen to them (in a good way). Maybe it's the acid who knows

AnCo look like nu-males compaired to 21p lol

I never noticed the huge fire behind them

>implying hipsters still like AnCo

when will the 21p samefagging end it's been unfunny for at least a year at this point

haahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahaahhhhahahahahahahaahahhahha

nobody on Sup Forums has ever been funny.

No Twenty One Pilots is legitimately the most awful music I've ever heard in my entire life while Animal Collective are everything I want music to sound like.

nobody respects hyperbole, user.

I got into them recently and they have quickly become my favorite band of all time. I really love MPP, Feels, Strawberry Jam, Sung Tongs, and a few tracks from Spirit They Gone Spirit They Vanished. Really nothing like them amazing mind-blowing music :).

They're exactly what I want from music. There's a certain quality to their music that is hard to describe. It feels very personal. I have seen several AnCo fans express something similar to this online, and although I've never seen anyone quite put it into words that aren't vague, the way that people talk about it makes me think there really is something specific they latched onto that most other music does not have.

MPP was the first album I listened to after I starting going on Sup Forums. I have hooked from the first second all the way through immediately. There's not really much else you can say that hasn't already been said by everybody, I think people are just done repeating things and would like to move on. It is really good music, I think.

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

Uhh, this was already posted, today I think. Wasn't funny then, either, really.

Pasta?

A+

the 33 dubs for the third time I've seen this pasta, nice.

yes

Avey and Freaky Deaky are doing a DJ set new year's eve in NYC.

Should I go?

Fuck avey tare

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

rare

Who here has hugged panda bear before? Me. :)

They're my favorite. Also, if anyone doesn't understand why they're so great, listen to Merriweather Post Pavillion on good speakers on mushrooms.

Dude, why would anyone give you a level headed rebuttal when your whole post is just a bunch of subjectively based ad-hominem attacks with no real unifying thread or statement?

I agree but I admit they have a few bangers. MPP is good stuff.

They have like four albums besides Merriweather that are verging on perfect, and then Merriweather which is perfect, in my opinion.

what was it like? did he smell good? I`m jealous user... :(

Xd

fuck yea I would, such a sweetheart and a qt

amy tear would have been such a better name

>My Girls stared with eyes like the heads of nails

I hate when I'm listening to an internet radio station and my music is interrupted by Animal Collective

post rare ac pics

was gonna ask for the suffering avey pasta but i found it:

>tfw you make your first album with your best friend
>tfw you'll never to get make funny faces in the mirror after cuddling with your best friend again
>tfw your best friend gets married and moves out of the contry
>make intimate music with wife
>wife divorces you
>cant have best friend or wife
>spiral into deep depression.

Whoa, Panda is capable of smiling??

Yes, I hate both of them

this meme was never humorous

is avey's fashion sense salvageable?

avey > panda > deakin = geo desu for fashion sense

>tfw I made that thread to talk about that
>tfw I beileve this to be 100% true
>tfw avey x panda is the one true ship of pureness

What do hipsters even like anymore? Rap?

stop

They're not special. Animal Collective are the "I'm not like the other girls" of bands. Ones that are so unimaginative that they must forcefully insert gimmicks with little to no solid basis in it, ruining the whole thing further. Make no mistake, they certainly are just that: music prides itself in having no solid basis upon quality or basic music making competence. Their concept of being novel is just ignoring basic music theory and not following structures that make music good or enjoyable. That is NOT creativity, that is just basic incompetence.

Their entire concept of originality and being inventive is just fractured bullshit whilst ignoring something as basic as a decent chord progression. That's like claiming that denying 2x2 being 4 is a unique concept worth praising. Like math, music has basic concepts you must build off to improve its quality; AnCo is basically like an edgy middler schooler ignoring step 0 and taking pride in going BACKWARDS rather than making any tangible creativity. That's like trying to do trigonometry when you failed Algebra I, you get some shitty half baked poorly rooted shit. AnCo PRIDE THEMSELVES in being retards. They then layer all this half baked shit onto generic "psychedelia", yes they certainly go apeshit for beach boy vocal harmonies like every other fucking 2000s "indie band".

When they're not doing that they're making generic folk-rock with some bullshit yelping on top of it to make it 'tribal-like". On their NINTH studio album, they finally figured out what the fuck a basic chord progression was, and everybody went apeshit. They finally went from step -1 to step 0. Animal Collective is faux-creativity, basically a corruption of original or independent though in favor of directionless ignoring of basic music/song structure and believing that itself to serve as a shred of creativity. They are disgusting in standing for everything that is wrong and poor and lazy in "experimental" music. There's nothing to "get".

me here

Panda is pretty /fa/
Probably because his wife is a fashion designer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yMSarEUeJb0
>Avey: the cover is like an optical illusion
>Panda Bear: when you move you're eyes around it goes all *blewblewblewblew"
god tier interview

>I`d be a janitor
aaaww... CUTE

So...
Are you arguing that they're not special or are you just saying they aren't a good band?
So far, all I can really take from your post that isn't "vague quotation marks" and comparatives meant to only insult the band themselves is:
>music that prides itself in having no solid basis upon quality or basic music making competence
Really? Mind telling me what solid basis upon quality you think should be considered in this situation, because if not then that just sounds like an opinion. Also, this "basic music making competence..."
What does that define? The chord progression you mentioned in between surface-level insults? The song structure you think is non-existent for some reason? Do you even listen to them? Should I link a few songs that have these things that you mention?
Chord Progression:
youtube.com/watch?v=1CNmid_JpI0
youtube.com/watch?v=ApWOx5FmPaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oAapLaSnc5k
youtube.com/watch?v=VR-H2XzNcQM
Song structure:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O0rBGSqjI
youtube.com/watch?v=9_LOiiWjpug
youtube.com/watch?v=BIF4U_QFSxQ

Honestly, if you don't like the band, just say so. Give some legitimate reasons why, not just entry-level insults and spatterings of some half-baked argument.
Coming into an obvious AnCo thread with paragraphs of guff... shitty bait if i've ever seen one.

Honestly they aren't good djs

nobody on Sup Forums has ever been funny.

>tfw ywn get that cupcake back

What's with Geo? Is he human?

u hav ben b8ted frendo

Has anyone listened to their new single, Mountain Game?

Yeah, it was pretty good. Shame it didn't get on RDR.

Top is actually good, so no.

Avey looks kind of like Mac DeMarco in that picture.

I liked it a lot too
but what do you mean by RDR?

He looks completely emotionally destroyed in that one interview that came out this year. That is a PAINED man.

Apparently the song was going to be used in the game Red Dead Redemption back in 2010, but it never fell through.

really? that's cool as fuck
and you're right, that is too bad it never made it

When Deakin ate that cupcake, that was the exact moment when the decline started setting in. Think about it, it was 2005, they had already done Feels, Avey and Panda had both gotten married, everyone in the band had reached some sort of plateau, that was the exact moment that triggered the decline that began to unfold, the 2005-2006 Feels tour being an emotionally heavy period, Deak and Kria supposedly having some kind of fling, Deak leaves, things get weird between Avey and Kria, Panda now lives in fucking Portugal, and now Animal Collective is this huge name at the top of the indie scene with the entire world watching and, guess what, you're out of ideas, the place you were at in your life that inspired your best work has passed, and now you feel cold and alone with everything that was valuable in your life having come to an end or dissipated with time, and it all comes back to when Deakin ate the cupcake.

>shitty bait if i've ever seen one.
except you wrote a bunch of stuff and provided SEVEN examples.

why is mpp so good

So...?

It's both organic and synthetic but not in a boring middle of the road type way, and every song is just a showcase of beautiful timbres.

dude the concept of bait is not that difficult to grasp. it doesn't even really matter how it makes you feel, the fact that you respond at all means it's successful. and you responded with a decent chunk of content. so it couldn't have been that shitty, could it

it is a rare occurence, but whenever he smiles it opens a portal to a divine heavenly dimension

How is it that they still all look like kids in college

Yfw Avey's next solo album is just him with an acoustic guitar singing stripped down Henry Darger-esque beatnik psych folk with zero production.

Aw jeeze rip 5 minutes of my time, then. What an amazing bait post that guy made then, I honestly can't believe I was bamboozled into wasting my life with it.
Let me be sure to include a reaction image to show my complete and utter distraught at being thrown for such a loop.
God forbid I ever put more than a few seconds of thought into my posts, lest I be known as a loser on the Internet.

what's this from?

holy shit geo looks like huge jacked man here

Whenever someone talks about Anco they always say something similar like this. I don't know they've got something that no one else does it's impossible to describe. The emotions Anco can make me feel with some songs is unlike anything I've ever felt.

They look like a mid 00s emo band here

bump

post your worst anco pics
theres so many bad ones to choose from

stop panda looks like a majestic wizard

What the fuck, what's your reasoning?

He didn't get his album signed

Wtf is in geos pocket

Change that's emptied by