Why exactly do people hate them?

I'm not too crazy about anything they released after Minutes to Midnight, but I always thought the two albums in pic related were phenomenal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECjnGawMTu0
youtube.com/watch?v=GPv0ZQrq5O4
youtube.com/watch?v=TTCB6RGcl0I
youtube.com/watch?v=fF85kbN6lZg
youtube.com/watch?v=bn496_tgqIk
youtube.com/watch?v=er-TinIKvCw
youtube.com/watch?v=J1KqQYsUYIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people hate popular things

Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever owned. I used to listen to that shit nonstop while reading Harry Potter in elementary school. That CD will always have a place in my heart. Papercut will always be their best song.

Still, shit's edgy as fuck. And I don't even like using that term much.

You forgot Reanimation OP

This. Hybrid Theory Reanimation and Meteora are awesome. After that they just sold out

God damn when did mu get so fucking shitty

Go back to jewddit

ATS>>meteora>hybrid theory>>everything else

>They changed their sound and not in a good way
>Then they got played all over X-Games that one year with Bleed It Out on nonstop repeat
Basically Minutes to Midnight and everything I've heard after is what killed the band for me.

Most people here either got into them before they really started seriously listened to music and "matured" past them or just hate popular things

people don't like their lyrics

but lyrics aside shinoda and bennington have gr8 vocals and flows

also the instrumentals are legitimately good, joe hann was the real genius behind linkin park

youtube.com/watch?v=ECjnGawMTu0
youtube.com/watch?v=GPv0ZQrq5O4
youtube.com/watch?v=TTCB6RGcl0I
youtube.com/watch?v=fF85kbN6lZg

the moment he became less of a driving force was the moment linkin park went downhill

desu I like their later stuff a bit better

A Thousand Suns > Living Things > Meteora > Minutes To Midnight > Hybrid Theory > The Hunting Party

How come Linkin Park gets ridiculed while Nine Inch Nails does not? Some of its edge can be far cringing. Stuff like "I Do Not Want This" or "That's What I get" are somehow being forgiven. Why? What makes NIN be able to escape from being laughed at with some of their lyrics while Linkin Park is butt of all jokes?

Underground cred.

Probably due to the fact that I Do Not Want This is a part of the albums concept album. Linkin Park does not deserve the normie memes still. Shit like Papa Roach, Simple Plan and Fred Durst should be a laughing stock.

Autistic weebs ruined Linkin Parik in 2003-2009 with their countless AMV videos and Deviantart images.

If those AMVs were good this would not have happened

CHAINSAW
WHAT

> Still, shit's edgy as fuck

There is nothing wrong with music (or anything) being edgy. If somethings executed well then that should be the focus.

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD AS A REJECT

YOU LIKE ME TO FUCK ME LIKE AN ANIMAL. YOU LIKE TO FEEL ME ON THE INSID-

> Trent files a law suit

Oh baybaybe

I can't take crawling seriously anymore

A Thousand Suns is the best thing they've done. HT and Meteora are generic shit.

What are some bands or albums that sound similar to HT and Meteora?

Themselves. Every song is exactly the same, note for note.

Los Angeles' Linkin Park, fronted by singer Chester Bennington and rapper Mike Shinoda, were the most successful band of rap-metal thanks to Hybrid Theory: a textbook in how to turn teenage angst into the musical equivalent of fast food.

and yet he liked korn and nine inch nails

u are a horrible teenager or u were one

>u
Idiot.

well they are

Is this thread ironic?

Have we become so contrarian that we're actually praising linkin park?

NIN has fantastic instrumentation

relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=bn496_tgqIk

And no one rivals Trents rage in his vocals. Burn, Somewhat Damaged, Last, The Wretched... kicks so much ass.

>he unironically likes objectively shit music
lmao, i guess Sup Forums is the correct place for edgy children such as yourself

>objectively

>edgy

Sup Forums made that term what it is today. Regular people in the real world will still use it in a positive context.

>ITT: WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH PEOPLE DON'T LIKE MY EDGY NU-METAL BAND YOU JUST HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR AND HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH TEEN ANGST LIKE I'M GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW

This isn't a Death Grips thread though.

>Death Grips
>more for angsty teens than fucking Linking Park

pick both

What the fuck are you even on about? Linking Park is famous for being for angsty teens. Death Grips are more popular with memelords and hipsters.

memes are the new edgy

I can't argue with that.

They're Runescape tier.

I admit this song is a guilty pleasure of mine.
youtube.com/watch?v=er-TinIKvCw
The weird Mike Shinoda reggae hook oddly works. And I kind of dig the music behind it.

youtube.com/watch?v=J1KqQYsUYIk
This is legit awesome though. If Linken Park was just an instrumental hip-hop/rock band it would be great.

Because they were insanely popular during the early and mid 00's and therefore, much like nickleback, people started to hate them because they were sick of it. Kids then started doing the same to fit in, even though they haven't really listened to either or were even around during the time they were popular and here we are.