Why do people hate them?

Why do people hate them?

nobody except the fucknig idiot millennials hate them you assclown

duude pink floyd are fucking legends

Retarded stigma because a vast majority of people liked them and people can't stand liking stuff other people already like

truu

>Why do people hate them?
Final Cut was the first album I bought and I still love it

people hate them ? What's your favourite album and do you agree that division bell is heavily underrated?

Because of their one neat trick

overrated piece of shit

Not OP but Division Bell IMO is underrated.
Favorite album is Meddle

Yes, I know people that hate them. To be honest, I can't pick a favorite because I love every album I've heard. The Division Bell is absolutely amazing and yes, I think it is underrated.

Probably because they're music is overplayed on any rock station today, and they only play the hits at the time as well, people who don't like Pino Floyd but like rock in general have probably only been exposed to those overplayed songs, and mot any of their other stuff, some of which was amazing, othera which were.....meh? Animals was a weird album.

What neat trick

yep. dubs don't lie.

This

I love Meddle, it's probably my second favorite album from them. Also I think the Pompeii version of Echoes is better than the album version.

b/ros give me a list of your best pink floyd songs

I fuckin love the final cut, man. Probably the nost underrated album

Animals is in my top 3 favs

From best to worst IMO

>Wish You were here
>Meddle
>Atom Heart Mother
>Dark Side of the Moon
>The final Cut
>A momentary lapse of Reason
>The Division Bell
>Animals
>The Wall

Piper at the gates of dawn was pretty shit TBH. After Barret left they got a lot better.

But Barrett was only in for their first album

Two suns in the sunset
Dogs
Poles apart
Welcome to the machine
Shine on you crazy diamond (all parts)
Pigs
Any colour you like
Breathe
Run like hell

not a fan of Piper either but I love Jugband Blues

They do?

A Pillow of Winds
The Final Cut
The Gunners Dream
Echoes
Lucifer Sam
Childhoods End
Time
Us and them
Young lust
Mother
The thin ice
Breathe
High hopes
Coming back to life

damn thats almost like my list

i love that b has a good taste in music

>All except What Do You Want From Me tbh

We both have good taste bro

Exactly, they got a lot better.

He still had a lot of Influence in the bands music in the early 70's until his complete breakdown though. He had a bit of a solo career, some of its alright I suppose, but he wasn't really that good of an artist. He was really just a catalyst for the later Floyd.

OP here
I actually haven't heard all of their albums. I'll list the ones I have heard in order that I've heard them, because I like them all equally.
>Dark Side of the Moon
>Wish You Were Here (Single)
>The Wall
>Division Bell
>Momentary Lapse of Reason
>Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>Saucerful of Secrets

i still think shine on you crazy diamond is the best piece made.

mah nigga

Oh ok, I see. I like Barret a lot though because he can make some really psychedelic stuff

you don't liste to pink floyd by songs, you listen to albums as whole

Which one is Pink?

gives me extreme goose bumps every time, and will never forget when i listend it when i did edibles first time

What do you mean?

Tasteless fucks.

OP again
Come to think of it, I've never heard Piper or Saucerful while sober

As a bass player, I've always found most pink floyd's songs to be fun and relaxing to play, which is why i cant get enough of them.

>there are people who dislike Piper
I wonder what having a shit tier taste in music is like, any anons care to describe it?

kek

I get it.

Great band

this is so wierd i was just about to buy a pink floyd hoodie when i came over this thread

It was random noises cooked up by a mentally ill person.

>watch out for the gnomes
>I like riding bikes
>doo de doo laa laa lee

It was pop tier crap.

Wttm

I have that shirt

This.

Pretty much true, Syd Barrett was schizophrenic and used a lot of psychedelic drugs.

Animals, and no opinion on Division Bell. Not a big Floyd fan, but AFAIK, What Do You Want From Me is good, so it's likely a good album.

cool

because they're fags. its the beatles that suck

The fact that you're even comparing pink floyd to the Beatles shows that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

OP here. Well, trips don't lie. I don't hate the Beatles, but I don't like them either.

Both highly popular and fresh in the 60-70's, same instrumental range, same level of wealth and fame, they are quite easy to compare even if they are completely different musically.

>animals near the bottom
>no mention of ummagumma

millennial fags say pink floyd sucks. but they love the beatles. I'm saying that they're all backwards.

This

Ah shit forgot about ummagumma, still near the bottom but Saucer full of secrets was okay.

Who the fuck hates them?

Satan trips FUCKING lie

Pink Floyd was quite something with Syd Barret - he was the heart of the band and without him they wee nothing.

Why I fucking hate Pink Floyd is for how the band labeled Syd as 'crazy' and made fame and fortune on the influense of Syd's 'crazyness' meanwhile Syd, the true artist, spent the rest of life at his life at his mother's house avoiding drama and stupitidy of the 'normies' - the public and hos bandmembers who was once
his 'true' friends.

Not to mention that Pink Floyd has become a meme for people who lack a
sense of art, to claim they Pink Floyd is their fav band only to appear like they have good taste in music, unaware that they are just a pretentious soulless waste of space.

Thoughts on Pink Floyd The Wall the movie?

Just so you faggots know, Syd Barrett was Autistic and mentally ill drug addict.

He was a giggling nutcase who wrote weird ass songs because it was edgy and new, Barrett floyds success came from that.

Gilmour Floyd asked questions and a lot of their albums were tributes or Protesting against something, whether it be the treatment of animals by humans, the education system/society, greed, the music industry, how we treat each other....

Barrett sung about gnomes and riding his fucking bike.

Watched it tripping balls. Missed many key points. But it did give it a sort of magic and now I more enjoy seeing it sober

We don't need nipples

Only saw them live once, '94

I love the story that they tell in The Final Cut, its like an epic hour long musical about the pain and anguish of the different perspectives of people experiencing World War 2

And if you don't like Time then fuck you

I hate some of their songs, Money, etc., the cliche stuff from The Wall, but I hardly think that my love for most of their music equates to a lack of sense of art

I'd say that finding music or a painting that evokes a strong emotional response in you is the most artistic thing you can find.

I'd happily shit on your choice of music though, assuming its something you think is hipster-cool like Stone Temple Pilots or some shit modern band that blabs about love or girls or anger

My top album after all these years is still Dark Side of the Moon. I think it has something to do with how many chicks I banged while listening to that album. Started in high school when I fingered my gf during a laser light show at a planetarium surrounded by peeps. She gave me a blow job outside after because she was scared that she would be caught. She didn't have any problem though with me fingering her till she came inside thought the cunt.

So much this.

Millennials can't stand Floyd because their attention span just isn't long enough.

their best album imo

Yeah and he "fried his brain on LSD" and all that propaganda and superficial assuming of the human psychology, right? Syd's lyrics are timeless, pure expression from the heart and soul beautifully and poetically arranged and will be relevant forever to the human kind, meanwhile the later Pink Floyd are just pretentious stupid brainleds leftist acticists with a knowledge of playing instruments and composing professional music but completely lacking souls and relevance to the human species and the essence of life. Pink Floyd w/o Syd with it's members are but a circus of clowns.

>I am so autistic I can only be happy around/relate to other autismos and their work

Thats all you're talking about. His work isn't timeless, its completely overshadowed by the masterpieces of layer Floyd, and you're too much of an Autismo Maximus to understand that your opinion means fuck all.

Thought it was fucking supercool. The animations are especially awesome.

What they did to Syd is an unforgivable tradegy in my eyes. I know that they couldn't understand his level of being and that they were not able to relate to him. But having experienced such misunderstandment and confusion and betrayal as Syd, I can only loathe the remaining members of Pink Floyd.

Of course and I enjoy some song like 'Goodbye blue sky', 'Mother' and others by the band w/o Syd, they are the expressions and arrangement of the remaining members but that it's that the music was made at the expense of Syd Barret's identity, image etc that bothers me. And you can't deny that Pink Floyd has become a meme for pretentious kiddos who only say they like PF to appear like they have a good taste in music i.e. kiddos and all with Dark side of the moon t-shirts and all that show.

>I know that they couldn't understand his level of being and that they were not able to relate to him.

When you're that far out on acid, you can't expect anyone to understand you. You're gone, and nobody can bring you back.

And if you just stand around on stage refusing to sing or play, you can expect to get chucked out of the band.

And you are too much of a headless neurotic one of the crowd sort of a monochromatic guardsman chicken guy aren't you? Syd's lyrics are simplisic, easily understood and top quality of art. You don't appreciate it nor understand it for you are shit-stained the whole of you, you temporary cancerous kind of a being.

I have Kodachrome slides of them at BC Place in Vancouver on their tour in 86

main reason I fixed my huge quad amp was for the quad albums of their I still have

Isn't it the opposite

ONE OF THESE DAYS I,M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!

I had a thought last year about an idea for a movie parody of that UK Show"Grand Designs" and was listening to Pete Townshend's "Psychoderilict" when he got to the part about the"22 room glass mansion"

You could call it Grandious Delusions and have bit parts with various musicians, ficticious and not, like Raymond Hysmith and his 22 room glass mansion being hard to keep warm and people throwing rocks at it, Nigel Tufnell could could have a part being interviewed and he would show them his guitar collection and some girl could ask him "Any any of these YOUR guitars?"

>so far out on acid
>was gone
>nobody could bring him back

Write a fucking science ficition novel, will you? Of course they kicked him out because he didn't fit into the business machine type of a band that these greedy bastards made Syd's band to become. And of course Syd 'protested' and expressed himself in a 'strange' sort of a matter realising that his visions and artistic projects and achievements were about to be steamrolled and taken over by fame and money hungry pigs.

Born in 92. By far favorite band. But these millennial fuckers hate real music. They're more in to "suck my dick while i fuck that ass" shit.

Never talked to anyone that hated them tbh fampai. In fact, I've met more people who pretend they love them but can't name a record. To be fair, they were almost all female.

female opinions don't count

LSD does not do that to you. Go take LSD. You can take 15 tabs, lose your fucking mind but you'll come back, and be okay.

Syd was a schizo, and did WAY more than LSD, while combining pills and everything else. In all likelihood it was a catalyst for the schizophrenia to take hold.

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes..."

They kicked Syd out because they had to fucking unplug his guitar. He would put his back to the crowd and play a song that the band wasn't playing. He was absolutely losing it by the end. And they never forgot about him. TONS of songs are about Syd and how much they felt bad for him. How about fucking Wish you Were Here. That album is about their start, and that song is dedicated to Syd, along with SOYCD. You're blind if you don't realize that.

He came into the studio while they were recording that album, and they started after seeing what had become of Syd dude.

>they started after seeing

forgot the word crying.

Click to find out, you wont believe your eyes!

Of course they love Pink Floyd because saying that you listen to Pink Floyd will save you in most cases when somebody asks "what music you like?". Pink Floyd are just such a " mysterious" and so "ahead of their time" kind of a band and really "cool" , "psychedelic" and such.

Have you seen the 2015 Roger Waters - The Wall? It's actually pretty fucking badass. He uses a lot of original footage in an interesting way

Yeah and with "Shine on you crazy diamond" with the "..now there's a look in you're eyes, like black holes in the skies.." - they surely felt 'bad' for him but obviously were still convinced that he was crazy beyond redemption and therefore, I think, Syd acted sort of against the band in his own 'playful' and 'hard to get' sort of a way. He met the band once years after they split and acted 'crazy' and when they asked what he thought of the "Shine on you.."-song he answered it sounded a "bit old" - maybe cos they still were convinced that his identity was shattered beyond redemption and that he was a loon and all that.

>the treatment of animals by humans
Where in their discography do they explore this?

Atom Heart Mother
Time
Eclipse
Echoes
Wot's uh the deal

Nobody hates them. Everyone loves them and wanks over Dark side of the moon.

I hate them because of the people who like them and think they are superior because of their music taste. I don't like their music at all, just because people have different taste in music and my opinion is that they are overrated. But again, that's just my opinion and most people might and will disagree and I don't give a fuck

I love them but every single album after5 atom heart mother is just terrible pseudo intelectual trash.