Why do the Japanese go to a shrine every New Years if they don't believe in religion?

Why do the Japanese go to a shrine every New Years if they don't believe in religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

tokyoreporter.com/2016/12/11/fukushima-cops-korean-man-destroyed-stone-statues-at-shrine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't been to shrine for more than 10 years. Because I don't believe in Shinto.

it's just a traditional thing.

Its just like a festival

on the assumption that most of Japanese believe in shintoism and buddism softly.
if not so, they go to shrine cause it is japanese custom.

it's rather close to the festival of gathering your distant family.

How many people in Japan actually believe in Shinto and don't just follow the traditions?
I mean like how many people actually believe that the gods are real?

>December 24/25 "Merry Xmas!"
>December 31 "Let's listen to the 108 ding-dongs of buddhist temple bells that purify you!"
>January 1 "Let's visit Shinto shrines to see kami-sama!"

why are japs this frivolous and heresy?
was two really enough?

But Shinto and Buddhism do not exclude one another.

shinto is more of a culture than a religion.

So they can sexually harass the maiden shrines

You watch too much anime.

Japanese religion isn't strict
It's not like you gotta believe in this, you gotta do this for the lord or something
It's more like remember to say thank you to those around you, take responsibility in your actions, and have morality

At least, I've never seen a man who believes in Shinto.

Hey Gaijin-san
there are still quite a few people believe in Shinto
a manager in my apartment had a shinto altar within the building and prayed twice everyday

What did he mean by this?

:'(

Only the japanese normies do it?

but he is Korean so abhors Shinto

tokyoreporter.com/2016/12/11/fukushima-cops-korean-man-destroyed-stone-statues-at-shrine/

I guess he meant Shinto is more like a culture than religion. Still I don't comprehend what he meant though. Because when someone goes visit shrine and pray to gods as a cultural habit, it's based on religious belief.

Fookin koreans.

Yeah but I guess it's kind of like parents dragging their kids to church every Sunday because it's tradition to go as a family, but based on a religion.

hardcore believers in shinto are little to none, though there are still considerable number of casual ones, like those who are somewhat superstitious and think breaking some shinto taboo brings bad luck and shit.

Because it's part of our culture.
And we take our culture very importantly.

Yes.
I don't go to shrines, because my blade is science, not some ancient mumbojumbo.

Because theyre heathens.

Because its cultural value is starting to overshadow and replace its religious value. Same reason you (presumably) celebrate Christmas.

[heart]

How many of you jap flags are proxies and how many are English teachers?

We've been asking this for years but no one's figured it out yet

I have no memories that make me remember the last time I went to shrine for happy new year. yeah I'm a jobless virgin hikikomori but I didn't do such a thing during I was a teen age. however, many people actually do that only because many people do that. that's about it. religion? that's nothing special. we are informed to say "thanks for this deal" before lunch/dinner but nobody says it's a religious act. to be quite honest, Christianity and Islam, both look more like Cult.

i don't see any posts suggestive of english teachers ITT tho

probably, the most different thing is, the parents are most likely to call themselves Christian, and would force his son to call himself Christian, too meanwhile we do neither of them. being stupid and saying that, it can be said that all of the Japanese people are to become Shinto believers only when they are born in Japan and Japanese parents bring them up.

little japan wish for more war crimes

stupid chink fuck off. Yasukuni ain't a grave.

Why do parents give kids toys if they don't believe in Santa?

Because they want to see the world burn with so much overpopulation?

Let's go because I'm bored

They are so desperate they prey to have a bigger cock.

>prey: Italian ""education""
>fresco in Pompeii: Italian ""art""