Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' Taps New Exec Producer Amid Low Ratings

>As reported by The New York Times, the network is undergoing a reboot of sorts to get Colbert viewership back on track. Fortunately, plans to help the fledging late night program are all happening with Colbert's involvement. The rebooting process started last month with the hiring of Chris Licht as executive producer and showrunner. Licht is one of CBS' most essential behind-the-scenes players, having served as the Executive Producer of CBS' morning news show and as the Vice President of Programming for CBS News since 2011.
indiewire.com/article/cbs-rebooting-the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert-fix-ratings

Why don't they just fire this cuck?

Because he has the right opinions, plays ball.

Everyone knows Norm should have that job.

They signed a contract, they want to keep him working for the money. His contract exempts him from mopping floors and groundskeeping duties.

LSSC was a great show for the first fifty episodes. Every time they've retooled it (twice now) it's gotten worse.

i dont think norm has the charisma to be a late night show host

people are getting sick of the heavy handed race bait bullshit from the left and shows like this are suffering as a result.

BS they voided Trump's contract

I think he has the charisma
I don't think he has the stamina

Colbert was epic when he was doing his own thing on Comedy Central but he's not nearly as funny as he was now that he has to appeal to a more general audience...

also his guests suck ass... too many tech billionaires and people that they think are going to attract a younger audience but who no one actually gives a fuck about

also this

>too many tech billionaires
Much like everyone else ITT, you haven't seen the show since the first week.

You mean to claim he got funnier after a while...?

Your premise is faulty.

It's shocking to me that any of these late night programs pull enough to remain relevant honestly.

It seems like it'd be dying at a much faster rate than it is.

>Vice President of Programming for CBS News

isnt' that the lowest rated news tho?

Bush was just such a safe and easy target for comedians back when he as president. Comedians started to get the impression that they were making witty political commentary and that all their audience consisted of like-minded liberals. People started getting sick of it near the end of the Obama presidency yet all these comedians still haven't caught up yet.

Why don't they just abandon the late night format entirely? It's nothing but a relic of the boomers.

I still don't know how these shows can afford to employ 100+ people when a lot of them only get the same number of views as autists playing Minecraft on Youtube.

The majority of their budget goes to the host's salaries. They cost nothing to make besides that.

Fallon gets millions of viewers and he's jewtube's favorite

Norm would just sit there bullshitting the whole time and people would love it. The problem is that old norm kinda sweats a lottt

He needs to bring over some bits from The Colbert Report. Like Cheating Death and Colbert Platinum.

Every late night show has a youtube channel now where the clips from the show reach millions of views per video

They know how to reach Millenials, that's why they're still relevant.

LOL

Norm can't keep a job for more than a month.