How come New York and Chicago are the only two cities in America to have good public transportation?

How come New York and Chicago are the only two cities in America to have good public transportation?

tis caws ov the irish laddy

Boston
SF
DC

this

They are mediocre desu.

>DC
Fuckin' awful.
>SF
Just walk. It's better than the transportation which is more of a tourist thing.
>Boston
Never been.

Public transportation is for communists

You were just born in the wrong time. In the early 1900s, most american cities had extremely robust streetcar systems in place.

how the fuck am i supposed to walk from oakland to san francisco in a reasonable amount of time?

DC was great when I was last there. Granted, that was like 2007, but it can't have deteriorated that much

ok

Boston's public transportation system is very good.

>Philly
Babby's first transit system

This serves a city of ~6 million

he's right you know

They have high enough population densities to justify it even with intense post-WW2 auto lobbying. Same with SF and a few other cities.

>living in LA

Honestly though, I'd kind of rather sit in traffic in my own car than have to be sharing transportation with plebs

>implying it's only LA
Almost every major US city, including the ones with decent public transit, goes into total gridlock from ~4pm to 8 pm m8

Boston and DC have good public transport
Philly is alright
LA is absolute shit tier, nothing but a bad subway
I heard SF is good

>NY
>good transportation
I guess comparatively, but that's only because so many other places is shit.
MTA is far from "good"

Don't live in a shitty sprawling city m8. Small cities are the way to go. Also LA is 100x worse than, say, Dallas. I can't think of anywhere as bad as LA actually

Anything over 50,000 has god-awful traffic m8. Have you ever actually been over here?

Yes. I'm guessing you're from California? California traffic is not typical. I wanted to kill myself after dealing with LA traffic but in the rest of the county it's not a problem at all. Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle were three big cities that are easy to get around. I don't know what cities you've been to bit I've never had a traffic problem in a city of 100k other than tourist destination or college town on move in day

why do murricans think """""public""""" transportation is a commie thing?

Does the chicago gun violence spill onto public transport?

are you actually spanish? cause what u said is 100% true

Chicago gun violence is exclusive to south side chicago gang violence. You never hear white people getting shot there

Yes but I have lived in the US.

This, its complicated as fuck and there are stations where rats roam around

Source: youtube videos and news

I live in San Jose. Public transportation is pretty good here tbqh pham. Not as good as SF tho.

"California traffic" is mostly just a media meme. You can find yourself sitting motionless for an hour or more in most any midwestern/northeastern city if you're brave enough to go out in the late afternoon hours. Western cities (excl. CA) tend to be slightly better, but they're exceptions to the rule

They're americans, what do ypu expect? Common sense? Those retards voted for an inbred fuck who thinks climate change is a china invention and that vaccines cause autism

LA is by far worse than any other city I've driven in. I haven't been on the east coast though so you could be right. Still, that's why I prefer living in a city around 100k population
Why do latinos have such a massive inferiority complex over Americans?

But its true, you fucking cani, look it up

No. Even though South Siders can theoretically travel to the North Side to do their thing, they never do. In fact, most people from the 'hood have never been Downtown in their lives.

Nyc transportation is great in the morning but literally fucktarded in the evening

One night I'm trying to get home and 6 of the same train that I didn't need passed with 7-8 minutes between each other. That's an extreme case but still

A Mexican calling America dumb would be like me calling Norway poor.

This is why im talking about, why they have a special schedule and specific line transitions when you can buy lines with trains that go back and forth every 4 min? Just like in mexico city, its a proper system but its saturated as fuck

Come on man, you know theyre straight out retarded

>SF
Muni is never on time and always smells mike urine. Muni sucks.

CTA is nice, I just wish more lines ran 24hrs

Is BART in San Francisco any good?

Also, does anyone say "San Fran" or is that cringey? Because it sounds so.

Because Americans don't want to ride public transportation with poor minorities.

>The country that went to the moon
>actually has a functioning economy
>doesn't behead people and display them on overpasses

No no you're right...we're the stupid ones.

sorry, but you're paying.

>streetcars
Not really much better than buses if they run in mixed traffic, normies just like them for the aesthetics

A metro area of ~6 million. No one cares if Bucks county exurbs don't have good transit

what is public transit like in your country?
or are you the tourist who posted in /carib/ earlier