I am legitimately not trolling, this is not a bad film and It's hard to argue it is

I am legitimately not trolling, this is not a bad film and It's hard to argue it is..

But..after watching it again 2 years later,, holy fucking shit the quips and bants do not stop. Like DO. NOT. stop.
There's like 2 serious conversations that aren't broken up by some kind of joke or sidetracked for jokes.

I apologize for defending it so hard in that regard when it first released.
Maybe it's just because I knew when the jokes were coming and had already seen it 3 or 4 times, but so much of them fall flat. Even for like Avengers it's a lot of quips. It didn't occur to me just how heavy it is with it until this viewing for some reason.

Anyway, do you guys still like it as much as you did in summer 2014?

>turning coat this easy
you weakwilled motherfucker

He didn't say he hated it, just that he admits almost the whole of the movies dialogue is jokes.

Its actually a surprisingly flawed movie.

Any tension in the final confrontation is completely ruined by a LITERAL FUCKING DANCE OFF

Poor characterisation. Gamorra is repeatedly described as a cold-blooded assassin. Not only is she not shown to do be an assassin, she is also shown to be too good of a person. She gets angry with Starlord for wanting to sell the Infinity Gem despite supposedly being cold-blood. She also accuses him of being dishonourable despite working for a man who massacres civillians

Ronin is also described as a deadly maniac, but we never see him do anything except kill one guy at the beginning. He has a lazy fight with Drax but we never really get to see what he is capable off. There isn't even a major confrontation with him at the end, they just immediately fire a missile at him then dissolve with the gem (after a LITERAL FUCKING DANCE OFF)

Too many villains. They really should have condensed their actions into fewer characters

Too many quips. I know this is a bit of a meme criticism and I know it is just marvel's style. There is nothing wrong with a few quips to make the film funny. But they put them into moments that ruin the tone. After Groot's 'death', they really should have held off on the quips until after the conflict was resolved (LITERAL FUCKING DANCE OFF). Many moments were too self-aware ("great, now we are all standing in a circle like a bunch of idiots). There is nothing wrong with playing emotional moments straight without compromising them with a joke.

It isn't bad but I don't like it as much as I did on release weekend.

You seriously don't realize that Gammorah's cold-blooded killer assassin reputation is just wrong? She's tricked Thanos into believing she's loyal to him while she's actually working against him, of course your average person is also going to think she's a cold-blooded killer.

>dance off
>only one person is dancing, no competition at all
>literal
I wish the meme form of using 'literal' and 'literally' would die already, it didn't used to be a word you just stick in whenever you wanted to highlight or emphasis the next thing you're about to say.

The are a lot of jokes. A lot of them don't land to well either.

People joke about capeshit being for kids, but this movie is literally, unashamedly for kids.

The character Rocket exists for the sole purpose of making kids laugh. A lot of the jokes are made just for kids.

I'm not saying this makes it bad, quite the contrary, but it explains why, to an older audience, the jokes seem a bit relentless, and why not all of them land. For once you arent the target audience, and you're gonna notice it.

DANCE OFF, BRO!

Its hardly a false use of literal like most people do. He LITERALLY challenges him to a dance-off. He LITERALLY then starts dancing while LITERALLY encouraging other people to join in.

>Guardians of the galaxy was released 2 years ago

What have you done with your lives?

Who are you responding to?

It was "okay". I was really entertained as a popcorn flick when I watched it, but I'm a big comic fan, so I had a lot of problems with it.

1) Star Lord's comic book costume is infinitely better than the shit they used in this movie. It was baller as fuck.

2) Gamora is supposed to be sexy as hell. The movie makes her look like a poorly painted negress. Her giant potato nose constantly broke my suspension of disbelief in every scene. It was repugnant.

3) Drax was made to be hyper autistic to take everything literally for no reason, on top of being nerfed to shit. He was literally created to 1v1 and kill Thanos in the comics. He wouldn't get slapped like a little baby by Ronan. And they set up the whole explanation about the brain goo vat, and he even gets knocked into it, so I thought they were going to have him come out all sleek and smaller but stronger like in the comics, but it was just "nope he got slimed LOL"

4) You go to the trouble of setting up the Nova Corps but you don't have any single fucking teaser or nod about, you know, NOVA. Even if they were like "Nova is busy doing some other shit", it would have been good enough.

On the plus side, I was actually really impressed with how they handled Rocket. I was expecting him to be the worst part and he actually was a damn fine adaptation of the comic Rocket.

They could have also expanded a little bit on the other space races to explain exactly why Ronan is a dick. You'd be a little overly aggressive about Kree purity too if you had survived multiple attempted genocides of your people by crazy shapeshifting mindfucks and giant zerg babies.

As opposed to a metaphorical dance off? The 'literal' is redundant to anyone with an above average (and sans trolling). 'He challenged him to a dance off' is the same as 'he challenged him to a literal dance off'. Find better words to add emphasis, if the only one you have is 'literally' you again suffer from that below average IQ.

Quit a terrible job and went back to school. It's not hard, user.

I think me.

But my point is it isn't a literal dance off because no one else is dancing. Like how there's always that homeless guy that jerks off at the train stop. He might making catcalls and encouraging people to join him while he masturbates in public, but that doesn't make it an orgy. He's just the crazy asshole. That's Star-Lord. It's not like Ronan started dancing, Gamora looks at him like he's retarded. The fate of the galaxy was not decided by a "literal dance off." It was just a trick Star-Lord used to buy Rocket some time.

I didn't even like it as much when I watched it again when it came out on blu ray.
I feel the same way about pretty much every Marvel movie I've seen in the cinema.

>tfw a fucking Disney animated film handled tension and build-up better than a live action capeshit film produced by Disney

I mean Zootopia is great an all, but it still says a lot about the modern Marvel capeshit.

You realize it's a comedy right?

Disney are masters at making films that, when viewed in a theatre with a crowd, manage to get everyone amped up so the experience is good and you think that equates to a good, if not great, film.

Flash forward to watching the movie at home, and you realize that the film has lots of flaws you overlooked the first time because you were swept up in the atmosphere.

It no longer matters, though, since Disney has your shekels.

It was like this with Frozen, Marvel, and The Force Awakens (I saw the latter a few weeks after it was out so the crowd weren't all rabid fanboys.... it was really quiet). Mediocre films elevated by mob mentality.

ITT: Manchildren complaining comic movies also appeals to children

I agree it is a shit movie. It is not even entertaining

We couldn't be more different. An 'amped' theater ruins movies for me, it made TFA seem like a constant farce with all the laughing. When I saw TFA weeks later at home, previously cringe inducing or tone deaf moments were smoothed down from annoying quips to snappy phrasing. Poe's first line to Kylo about who talks first and the stormtroopers turning away from Kylo's little fit were two moments I genuinely thought were tone deaf, overly humorous shit moments crammed into a Star Wars movie without belonging. But without an audience losing its mind at every little bit of levity, those moments are come across more subtly for me, and thus more consistent with the tone of the movie.

I've always thought it was overrated. Not a bad movie but not as good as everyone was hyping it up to be either.

It's actually very by-the-numbers once you get past the fact that it's an adaptation of a lesser known comic book 'superhero' team.

>watching movies more than once
it will never be as good as it was that first time, so why?

Eh, I disagree. It was the awkward silence when TFA tried to be funny that, for me, only added to my distaste to the film.

I mean, my theatre was pretty quiet (surprisingly) with Zootopia save for a few moments, but I still found myself laughing and loving the movie all the same. TFA's jokes were just annoyingly quippy and really made the film seem like a Marvel movie in Star Wars wrapping (a point another user said word-for-word when describing TFA yesterday I believe).

le funneh xd