Whats Sup Forumss opinion on "esports" ??

Whats Sup Forumss opinion on "esports" ??

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4534511/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I personally think it is highly retarded but if people find entertainement in it, good for them

no different to conventional sports in regards to social and psychological benefits, but it's unhealthy otherwise.

I think its the next step in evolution from sports. Now people can shoot each other and not get hurt. A lot better than "her der muh football brain damage"

esports is a retarded name. That's like calling chess a boardsport

ppl good enough to play sports for a living
ppl good enough to play music for a living
ppl good enough to draw/pain for a living
ppl good enough to write stories for a living
ppl good enough to act for a living

ppl good enough to play a game for a living?
>WASTE OF TIME
>GET A LIFE
>ITS JUST VIDEO GAMES
>PEOPLE WATCH PEOPLE PLAY GAMES?

he he sneaky is such a nice memer

I'm glad autistic kids have something to compete in beside paralympics.

Chess is a boardsport.

And yet many of them make a lot more than talented artists, musicians, and athletes.

Maybe, but musician can play all his life while this kid has 5 years max.

good for them

if people want to make good money, they should do something in an industry that makes good money.

... Most athletes don't earn as much as he does
and most athletes won't last half as long as he already did

I call BS on that. After 7 years, no college, no working experience, he will be dumpster-diving with niggers.

mental fitness lasts much longer than physical fitness.
If you're an athlete you're completely fucked when you reach 30. You have it far worse than any esports player ever could have.

good to throw a game and earn decent cash from betting on it

except for the millions of dollars they'll have to take care of themselves when they retire at 35. Maybe a couple esporters might touch that somewhere

professional Esport player here.
Started playing Quake at a very young age, Im 24 now and have advanced carpal tunnel syndrome and cant play as good anymore.

its straight kush

>athletes are completely fucked when they reach 30

lol? Average age:

NHL: 27.5
NBA 26.8
NFL: 25.6
MLB: 28.8
MLS: 28

Majority of skilled enough athletes play well into their 30s and retire healthy and fit. Not 'completely fucked.' They're a hell of a lot healthier than you.

the average athlete earns nowhere near that... Not even the top 1% earns anywhere near that much. It's a couple of hundred people on this planet who earn that much money from doing sport.

you are some type of austistic nerd if you believe that... fuck man Jerry Rice didnt retire until he was 42... just because most pro athletes career's decline around 28-30 doesnt mean its over...

I like watching it to learn to get better and some games are pretty good. Rocket
League is fun to watch and a simple concept but always goes down to the wire.

A couple hundred people? LMAO. Ya'll need to do some research before arguing dumb shit like this.

Numbers of players in the league earning more than 1M

NBA: 243
NHL: 434
NFL: 928
MLB: 572

And that's just North America.

based on a career perspective, they're fucked. And you are cherry picking your athletes as well. The VAST majority of athletes don't ever end up being able to retire after they have to retire "well into their 30s" (as if that was an accomplishment).
And I might not be able to run as fast as your average athlete, but I'm just as healthy and will probably live longer than most of them.

These are a couple of hundred people. Literally. They're not thousands upon thousands. As a %, it's nothing. Your average athlete is a piss-poor, badly educated dude who thinks his hobby can become his career. Esports is just as bad, however the difference is that people can see it with esports but just ignore it with normal sports.

"I gave a couple of examples therefore his argument is invalid hurr durr"
Your average athlete is on a declining path after the age of 30.

Lol, no. The average career length is rather low because they don't have the sport specific skill & talent to stay in the top league. Look at any player who doesn't make it in the NHL, they continue playing for over 10 years in some Euro league. They don't just crumble up into dust and die. They're healthy as fuck, well rounded human beings. I don't think you understand how being athletic relates to life expectancy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4534511/

>an shoot eac

Yeah, like Poker is a sport.
Office work is a sport too.

Fuckin self-entitled faggots.

Because it's difficult to maintain an elite performance as you age AGAINST players who are presently in their prime? Obviously if you took a year crop of athletes and made them compete against eachother for 30 years you wouldn't see that decline. Just because they can't dominate a league anymore against opposition half their age doesn't mean that their career is over and they are unhealthy and won't live a long life / you outliving them, unless it's the NFL due to brain damage.

I listed 2000 people in North America, out of the 400 million alive.

>theres only a couple hundred athletes making millions doing sport in the world

uh no theres over 20x that in NA alone

>yeah like I said, a couple hundred lol

seems to me like you're the badly educated one

when you compare all athletes to all non-athletes of course the athletes will win out
if you take out all the unhealthy fuckers who can't be bothered to do some sort of sport a couple of times a week there is no advantage to spending all your time working out.
Spending 40 hours per week working out really is worse for your health than just doing it for 7 hours. You're more susceptible to illnesses, you're exhausted more frequently, more likely to have joint issues when you're older and there are obvious physical risks involved with playing rugby all day as well.

That's the point??
You grow old --> you're no longer competitive --> no team wants you --> your career is fucked

they WILL have to get a new job almost all of the time seeing as your average athlete earns fuck all

and they have no actual skills to offer since they spent all their childhood playing games instead of educating themselves.

okay lemme spell it out for you real slow

average athlete: Fuck all earnings, fuck all education, fuck all career after 10 years

in comparison to the amount of athletes that compete, even having 100,000 people being billionaires wouldn't make up for the fact that the rest is piss-poor without any useful skills

You're so dumb I feel like you might actually be an aspiring athlete :O

Eh I watch em when I got nothing else to do with my life...(which is very often)