Misogyny in rap is given a pass because ______

Misogyny in rap is given a pass because ______

muh dick

black peobl cant be misogynist :DDD

t. American liberal

who cares

hot chicks love bbc

there was a tweet I saw where some girl was like "ugh it's so racist you guys are criticizing hip hop as sexist when white indie is way more sexist" and used beat happening and weezer and mbv as examples

and it got like 2k retweets

the kind of people who listen to hip hop don't care about misogyny

because we all still grew up in patriarchy and so when we like something we think its ok to try and make excuses for it

because people who care about meme-rap are 12-year-old edgelords who couldn't possibly give a fuck about misogyny?

misogyny is part of black culture and what makes them beautiful

Not true. Young Thug's biggest demographic is probably sheltered white SJW hipsters.

only children listen to rap

They're not white

Misogyny does NOT get a pass in rap music.
Misogyny is NEVER okay.
Misogynists are cowards who bully women because of their own insecurities.

Except it does. Look at how Pitchfork turns a blind eye to it in all their rap reviews.

think of it as a compliment, "She suck on that dick on the plane and I just called her airhead (ooo, eee!) -young thug (with them) that's fucking dope, and who wouldn't appreciate getting top on a plane. stop lying to yourself and have some fun.

Death Metal beat them to it by about 30 years

that's why im kinda tired of hiphop now, i cant tolerate it anymore

Black culture can't be criticized for some reason.

only a white person from the suburbs would think this. go to any city in the southeast and look who's listening to young thug if that's what you think

niggers

its not sincere

^ that could have been addressed to also. Yall both don't know what you're talking about

how are beat happening and mbv sexist?

blacks still subscribe to machismo and chauvinism. people that listen to rap know they're listening to a distorted reality from that person's perspective. it's like how women cream themselves over tv characters that are generally sexist douchebags

White people are retarded and black people are evil.

Because girls listen to rap so guys assume it's ok. Not sure why chicks don't mind, probably because it's just the shit they deal with day to day

word black culture is never criticized on the internet, that's why this thread doesn't contain the word nigge-

oh wait lol

Because fuck hoes

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

Because the mainstream left doesn't give a shit about racism/sexism/homophobia/et. al past the extent that it can be used to bash the mainstream right.

Mainstream right-wingers don't like rap music, so it's not useful to call it out.

its funny

Misogyny in music in general is given a pass because it is art (at least in America).

Just because Pitchfork doesn't like it doesn't mean it's actually banned or something. And plenty of people complained about rap misogyny back in the 90s/early 2000s.

America's white guilt phase

this

Reminder that Young Thug is a good and exciting artist, and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong

I don't care about 'misogyny' in any genre, it's just words, it doesn't matter. The fact that people care about song lyrics while forgetting about shit like Chris Brown viciously beating a woman is amazingly hypocritical to me

What about Nick Cave

Black people are savages. It's just not realistic to expect civility from them.

Liberals don't think highly of blacks, so don't hold them to the same expectations they do everyone else.

because fuck it man i'd listen to racist music if it sounded good.

but most racist music is super derivative and shitty.

Only whites can be sexist.

black people can do no wrong in modern USA due to libtard white guilt

It's not given a pass. People criticize it all the time.

more like because the hoards of fabled racists libtards have a cry circle over don't exist and the minuscule amount of people who actually believe in this 1488 muh mustard race aren't bright enough to make good music.

White power by screwdriver was bretty gud, but I don't consider nationalist bands like screwdriver racist

I personally don't see the value or creativity in any hip hop that's about money/women/drugs. That shit is so fucking boring and base. Most misogynist rap sucks so I don't care.

but racism is like a main pillar of nationalism, what the fuck are you on about?

blacks are held to a lesser standard than whites

/thread

moving goal posts

Take a look at My Bloody Valentine's most famous work; "When You Sleep" (as a phrase alone) has very sinister implications; "Blown A Wish" never even strives to imply let alone confirm the consent of the Wish's recipient; "I Only Said" is a staple phrase in any mansplainer's vocabulary; women are constantly dismissed as "Only Shallow" by begrudging males in the perceived friend-zone - this is a pretty disgusting demonstration of the normalisation or victim role reversal; "Loomer", "Soon", "What You Want" and "Touched" invoke extremely problematic imagery; "Come In Alone" is seriously disgusting and hopefully shouldn't need explaining and here comes the worst offender; their much beloved (by white males across the globe) "Sometimes" creates a drugged, sleepy soundscape and litters it with phrases of assault and male entitlement ("Close your eyes// Feel me NOW") -- let that settle in for a minute if you have to.

Let's not even begin to delve into how gross their name itself is or their (thankfully) lesser received works "MBV" and "Isn't Anything". There aren't trigger warnings on the planet large enough for those tactless messes. "Several Girls Galore"? YUCK.

they are not white

of blacks

OMG THIS!
Only whites(specifically males) can be sexist

damn this is quality pasta

either way, sometimes art is ugly. no sense shielding an artist's psyche because some Colgate University women's studies major said so. if that were the case we'd be listening to the wiggles

Upperclass liberals legit don't understand the lyrics.

what do you listen to?

rap has always tried to stay honest. You fuckers care about misogyny when they talk about gang violence and drug trafficking like wtf. They can rap about whatever they want and for a lot of these guys there experiences with women are limited to the random hookers they fuck xanned out with a limp dick in bathrooms at 3 am on a monday. It's just the reality. I swear to God there's only one of me and these bitches 3 deep like a trident.

Prove to me that mysoginy is inherently a bad thing.

fpbp

man fuck you. the word nigger isn't a criticism of black culture, it is a racial epithet repeated by jackasses from the depths of their basement. cuck sjws like you who shy away from constructive criticisms because

>nigger

are ruining everthing

fuck!! lmao

it is offensive to a huge part of the population

And why is that bad?

Not memeing, genuinely want to understand why they can't toughen up/ ignore it.

>racism is like a main pillar of nationalism
source?

we can not prove that any morals have any degree of objectivity. all we know is how people react to events. when people react with rage, disdain, or displeasure, it is often evident they are being treated with less what they feel they deserve. again, no one can objectively prove anyone deserves anything. but sociological and socioeconomic power structures have often resulted in a lesser degree of prosperity. see: feudalism, communism, fascism, oligarchy, racism, etc.

Misogyny in any genre gets a pass from me.
Misandry in any genre gets a pass from me.
Any hateful, despicable thing gets a pass from me, because I'm not a coward who hides from words.

>beat happening
holy shit what
calvin is like the biggest cuck i know
he signed a ton of shitty riot grrrl bands to K and he's a respected figure in the PNW indie scene (besides not paying denbts of course), which may as well be a commie breeding ground

/thread

>mark kozelek calls a p4k reporter a bitch
>they will never run any even remotely positive story about him again, he can kiss ever even thinking of getting BNM again goodbye, they barely even gave RHP albums good reviews when they got issued
>[insert generic trap rapper or kanye here] and the slew of colorful language they use for women
>instant 8.3 or higher BNM, BNTs out the ass, seem to just ignore any hint of misogyny in the music
really activates my almonds

Hearty kek desu

Niggas ain't pussy, straight up. Latin dude here, and I'm well aware that I treat this girl I'm fucking worse than her ex-boyfriend. She broke up with him for "disrespecting her sister" (lmfao), and I straight dog this chick every day. Like, I'll even check other women out in front of her and she'll just playfully punch me on the arm and say "you're so baaaad."

I don't get white guys. Their average height is close enough to black guys, and they look as good or better than latin guys. The fuck happened there?

hating human-beings on the basis of something they can't control + has no effect on you can not be morally justified.

Therefore Misogyny is wrong.

I don't even now why I'm bothering to explain this to you if your to thick headed to figure it out.

>gave Down Colorful Hill the same score as fucking Barter 6
Really fired my neurons family
Thank god based Mark doesn't care and will be okay

Because people who like hip hop (like myself) tend to black/brown and all we want to do is stick are dicks in everything.
Seriously. Look at Hispanic population growth. We don't stop fucking. Well have like 4 kids 3 different mothers and they'll each have 4 kids with 3 different fathers. I have 2 cousins that our pregnant right now. I had one cousin who was about to have a baby before she miscarried like 3 weeks ago.

All are dads taught us to stick it while you can, all the women's mothers taught them how to put makeup on at 15 so guys would fuck them ..

>Misogyny in rap is given a pass because ______

Because it exists in damn near every male dominated genre you stupid fuck.

You feel me famm?

>>gave Down Colorful Hill the same score as fucking Barter 6
user, i...

That's it
Don't go to Pitchfork tomorrow

i'm not even a Sup Forumsfag, i'm a liberal and i agree with this.

being black protects artists from criticism. even if they do something really bad, like how azaelia banks is a fucking psycho and racist in her own right, and chris brown is a woman beater, the media will be outraged for a few weeks then everything will be swept under the rug.

Wow you guys are fucking butthurt. The two albums are not even comparable. They just happen to have near-identical scores because the reviewers thought they deserved those scores. Nobody sat down and said "LET'S INTENTIONALLY GIVE BARTER 6 THE SAME SCORE AS THIS OTHER ALBUM"

Fukken lol

Its not about the inherent value of misogyny, it's about the hipocresy/stupiduty that is implied in

>considering oneself a non-misogynist
>not being criticial (or not even aware, in cases) about the fact that artists one listens to are misogynist

>can't even spell correctly

here is your average Sup Forumsfag ladies and gents

go to bed young thug

top post

Most girls want to be treated badly by alpha males and most males are jealous of alpha males

ITT: Kids who grew up in the 2000s

Anyone who was born in the 80s-90s knows damn well that rap music has never gotten a free pass for its treatment of women. On the other hand, almost everything that has been said about misogyny in rap music has already been said.

>I don't get white guys.
Morals, and not necessarily wanting to fuck everything
But maybe that's just me

Why knowingly treat somebody like a piece of shit?

Is this b8?

Wait nvm read it wrong, thought you were implying that black people should be free from criticism because of white guilt. Sorry my dude

It's more that I can't believe that they would give an objectively terrible throwaway trap album almost the same score as what is, and I'm being objective here so don't try and come at me with your peonic "opinions", literally the best album ever made and probably will be until the end of time.

every breathing day it becomes more and more clear that black people should be exterminated

Does anyone have that fake infograph with all the white rappers?
1980's: beastie boys invent rap
1990's: eminem and vanilla ice perfect rap
2000's: lil wayne and kanye ruin rap with drugs and sexism
2010's: Macklemore saves rap.
Thought I had it saved but can't find it :(

for the same reason sexism is given a pass in metal and industrial and experimental and shit like nick cave and tom waits and god knows how many confessional singer songwriters oh and country and goth rock and every other "extreme" form of music but sure let's make it about race

The patriarchy isn't a thing anymore in the West and you're retarded for thinking it is.
We have a song about how powerful and independent women are every week and they usually sell like crazy. Stay deluded.
>women like rap because they got used to sexism
You can't be that retarded. Women like rap because it sounds catchy and pleasant to the ears, most people don't care about lyrics. It's like saying that a black dude must like Johnny Rebel because he lives in a white supremacy.

>hating human-beings on the basis of something they can't control + has no effect on you can not be morally justified.
And? That shit happens to everyone, including men, all the time.

because middle-upper class white people are given a pass on life

most people in the U.S. in general couldn't give two shits about social issues, including women. unless everything else in the song is shit and there's no subtlety to anything than they won't care what the lyrics are.

really the only people who care that much are self-righteous losers who wanna get brownie points and claim that all women are brainwashed by the evil patriarchy for liking shit they don't like and act like artistic freedom (yes, even if it's hateful) is a bad thing.