Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kgm8mSOox7I
youtube.com/watch?v=gRwJQXCyE38
youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GO_Transit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

delete this

it's all real, don't listen to the leaf's lies

pls come to Poland and see butifel authentic medieval buildings and spend lots of money

good bred

>authentic
You can't trick me. It's all concrete and rebar underneath. Though I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily.

I don't believe it's real.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kgm8mSOox7I

Can't trick this leaf.

How can I find a Polish builder who will build me a house like that? I have money.

Before

After :^)

Fucking hell, looks like the opening of a Monty Python movie.

I love the bulky euro-style buildings built in the new world.

the real thing is better tb h

meanwhile in Serbia

yes but does it look spooky in the dark?

wow that's pretty spooky

not as much as picrel though

England

Wow, thats just depressing, but not as depressing as milton keynes

This place must be great for Parkour

Reminds me a lot of how our current ideas regarding neo-classic aesthetics were largely based on white marbles which had originally been painted in rather garish colors, I think we've runied more than a few public spaces as well with the same type of paint jobs in Mexico. IMHO it kinda also aplies here those buildings would look so much better in subdued color schemes.

I'm not against bright colors per se, I think pictured is a good example of how it can work, but really it doesn't mix well with some styles.

why?
this hurts.

"little London"

:^)

I used to live right next to that place.

Estuve leyendo algo sobre los esfuerzos por recuperar la colonia, viviendo en el sur (del Valle) no creo que haya estado por ahí mas de dos o tres veces en mi vida.

Oh God that skybridge

it's called "arch"itecture for a reason

there should be a law where you cannot call a building which doesn't have an arch architecture

call it squarechitecture when there's no arch

you aren't funny

it's not a joke

i bet nobody in the world can even do this type of thing

I don't get it why people mock the Poles for this. When you live in a historic city you can't allow modern shit to be an eyesore right in the middle of your city.

I live in Bruges, here we're really though on anything built within the city borders, and every facade is protected.

is anyone mocking them? I think it looks great, east euros are building fresh classical stuff

That's in Mexico friend

so what?

fuck of frog i liked it

I dunno, you may want to credit where the stuff you're posting is from? Your first pic is specifically labeled as Portuguese so I assumed your first was south Brazil or that your third was Portugal on just going casually through the thread.

By all means do use our architecture as an example man but since "banter" is a big thing here I'm just saying it would make for good form.

*your second pic is specifically labeled

the names of those were as i found it. I am too lazy to label all i save, so i don't now where some of these places are

>this joke
Sad!

Patrician taste detected

bump, nice thread

Nice cherry picking

These are really cool.

You're the one cherry picking. Detroit is being turned back into a prairie. The people who work in those towers commute from the burbs.

reeee

rude

I think these are some of the oldest buildings in Paris.

How it that cherrypicking? He posted a night skyline of Hiroshima next to a vacant building. I posted a night skyline of Detroit and that's cherry picking? No..

This would be cherrypicking

He said builder, not plumber

>He posted a night skyline of Hiroshima next to a vacant building.

Detroit has vacant skyscrapers.
youtube.com/watch?v=gRwJQXCyE38

Also fyi, I've been to Detroit.
This is the norm:
youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE

Go street view Hiroshima. It's not nearly as nice as you seem to think. I'd rather live in Detroit.
>Norm
>Hood
Kill yourself

>Kill yourself

>>Norm
>>Hood
Detroit is 85% "hood." See pic.

>I'd rather live in Detroit.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Detroit is one of the blackest cities in North America. It's across the river from Windsor (Canada). As you drive through it, it's mostly boarded up stores, grassland and burned out houses.

I really hate american city designs. They're so car-centric. Public transportation, bicycle lanes and sidewalks in general don't get nearly as much attention in the street plans. It's just so annoying because you're basically fucked if you can't afford a car. American cities therefore consist 90% out of highway space. All that room could've been used for pedestrians and cyclists. They take up alot less space and can make cities alot more compact and attractive.

Also why do all american cities have to have skyscrapers crammed together in the centre of the city? It just looks so cold, shadowy and gloomy.

Wrocław

>I really hate american city designs. They're so car-centric.

Me too. I live in one of the rare north american cities (Toronto) that still has a street car system.

kc tire

I can't believe the Serbian government is really this stupid. They want to gentrifie a somewhat bohemian neighbourhood in Belgrade with some incredibly expensive hotels, appartments and a giant shopping mall. All in this ugly modern style that doesn't fit the old centre that mainly consists out of old Austrian architecture. Also there already are two other shopping malls who are both just a 10/15 minute drive from the planned neighbourhood. All the while the most interesting part of the city will be torned down for some rich elites.

The dumbest part is however how incredibly expensive the project is going to be. The Serbian people expected that some Arabian investment company would pay for most of the construction costs. However most of the 3.5 billion dollar investment will be payed by the Serbian taxpayer while most of the profits will go to the emirati company.

The construction plans also broke alot of city planning regulations. So they just changed hundreds of plans and laws just to make this project come to fruition. Thousands of people started protesting against during the offical unveiling but they just parked a tram between the protestors and the journalists.

Funnily enough almost no newssite reported alot about the protests, probably because the prime minister has placed his greasy fingers in every part of Serbian society.

They are pretty shitty. Most urban planners know this, but nothing is really being done about.

There is some attempts, but they are tiny band aids on a gunshot wound.

How is the public transportation between cities?

When i get rich, i will start a construction company and eventually get enough money to buy a square and (with public funds of course) make a plaza like this

It will be great

In Southern Ontario, there is Go Transit:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GO_Transit

The trains and buses are fairly infrequent.

That looks butifel. Good luck appropriating public funds.

Wish I was a billionaire just so I could promote traditional architecture and urban planning.

Shitty sprawl and modernism is just marketed better, in fact so many people here in burger can't conceive of cities without cars.

The game is rigged man

>hotels
Aren't European cities destinations partly because of their architecture? This plan seems self-defeating.

I can't believe someone thought that it would be a good idea to put not one but TWO giant interchanges right in the centre of Chicago.

Looks like a decent enough company. Is it a reliable alternative for the car?

>Is it a reliable alternative for the car?
Go Train schedules are designed around working hours. The trains dump you at work in the morning and then take you back after work. It's not convenient if you have odd hours at work or university.

I live within the limits of the Toronto transit system though (TTC) which is definitely a good alternative to a car.

Is anyone else here actually an architect?

Are you sure you don't want to revitalize some of that beautiful good old Brasilian modernism? I know Brasilia is a overly and badly planned city because of that style but it really makes for some great looking eye candy.

probably not. What is the reasoning behind making the building in your pic? Literally why

I'll leave the ones who think it looks good deal with it, it's better that way

>/brutalism/

I dunno, desu. I learned about it in a lecture at some point. Like radical community inter-connectivity or something?

Moshe Safdie is a weird dude. I like this building he did better

I am what architects would probably consider a pleb, I just like the stuff that blends in and streets that feel cozy desu
and arches, arches are very good we need more arches

who else /comfy/ here?

so you are broke and you want to meet up with your friend, but neither has any idea what do, but want to meet anyway
when there is a monument in your city say:
>hey let's meet at the glorious monument
when there isn't one:
>?????

why do you ask