You are allowed to change one event in history. Which event would you change and what would be the impact?

You are allowed to change one event in history. Which event would you change and what would be the impact?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When the first male/female appears on earth brutally murder them so that humanity never appears. What happens : the earth isn't destroyed

Wish Hitler would have succeeded in taking over Europe, then maybe most Europeans wouldn't be such pussies.

Would prevent the stabbing of julius Caesar.

Assasinate Mohammed and prevent the spread of the Koran

Invest $1000 in Microsoft way back when, so I'd be a billionaire today.

I would stop the the Cymbrian flood from happening.

The results would be a possible avoidance of the Dark Ages and increased stability that may have lead to the Roman Empire sustaining for another thousand years.

The impact on society, science, and technical advancement could have made conditions in 1300-1400 look like conditions in 1900-2000. Ponder that for a moment.

Result: you are a billionaire.

Result: Hitler is assassinated anyway by his inner circle.

Stop the invention of the font Papyrus.
It may have prevented this shitty thread.

Nazi high command puts Hitler in a position of "symbolic" power in 1940; does not invade Russia; does not overstretch themselves.

Result: Christianity vs. Islam becomes Christianity vs. Zoroastrianism courtesy of the Neo-Persian empire.

Result: Caesar is assassinated at his coronation as first Roman Emperor.

Is this thread not worth today's technology??

Muhammed and his followers would be slain as they retreated from Mecca
Result: No Islam

Result: World War II is not prevented, and in fact drags on half again as long. Atomic weapons programs for all relevant late-war powers vastly accelerated.

Result: see , but Islam survives to become a little-known fringe cult.

Holy Shit!! Father time is in this thread!! What's up dogg??

I got no idea what that is but I am intrigued
What is Zoroastrianism?
>My face.png

I would seed strife among the Germanic warlords that would otherwise have brought the fall of the Roman empire, causing them to fall apart from the inside. This would allow the glorious Roman army to mop up whatever was left after the infighting took its toll, and restore order to western Europe.

Arguably the most advanced civilization the world had yet seen, the time's military and economic juggernaut, would continue unimpeded by its largest threat. Who knows what would have come of it by now?

Judaism becoming the religion of the Khazars

Good; wasn't trying to prevent it, only to prevent the Nazi's self-implosion.

Internet is and can never be invented.

The religion Christianity & many others is based off of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

You didn't seriously think the Jews invented Monotheism, did you? Even the Egyptians flirted with it in the form of the Sun God Atun.

Early monotheistic religion. Freddie Mercury followed it.

No I don't, I just don't read a lot about old religions

The 3rd Reich still loses the war. Attrition is the cause instead of implosion.

On the plus side, Germany's territorial map looks a hell of a lot different.

Would prevent my birth. Would literally change nothing.

/feels.

Result: Rome is preserved, but under the Greek-influenced Eastern Rome.

Invalid.

During ww2 have Allies include Germany. Italy and Japan started ww2

Eh, could be worse. The Byzantines seem to have done pretty well for themselves after the West went to shit.

Not possible due to France.

Indeed.

I wouldn't dump my first gf. Effect? I'd be happy now.

Ouch

Ok, what about this.... Japan successfully invades China shortly after the advent of gunpowder and effectively stifles the development of firearms. Melee combat remains the most effective way to make people you don't like dead at least until Europe gets its hands on the crossbow, and Japan gains a beachhead on mainland Asia, along with a sizable empire.