I tap 2 colorless and 2 white and play this. There is nothing you can do to stop it!

I tap 2 colorless and 2 white and play this. There is nothing you can do to stop it!

Actual literal counterspell

Force of will

/Thread
Also /thread

With Knowledge as my weapon, I am quite the opponent.
>atheist counters "gods" wrath

Filename

Mana drain, you done homie.

My turn, I sacrifice a thrull token.

Here comes Lord of the Pit.

7/7 flying trample.

Suck it bitch.

the other day i saw a mtg thread on here and the cards these days are so overpowered to fuck
back when i was playing you paid 2GG for a 2/2 with first strike and forestwalk

now you pay 1GG for a 5/2 with trample and first strike

totally retarded. today wrath of god probably costs 1W and then goes back to your hand.

I stopped playing after Ice Age. Everything went retarded.

Go ahead.

i played until mirage and tempest block. there were a lot of powerful cards and some dumb combos, but nothing like this shit they got these days apparently. i dont even know why they play

No but it is uncountable. Creatures are more powerful while spells/mana are weaker. You can complain all you want about crazy powerful Creatures but I'll be laughing my ass of when I combo off turn 1 with black lotus, yawgmoths will, dark ritual, ancestral vision, my moxen, necropotence and tendrils of agony. Non of which were printed in modern sets. But yeah go ahead and complain about power creep.

good example there, for 8 colorless you get a 10/10, really? what the fuck is the point

There hasn't been a more powerful set since Urza's saga. Old cards are the broke one's. Creatures are more powerful but the age old saying is still "dies to doom blade"

sounds like playing with you would be a blast
very rewarding.

what was actually fun was draft in tempest and urza block.

8 colorless gives you a 10/10 defender. (can't attack.

18 colorless gives you a 20/20 trample.

ever heard of a counter spell?

you forgot indestructable

I don't play combo. I just know that vintage storm is a very real deck. I just hear old players not giving the game a try because Creatures are bigger and they complain about power creep without realizing how broken old school magic was. Remember tolarian academy?? Or memory jar?

I have it in a deck with Urza lands. Remarkably easy to get onto the table.

God i hate people who play mono white more than anything.

Good thing im cancerous and only play mono black at all times in multiplayer games.

Exsanguinate is OP.

Yup

And I rolled plenty of those lame decks with black and red creature decks. before the creature power creep.

Can "indestructible" creatures actually get destroyed? I remember something about even creatures with protection from white get wiped out by Wrath of God because it's a battlefield effect

well tbh the black lotus combos are the reason it got banned

yes, cuz wrath doesnt target, therefore prot doesnt trigger.

Did you also use a demonic tutor. Cause Jesus grandpa noone plays any of the cards you just said anymore.

saw an enchanment, 1G all your creatures are birds of paradise

tell me that isnt retarded when you've got a bunch of token dudes that you can tap for as much multicolor mana as you want

It's not banned in vintage! And legacy still has stupid combos like sneak and show and it's own storm deck. As well as elves with cradle. I really like the new magic. Big bad Creatures with powerful removal, it gives the game a good back and forth feel and the games really feel like they go places and don't grind as much

Wrath of God does not target a specific creature, so protection from white will not save it. Indestructible is different. Wrath of god says "I destroy you". Indestructible says "nope".

That's why I keep Karametra in my wallet at all times.

play nature's claim, wrath of God, abrupt decay, naturalize, black Sun zenith or any other permanent removal or sweeper and watch their plan go out the window and try and rebuild a board state again

Real talk: actually buy cards vs. buying MTG on Steam?

i flip table and punch you in the face

me and my friends had about 6 thousand cards in a bunch of boxes from all kinds of sets that we played with. lots of fun to mix and then draft with them

What's everyone's favorite card? I'd have to say mine would be Primordial Hydra.

hidden horror

embodies the color black so perfectly
BACK BEFORE SHIT WAS OVERPOWERED

Yeah, we used to play a 4p deathmatch for entire weekends. It was Slivers vs. Zombies vs. Goblins vs. Elves, iirc
One of the best funs i've had

using shitty cards makes the game more fun too

Don't worry I have you covered
I play Iona as my commander

Is anyone on this site not fucking awful at this game?

indestructable.....

Emrakul the aeons torn. 15 for 10/10 annihilate 5 flying hexproof.
Combine with hedron matrix and 25/25

I don't have creatures - I animate lands and artifacts fo' that shit.