Prince VS David Bowie

Based on the Beatles vs Rolling Stones threads.

It's time to decide which ecclectic musician with a large discography you like better. Ziggy Stardust, or the Symbol?

strawpoll.me/11756516

Other urls found in this thread:

musicmp3.ru/artist_prince.html
musicmp3.ru/artist_prince-and-3rdeyegirl.html
musicmp3.ru/artist_prince-the-new-power-generation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

[Bump]

prince is better tho they're both great. if i had to listen to like one or two songs, i'd pick david, but if i was going to listen to a whole album worth of music, i'd go with prince

Fundamentally and objectively incorrect btw.

Don't be rude to him.

I think Prince is better musically and was a more talented musician

Bowie was far better at creating an entire image that went with each album, much more creative an all around better imo

Very hard choice. I prefer Bowie, but it's almost too close to call. Bowie's "Low" is better than any album by Prince, but "Nothing Compares 2 U" is better than any song by Bowie.

Bowie's an innovator, Prince followed the trends

Fuck this I'm torn.

"Heroes" and 1999 are two of my favorite albums and ""Heroes"" and "Little Red Corvette" are two of my favorite songs. I was introduced to Bowie and a young age and he means a lot to me personally but I lived in Minneapolis until I went to St. Paul for college, and that's right next door anyway. Bowie affected me personally and Prince affected my socially. I can't choose.

Flip a coin.

Who's heads who's tails?

Bowie heads, Prince tails.

make a special coin where the heads is Low and the tails is Prince's symbol

>Prince VS David Bowie
Why not pick two artists that are actually good?
You're better off doing Eminem vs Nas.

@69342600 (You)

What does this mean

Ziggy is such an overrated album
not in Bowie's top 5

Holy fuck. A sign from the gods.

While I agree with that I wasn't talking about the album. I was just calling Bowie by his persona.

I can't listen to prince because he took his music off YouTube

However Gene Ween loves him so I trust he's good

Where do I start

Here.

musicmp3.ru/artist_prince.html

(His third eye girl album is here)
musicmp3.ru/artist_prince-and-3rdeyegirl.html

And here's some other one.
musicmp3.ru/artist_prince-the-new-power-generation.html

They're pretty much equal, had some great songs, maybe two enjoyable albums and a fuckload of praise despite the majority of their discographies never having been listened to by anyone

I think it means to go with Springsteen

How is that rude?

Ok. Assuming you're not trolling (highly unlikely) wouldn't Jay Z and Nas make more sense since they're the one with the big feud in the past?

"Followed the trends" is pretty much an accurate description of Bowie. Not saying he never innovated, or that he didn't create great albums within those trends, but he definitely followed these.

I'd say Bowie has more good albums than Prince, who only really had his 80's run + a couple random ones, and also that Bowie's discography is far more diverse. As for specific albums, I can't really decide between stuff like Heroes and Sign O', Aladdin and Purple Rain... These are all incredible. What I can say is that I feel more personally close to Prince's albums. Something about Bowie's work always felt cold.

But he's wrong

Rude.