>Gummo
Any outsider music

Loved Gummo
I just want music that give me Gummo vibes

>musical equivalent of this scene?
That would be Anne Frank fingerdrumming at the attic

what happens in this scene, I haven't watched the movie

you need to see the film

ok I will but what happens in the scene?

To explain any scene in the film is difficult. The kid is essentially just eating spaghetti in the bath tub but the atmosphere of the scene makes it incredibly disturbing.

man that movie had me messed up for a couple days.
desu those super edgy field recordings like john duncan - blind date or sotos's stuff hit on a lot of the same themes of showing depressing depraved shit without any real plot or redemptive themes
>sons of perdition - trinity
this one is a little more conventional than gummo feels but it has that sense of stagnancy that gummo did so well. and it's mostly a series of stories about shitty people
>swine lakes - s/t
this is not quite as depressing as i found gummo to be but again it has the same feeling of going nowhere and imo it captures that vibe for me
>toadliquor - feel my hate the power is weight
this is way more aggressive than gummo but it gets at the desperation that I felt from all of the characters
>no dreams - pessimistic subsidence
dunno how you feel about noise cause people tend to interpret it wildly differently but this is one album I really felt the depression from more than others. dunno why cause it's not particularly unique
ka - the night's gambit
this has a similarly grimy, dark atmosphere
chu ishikawa - a snake of june
this one's a shot in the dark cause i haven't listened to it for a long time but iirc it's got a similar vibe. either way it's amazing and worth checking out

obviously all of these recs are based on my interpretation of the movie's atmosphere. which, when i was reading reviews after watching it, i got the sense is something that is different for a lot of people.

Don't forget the bacon taped to the wall

bump

The soundtrack?

In order to save time and be more efficient, his mother serves him dinner while she washes his hair. Pretty smart desu

Alvarius B and some of the more serious Sun City Girls projects

>I LOVE MY LITTLE ROOSTER AND MY ROOSTER LOVES ME

i used to sing that stupid song when i was in middle school all the time. what a great movie nonetheless

gummo is great

julien donkey boy sucks ass

I knew a girl who loved Gummo and was obsessed with the band Flesh Parade, so I will forever associate the two

youtube.com/watch?v=733j6dArpRk

I don't have a musical equivalent to this scene, but I just want to say that living in the very isolated countryside and being old enough to be around before internet really hit around here I can say that this film is a terrifyingly accurate representation of backwards small towns and the people in them. This film is like looking at a polaroid picture of 1995 and earlier. The "party" scene is horrifically realistic.

Agreed but all the Werner Herzog scenes are awesome

how to spot the Koreanon

yeah, that and the scene where Julien thinks hes on the phone with his mother.

Oh I barely remember that I'll have to watch it again

Thanks OP, I sort of grew out of movies five or six years ago but this one sounds interesting, I'm going to watch it

>that feeling wen

>growing out of movies
Wtf

And now after over half a decade you see a kid in a bathtub eating sphahetti and you're all of a sudden interested again?

Okaay

I read the comments in the thread and looked it up and read the basic description on Wikipedia, I may be disappointed, nothing's really happened so far but it has potential. I couldn't tell if that was a boy or a girl, they aren't cute in that picture.

Doesn't everyone grow out of movies?

Harmony Korrine really isn't the person to make you like movies again

wew boy

Have you seen Pretty Baby by Louise Malle?

Well, I figure every year or so I can try again and see if there's something that will, this seems as decent a choice as any since it's clearly popular

I looked it up just now, and fuck you

it's not popular, it was panned to hell and back.

stop taking Sup Forums as gospel for fuck's sake.

Wikipedia said it was popular, that's where I read about it, I didn't read too in-depth, twenty minutes in it seems like that sort of thing that would be popular

As I recall it was hugely popular in the "indie circuit"

Not as popular as Kids but that movie launched at least 4 people's entire careers

Is this movie meant to be an accurate portrayal of the south? Do people even have this sort of accent in the real world?

any nirvana album

Why not something actually good like Cows?

In conclusion, I think the movie was pretty cute and for the last twenty minutes including that scene I couldn't really stop smiling so I guess I'd suggest some twee pop though I thought the Roy Orbison fit just right

My one complaint is there wasn't more Jared

So you're watching it while browsing Sup Forums?

Get your ADHD ass to stop going on the internet and just watch the movie. No wonder why you "grew out of movies".

no u

tobacco

I outgrew movies, but now I only watch cinema.

but that beautiful scene from Spring Breakers!