Where's your surname from?

ITT Show us where your surname is from.

worldnames.publicprofiler.org/

Pic related is mine. My dad's from Scotland but I'm from England.

Other urls found in this thread:

ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Немецкие_переселенцы
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mongolia

London

who /rare/ here

Slovenia, even though people tend to think it's Serbocroatian because they're racists who deny that patronymics ending in -ič can be Slovenian.

It's a very old Karelian surname, listed among the old families of the region in seceded Karelia my family hails from.

>tfw have a trade name
English with a French route how exciting

Nice. A real Alpine, Germanic name I'm guessing? Or perhaps Italian since it's on the border?

What's the American map for your name like?

Show us the maps bros

WTF? HOW?

portugal & sweden

reporting in

Georgy Washingtonov

It's called emigration, Pavel.

Maybe my transcription is wrong? I used ''''Milyanovich'''' but russian version is ''''Mильянoвич''''. Can someone make normal transcription for me? Also google says that my surname is Belarus

stolen from italy, there are more here than there

But where is other people with my surname?

Portugal

American map

TOP FUCKING KEK

funfact: the people in the south of france, in paris and in latin america are my family

what

Portugal & Greece

Not listed. There are less than 500 bearers worldwide.

>when you have German roots
wow

rly?

In america, Yankov.

>tfw you are the only one who live in Europe with this surname

>your Faroese patronymic surname is your middle name
>your surname is the Danish name of a local town
>you aren't even related to half of the people who bear the same surname because the priests were drunks who just gave people random surnames

>My dad's from Scotland but I'm from England.
And what's the "difference" supposed to be?

Really? There are 16 people alive today who share my surname and it was still listed in the system

Different languages

When i use right writing
Germany pls love me! I love you!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Really makes you think.....

I'm from a very old noble family from Burgundy. Pretty sure I know every single person that has my surname, at most a few dozen people, including a few in the US (ome cousins emigrated there relatively recently)

Hmm

DANE'D

so it's a meme a la Quebec, i see

wat. is there a scottish language?

It shows Netherland/Denmark, but really is from Germany. Close enough I guess.

Scots-Gaelic, it's even more of a meme language than Welsh at this point.

>so it's a meme a la Quebec
what?

Quebec actually does mainly speak French though. 80% of the population speaks French as a mother tongue, and roughly 50% of the population is monolingual francophone. It's not like Scotland, where Scottish Gaelic is almost extinct.

Yeah, no surprise here

Scots Gaelic. Not that it's still used often but it affected places and names and slang and all that

Really makes me think.

From here...

who else /anglomasterrace/

I've always thought my ancestors were Germans

Gucci?

r8

Your ancestors come from a region raised from the sea by the German people. How cool is that?

Mokthar al-Aqitani

>austrijsko prezime
folksdojčer

w-wait are you serious? Have you meet anyone you knew with the Schaapveld surname

Yeah. Name is probably Swedish in origin, although no Swedish ancestors have been discovered yet. The surname is only within our family.

Why didn't you come?
ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Немецкие_переселенцы

>be Kiwi
>lastname literally means 'sheep pasture' in Dutch

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>Have you meet anyone you knew with the Schaapveld surname
No I come from another region, but Flevoland used to be water.
This is mine:

I can't becouse i only 1/4 german. But now i learn german for starting studing in Köln. I was in Germany only once but i fell in love

Here's my map for the world...

Tried my mother's surname. Pretty surprising, honestly. German, the Netherlands I can understand, there was Hugenot emigration. Probably the same thing in the UK. USA, Argentina, and Canada make sense. But Italy outside of the Aosta vally, Spain, Denmark, Norway, and India ? No idea.

and my map for Europe.

Accurate.

kek

imma white? :)

Hello cousin

and here the map of sharland

Well, I learned something today.

anyone care to guess mine?

Norman genes

welsh surname
hughes?

This makes me curious as yo what your name actually is.

>when you have German roots

No, Ruskies. The map is only showing where people with your name are LOCATED.

You have to look at "Roots of this name" for the ORIGIN (picture related). As you can see, my name is Celtic / Scottish.

People with your names have emigrated across the world. You get it now?

>publicprofiler.org
try harder jews

According to the stats, highest concentration seems to be 1. Austria and 2. Germany.

>muslim subgroup
>most popular in the USA and other European countries

Jones?

it's not weird, belgium, germany and austria are all pseudo countries social constructs

Ah I've realised - look at the map, Russia is greyed out, which presumably means they don't have the data for Russia.

If they did then Russia would be bright blue for all of you.

And I just tried the "Milyanovich" name and it doesn't have roots information.

Still, you can see where people with your surnames have relocated to in the world (in pic related, the United States is clearly the place most people with the name Milyanovich have moved to - out of the countries that this website has data on).

Ah fair enough, if your name is a German language name then obviously it's from Germany.

I thought that other Ruskie was confused why his name wasn't showing up in Russia, and I guess the reason is that they don't have data on Russia.

They don't have data on the countries in white

They only have data on the ones that are grey or coloured

>born in Russia
>German name
Kek. My father haы it. That's enought?

Feels Anglo man

>Argentina
Really makes you think

>celtic

I just looked on Wiki and Kahn is actually a German/Jewish surname (that explains the high concentration in the US) and Khan is the muslim surname. My conclusion is that the website could have made a mistake.

what website is this?

Top countries: Spain, Argentina, France
Top cities: Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla
Top regions: Cantabria, Cataluna, Castilla-La Mancha

Cool. I always assumed my last name would be really common in Cuba, but maybe there's just no data for it because of the whole brutal leftist dictatorship thing.

Well it says your name is a German language name

So I'm guessing that it is. Something ending in "-stein" or "-berg" or something? Rather than "-vich" or "-ov" which would obviously be Slavic names.

I dunno, you tell me, since I don't know what your name is.

But obviously that screenshot is showing you have a Germanic name. If so then presumably your father's ancestors migrated from Germany to Russia, right?

Poland

Also
>russians in charge of understanding what immigrants are