Can you tall me how what do people use these small midi keyboards for?

Can you tall me how what do people use these small midi keyboards for?

I mean I know it's handy, but since the the key range is super limited obviously one cannot use it to play virtual piano/synth. I see how keys could have same function as pads, but is there more?

Maybe I'm missing something, how is it used in music production?

mainly for melodies and basslines

it's easier to play the notes on this thing than to map every note by hand on a daw

It's something you can keep on your computer desk and record simple ideas quickly.

do people work the same way with drum patterns?

This basically. The same thing you'd do on your laptop keyboard but more comfortably and with key sensitivity and room to breathe. I only ever mess with the knobs probably 3% of the time

That's one bigass touchpad

i just got my 15"!

yeah it hasn't really improved my life in anyway but it doesn't hurt either so I'm indifferent.

Sweet, I hope you're liking it half as much as I am (which is a lot). I keep pushing my 13" and I still haven't even heard the fans or seen any lag yet.

I wonder if the pads can compete some mid-level MPC

no, you need electronic drums for that

it's not really often in electronic music that a melody would require two hands or range more than two octaves

Yes we know it's not very sophisticated genre of music

wtf is napkin for?

microfiber cloth, just cause it feels good on my palm

>That's one bigass touchpad
it's a tiny ass 'laptop'

can you assign the touch strip as a controller in ableton?

No the touchbar is only really useful at the moment with Apple's native apps, it should be seeing support from developers pretty soon, though.

>No the touchbar is only really useful at the moment with Apple's native apps, it should be seeing support from developers pretty soon, though.
it would be nice to use it as a fader

nice dongle

The hardware? I mean it is an akai product an akai makes the mpc soo

People use these on their desktops, and I'm not sure why.

I think these are more helpful for when you're on the go with your laptop and want to produce.

It's pretty dumb to use it at home because you have tons of room for better hardware and space isn't limiting you.