Work Thread

Work Thread

>What do you hate about your job?

People who complain about the job

I don't hate anything about my job.
Because I didn't settle for a job I hated.

So stop whining.
And carry on taking the easy route.

Hey, I used to work there.
I hated the Indians who were vegetarian always asking for "BEGGIE BURGER"
NO MEET
NOO MEET
Fucking curry niggers

This.

Watchmaker in high-end jewelry store here.

The worst part are the lazy co-workers and the customers not knowing about their own watches due to negligence of the salespeople (from hopefully another store).

Firefighter/Paramedic

Abuse of the 911 system.

Half of my districts 12,000 ambulance calls a year should be doctors appointments or personal vehicle to the ER. I don't think people get that ambulances are not unlimited, that there is usually only one to a fairly large area, and that by using it as their personal taxi they may be preventing someone else in their area from receiving non-delayed life saving care that really needs it.

>career

Pulling over dindu's because they never really ever do nuffin. Now I always have niggers pulling out there phones and yelling at me about "muh rights" and "muh black lives matter" when all I'm trying to do is issue a citation because their tags are overdue. But I deal with drunk natives and lawn spics more often so it is almost bearable. Phx PD faggot here

Aircraft engineer

I love my job but I fucking hate passengers and crew. Aircraft a great to work on when there's no fuckers on them.

I get no respect from managers and the pay isnt enough for the hassle.

Management spends money on some bullshit waypoint checking system but wont spend a dollar on vests or a boot allowance.

The Union is fucking weak and the only thing they can do is get us a raise sporadically.

I can't fucking wait to be a cop, at least If I have to put up with bullshit I'll be getting $26/hour to do it.

Engineer at a factory. Have to deal with middle school educated fucks who don't know the difference between a Phillips head and flat head screw driver. All these ppl do is put shit in boxes and bitch about how they only get paid 14 bucks a hour to put stuff in boxes and then put said boxes on pallets.

other than the fact I come home smelling like a restaurant, nothing much, besides the one annoying dickhead delivery driver.

This.

And they always expect you to agree with them. I just smile and nod.

Government workers are pretty much unfireable after a couple years so you work with a lot of idiots.

Shit, that sounds awesome. How did you get into it? I have a thing for timepieces, but I ended up as a network engineer.

Having to stand all day.

Dunno where you live bro but $26/hr is pretty God damn high for a cop. The highest paid cops around me at base level are like 50k USD

I guess it's not the job, I like my job, cool boss.
I just hate coworkers who thinks I'm their friend, I keep it professional and I couldn't give two fucking shits what you do outside our work.

Beta as fuck?
>percussionist
>triangle masterclass

Fuck you pig faggot.

Fuck the phoenix PD.

Get a real job you piece of shit.

I'm a bar back
I actually love the job but everyone one is a fucking Jew about splitting tips.

Cleaning up puke isn't all that bad.

Canada

>25/hr
>48k a year

I have some news for faggot.

Meh, Our current society needs cops.

>hating self
>whining to careless faggots on internet because no friends
>easy route
i enjoy my job, but you are fucking retarded.

Is this bait or are you just retarded? 25x40x52=52,000

Would we need them if we never had them?

Sure we do dick sucker.

Just kill yourself, worthless pig.

Join the sherrifs department bro
less risks.

Law enforcement is full of people who were too stupid to go to college. Fuck off with your "career"

Graduate student

I hate the constant high expectations of research and learning at the same time

>Pizza delivery driver
I hate the lack of upward mobility but I mean its not like that's a huge secret or anything.

retarded bait negro.

Tell me, how often do you deal with things like child birth and the elderly?
Cause I was thinking about going into EMS training but I would much rather not deal with either of those.
Would moving to a district where I'm a firefighter/Paramedic be a smarter choice?
Also, how would you rate your job overall?

You're right we should all live in communities that care about one another...and appoint one guy to make everyone better when they're sick and one guy to like protect the others when bad things happen.

We shouldnt have to label them man, just live free in a society without labels.

>cell tower foreman

The 30 year old babies mad because they didn't apply themselves and now they complain left and right.

is this the one in long beach?

I'm a surfing instructor in a small coastal tourist town. I get paid to hang out at the beach 5 months out of the year and I have banged 8 of my students (all college girls; shit was cash) since May. My only complaint is that I can't do it year-round because beginners don't wanna go in the water when it's below 70

Lol your autism is showing, pal

>Hair Salon Assistant

I dont like how nasty women leave used tissues and cups everywhere but it's nice to talk to decent people and it pays pretty well. Plus you'd be surprised how much people like to be shampoo'd by a guy.

That is gross pay. Unless you have a family and qualify for more deductions. You are not getting that entire amount
>net pay

How so?

I hate that if I stand around for literally half a second, I get yelled at.
Fuck In N Out.
I get you shouldn't do nothing for awhile, but sitting around for a fucking second isn't that big a deal

Are you fucking retarded? No one gives net pay when someone asks how much they make.

Not a cop but not really dumbshit. Know plenty of people who had honors in HS and full rides to colleges and they got a bachelor in criminal justice then became a cop. I'm a firefighter/paramedic which requires no degree and make 80k. So what do you make with that plethora of college intelligence buddy?

Keep sucking that pig dick.

When they come knocking on your door like the SS we'll see who has autism.

fuck pigs your lower than me. coming from a lawn spic.

I have one of the best jobs imo. I work in a grocery store. I work in the back stacking shelves and most times the shelves are fine so it's a basic 4-9 hour day of whatever and get paid every thursday. Everyone at my work is super chill and funny. My boss is a funny dude too. I hate nothing about my job. The only thing I wish was changed was that I don't work on putting the hamburger meat and shit out. I have to put the meat in the machine and it crushes it into lines of hamburger meat that I have to put on this styrofoam type thing and wrap that. I can never get the right amount of meat and fuck it up. Other than that I fucking love my job. Good pay, Awesome coworkers, little work. I would never quit.

Shit, don't it cost like $1500 for a trip in one?

the business of which im employed is ran by a family of indians
they just hired one new person ive been the only one there for months other than my boss and his relatives
its like a mini india there its horrible they treat you so passive aggressively ykno caste system shit
their shit stinks best
im trying to gather a collection of indian hate wether it be designated shitting streets or how they never throw anything out

The pay but to be honest, my own fault for not upping My skills more. OTHERTHAN that quite fun job

nice pic

They are fucking awful people. No respect for personal space, fucking super jew level bartering for fucking everything, they smell, they are annoying and a large portion of them are retarded even though people seem to think they are smart.

I hate dealing with costumers, they are sooooo fucking retarded its unbearable. I hate the stupid ass holes who manage the place and I hate how mind numbingly repetitive it is. the only fucking reason I still work there is because it works with my school schedule.

I have no fucking idea of what you tried to tell us and it kinda makes me want to know

people who ignore my emails.

like our product tech support, our AR/AP departments too fucking inept to do anything right, CONSTANT IT/software issues.

Flight Instructor

I get $21 an hour but I only get paid when I fly so if it's shitty weather, I don't get paid.

Students trying to kill me every day sucks a little

foreign students who cant speak english and cant drive suck

I live 25 miles away from the airport so driving all the way out there and back for one flight sucks. Or going there and then the person doesn't show sucks even more.

but overall it's pretty sweet. another year or so and I'll have enough time to go to the airlines.

Child birth, not much honestly unless you work in a slum city system where nigger bitches are popping out like 5 kids by 20 so the last 3 are on the floor when you get there. I've worked in a middle/upper class suburb for 7 years and have delivered 0. We do have a lot of elderly though. It's not that bad most of them just need picked up off the floor and given a ride. Overall it's about a 7/10 job. Sleep interruptions suck really throws off your circadian rhythm and can make you irritable. Also I'm 28 and my back and knees already hurt quite a bit. Higher risk of heart disease & cancer than general public too because of job stress & exposure if a firefighter. Schedule is cash though and I make more than most people with 4 year degrees to run like 6 calls in a 24 hour shift otherwise we pretty much just chill at the firehouse. Train occasionally & keep shit clean.

i mean curry is okay but they eat that shit all day every day
imagine going to a business and just the place reeks of curry at lunch and dinner and no its not a restaurant their home is attached

I love curry, I could eat it every day

What do you know about helicopter schools? Always wanted to pilot one.

>engineer
Stfu dummy you're a greasy wrench monkey. You know why pilots and air traffic controllers laugh at you? It's because you carry this hero complex with you when really 90% of your job is scraping "window shade inop" placards off of a cruddy RG.

>sincerely, a pilot who worked as a mechanic to pay for flight training, so I know how retarded 99% of you fuckers are

I am the cop. They aren't knocking on my door lol. However, I can tell that you're a nigger and I really wish I could stop you for a broken tail light and pop five into your chest for being such a greasy ape

Sounds alright enough, I might try to leave Florida first so I can cut my interactions with the elderly down significantly.
How much prior knowledge did you have going into training?
Cause I feel like I might want to do some private studying before going to the classes, just so I can have the material engraved in me since its an ongoing education career.

As a machinist, i love engineers. When I make something and it doesn't work, I just blame engineers for shitty design.

How's that minimum wage treating you, Juan? Hopefully you can save up enough to get that sweet paint job on your '94 silverado you fucking pinto bean

What I hate bout me job is those priggly faggots that come screechin on about "Get away from the chickens!!" and "Letty go uv ma cow's teets, freaker!" when all I do is go bout my job, feelin good vibes and sunny airs and the like!

nothing. Never been in a helicopter. They're too expensive and not enough jobs out there flying them. Mostly military guys get all the jobs. I'm sure they're fun to fly though

I only fly fixed wings

I'm an IT recruiter. My actual job isn't that bad. But the company I work for sucks mother fucking dick. The bosses take too much pride in people staying at the company for long periods of time, so they never ever fire anyone. So complete shitfucks run around doing dick all day and no one bats an eye. That sounds nice like good "job security" but literally half the company is fucking worthless and when you work on commission and those commissions come from others doing their jobs, it's a pain in the ass.

Wings.....loved that show!

My last job was a chef
Steakhouse, trained on all sections, training people.
Minimum wage - 60 hours a week

I didn't mind so much because I liked the people and time flew, even on such shit wage I couldn't really spend it on anything so I was saving up pretty well.

Then the head chef and sous chefs started being pricks and taking the piss with everyone and everything. buillied the "special" guy on the friers who wasn't bad at his job by no means and just wanted to talk to people, started rejecting people getting staff dinners they wanted and forced them to either have leftover chicken from the past few days in a tomato sauce with some 2 day old pasta or buy their own.

Never got drinks from the bar, sorry; the regular chefs never got drinks from the bar, the head chef and sous chefs always got whatever drinks they wanted and made sure the bar staff got what they wanted for their meals and even some stuff on the side.

It just started getting to me when you're being treated like shit and people are just looking out for themselves in their little clans of friends. so I left and it's left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't want to work the catering industry again.

Lol elders are pretty much the job bro. We fight little fire anymore. I'd say our top 3 call types are falls, chest pain, and "sick person" which usually means they should've went to doctor but called us to go to hospital. 85% of patients are 65+

It MADE Tony Shaloub's career

Ouch, touch a nerve?

Let's just say, in my career of choice, if we ever worked together, you would probably never see those people again...

Small business owner.

I hate that assholes are always trying to steal from me. Either theft of materials or my third warehouse manager over the past 5 years embezzling again.

Yes sir!

Trying not to give away too much but I was one of the main people that helped to launch a (now fairly widely known) musical instrument company a few years ago. Had a pretty illustrious career as a musician previously, as well as some technical experience.

Worked right under the owner, strategized product line, etc. Streamlined, optimized, and helped build a multimillion dollar company in just a few years with our small team.

Found out a bit ago that I was getting the shaft as far as pay. Last year, I started bringing up the issues with our direction (I have some serious strategic background), and began to get excluded from meetings.. cold shouldered. Owner definitely has a 'hot or cold' personality, makes snap judgments and oafishly blunders in the wrong direction off of his maligned, preconceived notions (part of our jobs as managers was quietly putting out fires he started).

After several months of this, I felt cornered. I forced a discussion by giving an ultimatum to the other upper managers, saying I was leaving effective immediately unless this was resolved. Gave myself the rest of the week off.

I guess the fallout was tremendous. All had to be put on 12 - 16 hour shifts to compensate for all I did in the company. It was the best job I ever had, I believed in the company, but I can only be treated unfairly so long before I take action.

Doubt anyone will care as it's tl;dr but that's my story. Still kinda reeling from it (though I've found some great industry contract gigs in the interim, doing counter-strategy for my old company)

I hate whiny ass operators who complain about everything.

Oh jeez, my only concern with that is the elderly don't take kind to my phlegmatic personality in particular so I don't need some old person giving me shit when I'm trying to help them.

When people think you're spying on them ALL the time.

Like fuck bro I have a life too you know?

I really didn't know anything about it going into training. It's definitely not for everyone I'd say like only 25% of the people in my initial fire training 9 years ago ever made it into the field. Paramedic class maybe 50%. Everyone wants to be a firefighter paramedic since 9/11 and because they think it's easy school for a decent paying job. I tested with about 15xamount of people they actually hired off my years hiring list at my department.

did u ever piss or shit on the instrumentz?

Know what you mean. I owned a bar along time ago and getting honest people was a rarity. That's why I only hired Eskimos....they have a hell of a work ethic and most of them are not inclined to skim the registers......almost drank me out of business, the fucking ice monkeys, but they never stole a dime.

small things i hate are being told to redo shit or do it a different way when we all know its gonna fail and the original way is best
major thing is govt locking up shit because it would alter world to much or ruin the current corrupt scales(ie planes that could go faster on way less fuel, cars that got 100+ mpg or were gasless etc)

I was mainly going to reread my anatomy and psychology notes from highschool, seeing as I'll need to be familiar with the body and how the brain works.
Figured that was a good starting point.

yup...this
END THREAD

Work: Union Electrician

I hate the people, like really really hate them. Most of the people in the trade are either idiots, assholes or a combination of the two. Any free time is filled with them talking about their 4x4, sports or gossip. Can't we just do our job and smile, why does everyone have to be such an asshole. We make 36/hr. with okay benefits. It's not a huge amount but it's good enough, why do you have to bitch about everything,

same shit every fucking day over and over and over no change same fucking routine

Even when I was an angsty teenager, I wasn't this edgy.

This fucking fat land whale who always tries to start shit with me telling other people I say shit that I don't.

No, but I hand-calibrated a lot of things that left our company. It didn't matter to me if you were a celebrity customer or joe musician, I was thrilled to provide a tool for creative use.

I reset shelves (plano team) at Target.

I'm amazed that everyone is too busy to train me.

I'm expected to bullshit through shift while making things happen.

My co-workers are ghetto assholes who hate being bothered with questions.

Honestly, I wouldn't be having trouble if it weren't for the bullshit Target terminology that everyone uses in every single sentence. (here's a couple very simple examples: customers are called "guests" and scanners and called "my devices")

Seriously, try working there; you'll be asking people what so-and-so means, or where to get the so-and-so from, only to have everyone telling you to fuck off.

I'm in a team, and the mentality is every asshole for himself.

Are you forreal? Mad props though if you actually enjoy it

Bartender here, I've bar backed a bit but not much, as long as I don't have to be in the glasswash it's okay I guess

Bartending though, I really enjoy it, but I wish I worked in really high end venue or hotel bar instead of the really busy nightclub I'm in right now, a big part of the job for me is talking to people and having fun, which is difficult when you're making drinks as fast as possible

I'm also getting a bit tired of the hours... It's not having to work on weekends thats the issue, more so coming home at 5 am every night 4 nights a week..

Those kind of bitches need to be put in their place.
You either call her out on her shit and complain about her or management or she will keep doing it and it hurts your image.

Say the place starts to slip and they have to let people go during quiet periods, you're first on the chopping block because you're "always causing trouble and saying these things"

Lol not really I'm mostly kidding. Half the guys in the shop are alright. Some guys let it go to their head. I'm mostly poking fun at you using the term "engineer" because here we save that for guys who actually have degrees and know their shit. Where are you from? Canada? I know they call their mechanics "maintenance engineers" or some shit

>Cunt:"I want the bag in your hand, can you just give it to me?"
>Me:"We don't sell that here, Ma'am. It's something the company orders in so I can't give it away either."
>Cunt:"How about I give you some money and you give me the bag?"
>Me:"No Ma'am. We can't do that."
>Cunt: "Do you work here?"
> Me: *Blinks at her for a solid 45 seconds*

No, I don't. I just get dressed up in this chicken shit outfit and walk around this store all day, after stealing a nametag and radio, for my own fucking amusement. Behind this 'employees only' counter is my favorite place to hide out. I feel like fuckin' Crocodile Dunee: Camouflaged while observing retail salespeople in their natural habitat.

Retail is awful and I wonder how any of these potatoes can function without accidentally sticking their dick in a toaster.

scary thing is, they can all vote.

Barista/Undergrad Student
13 an hour not to awful could sure do worse.
Plus with tips ends up being like 15-16 an hour.
But still fuck you and your lattes.
Bathrooms are for paying customers.
If you have to drown your coffee in simple syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles to be able to get the coffee down your fat fucking gullet you don"t like coffee fuck off.

Not even that long. We have a 4 year term who sleeps on the job and nothing has happened to him.

It's too easy but I get paid too much to leave

Try walking Central and Buckeye at 2AM by yourself and day that again. Unless of course you're a nig nog.