What kind of music feels the most "alien" to you?

What kind of music feels the most "alien" to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q26LR5SJ2jU
exophobiaorgqebrus.bandcamp.com/album/-
youtu.be/5omUjf38pNY
youtube.com/watch?v=FrZRIW87eWI
youtube.com/watch?v=nThgoHjzfEc
youtube.com/watch?v=SjVWNafcINQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As in "music I can't relate to" or "music that sounds like something an ET would dig"?

that stuff that's like a few beeps evey once in a while that avant-teen meme album. (if you mean something that i think aliens would dig)

the latter

stockhausen - kontakte

youtube.com/watch?v=q26LR5SJ2jU

Qebrus:
exophobiaorgqebrus.bandcamp.com/album/-

whoa

please stop shilling

i was genuinely surprised by the page

I would have posted a link to a YouTube video or something, but his song links are impossible to type.

youtu.be/5omUjf38pNY

Gamelan music always struck me as very exotic. Probably the microtones.

Was this actually recorded by aliens?

the idea that anyone can relate to or be moved by pop rap (and most hip hop really) just makes me think they're from a different species

I don't understand how someone could listen to something as cynically targeted and overproduced as drake and actually have an emotional response to it

yes, yes it was

Got you covered, OP

youtube.com/watch?v=FrZRIW87eWI

how is drake cynically targeted or overproduced?

superior
youtube.com/watch?v=nThgoHjzfEc

youtube.com/watch?v=SjVWNafcINQ

this is incredibly alien for the 70's

this gem

his music is literally made to take advantage of meme culture. he (or his writers) always have to throw in a few meaningless quotable lines to get trending on twitter. it's impersonal emotional music, even if that's an oxymoron. it tries to have an emotional impact on the widest audience possible, and in doing so becomes so vague and generic that it couldn't possibly be relatable to anyone. and yet it is

as for overproduced, his producers essentially just shamelessly take from whatever's hot in pop culture at the moment, much like the content of his lyrics. it's too clinical - trying too hard to have production that fits into current trends and in doing so makes it lack any kind of unique sonic quality. and it's mixed to be played on laptop speakers, cheap car stereo systems and beats by dre

right, i see what you mean, it's marketing-driven

not sure i agree that it's overproduced, to me it sounds lazy af

Probably EDM

definitely this

>literally one of the most stripped down, bare bones human albums of all time
>alien

considering that humans are alien hybrids anyway, this makes sense

patrician philosophy about half-breeds

Vaporwave.