"X-MEN: APOCALYPSE" SPOILERS

Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac), the firstborn of the mutant race, rules the world in ancient Egypt, but is betrayed by his worshippers and entombed for centuries, while his followers, the Four Horsemen, are destroyed.

He is awakened in 1982 to learn that the world has forgotten him. Believing that without his presence humanity has grown weaker, Apocalypse decides to destroy it in order to rebuild society to his image, and sets to recruit four mutants to do his bidding.

His first recruit is Storm (Alexandra Shipp), a kindly pickpocket from Cairo. She worships Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), who has become a revered figure in the mutant community for saving the President of the United States and ushering a new era of pacific coexistence between humans and mutants.

Mystique is investigating an underground fight club where mutants are forced to battle, and happens upon a fight between the champion, Angel (Ben Hardy), a hardened fighter, and newcomer Nightcrawler (Kodi Smith-McPhee), who gets the upper hand and and electrocutes Angel, leaving him injured. Mystique rescues Nightcrawler, while Apocalypse arrives to cure Angel, who is reborn as Archangel.

In New York City, Cyclops (Tye Sheridan) learns about his powers and is taken by his estranged older brother Havok (Lucas Till) to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters to learn how to control them with Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Beast (Nicholas Hoult). He is reluctant until he meets Xavier's protege, Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), who is likewise unable to control her powers, and the two develop an attraction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mystique arrives to alert Xavier about Apocalypse and bring Nightcrawler to the institute, and Xavier and Havok meet with Moira McTaggert (Rose Byrne) to find out more about Apocalypse, unaware that William Stryker (Josh Helman) is conspiring against them. Meanwhile, Magneto recruits another follower, Psylocke (Olivia Munn).

Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is living in anonimity in Poland, where he has a wife and daughter. However, he is located by the authorities, and his family is slaughtered in the crossfire. An infuriated Magneto is later approached by Apocalypse and joins him. Quicksilver (Evan Peters) has been searching for his father, and decides to seek Xavier for help.

Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler and another student, Jubilee (Lana Candor) sneak out to go to the movie theater, while Xavier attempts to use Cerebro to locate Apocalypse, only for Apocalypse and his followers to attack the institute and kidnap Xavier. Apocalypse uses Cerebro to force the world leaders to launch Earth's entire nuclear arsenal into space so it can't be used against him. Havok is killed in an explosion while trying to rescue Xavier. The mansion is destroyed, but Quicksilver evacuates the entire student body from the collapsing building.

Stryker arrives and captures Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, Mystique and Moira under pretense they are suspects of Apocalypse's attack. They are taken to Stryker's Weapon X facility to be experimented upon, but Cyclops and Jean follow them. Once inside, Jean senses Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), who has just been subjected to the Adamantium bonding procedure and is being brainwashed into becoming Stryker's weapon. She frees him, and Wolverine slaughters Stryker's soldiers, though Stryker escapes.

Jean calms down Wolverine and he escapes in his own, while Cyclops and her free the prisoners and reunite with Beast. They locate Apocalypse and the Horsemen in Cairo and head there to stop them and rescue Xavier. They steal tactical flight suits from Stryker's base and head there in a new X-Jet built by Beast.

At Apocalypse's behest, Magneto uses his powers to control Earth's magnetic poles, causing widespread destruction across the planet and mass casualties. Apocalypse, meanwhile, confronts Xavier in the astral plane, intending to possess him, and they battle.

The X-Men arrive and battle the Horsemen. Mystique reaches out to Magneto and reminds him that the X-Men are his family too and that his wife and daughter wouldn't be spared in Apocalypse's purge. Magneto sees the error of his ways and helps the X-Men fight Apocalypse.

Apocalypse attacks Mystique, and seeing his disregard for her causes Storm to change sides as well. Realizing things are spiraling out of control, Psylocke and Archangel attempt to leave in the stolen X-Jet, but it is brought down by Nightcrawler. Psylocke survives the fall and escapes, while Archangel also survives, but with a horribly mangled body.

While the assembled X-Men fight Apocalypse, Jean ventures into the astral plane and learns from Xavier that Apocalypse is weakened after centuries in the same body. Jean and Magneto join forces and dismantle Apocalypse's armor, with Jean tapping into the Phoenix force and becoming enveloped in a firebird. Once Apocalypse's frail true form is exposed, Jean incinerates him. Xavier loses his hair.

Xavier realizes there will always be threats human and mutant alike and decides to train his students to become the X-Men. He returns Moira's memories and they develop a relationship. Xavier and Magneto reaffirm their friendship and Magneto leaves on his own. Quicksilver and Storm join the team, and Quicksilver decides not to tell Magneto he's his son yet.

The X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver and Storm - are given new uniforms by Xavier and prepare for a training session in the Danger Room, facing off against the Sentinels, while Xavier overlooks them, proud of what they've become.

In an after-credits scene, the abandoned Weapon X facility is infiltrated by a paramilitary team that begins retrieving all data regarding Stryker's research on mutants on behalf of the Essex Corporation.

That's a reference to Mister Sinister, who seems to be the main villain of the last "Wolverine" movie.

I've enjoyed all the recent X movies. Still excited for this. I could care less about the divisive reviews.

Sounds pretty good

Seems good. Hate the fact that they are going to ruin Sinister and probably copy Deadpool for wolverine 3

Sounds like bullshit

has anyone found this online yet?

It's not out yet.

>Magneto uses his powers to control Earth's magnetic poles
>Jean on astral planes and becomig Phoenix already on her first appearances

LMAO

>Once inside, Jean senses Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), who has just been subjected to the Adamantium bonding procedure and is being brainwashed into becoming Stryker's weapon.

How does that fit with the end of DoFP?

Quicksilver decides not to tell Magneto he's his son yet.
One of them dies in the next film, then.

doesn't mean shit i saw CW before it came out

It doesn't. That scene with Mystique rescuing Wolverine while posing as Stryker is completely ignored.

>>Magneto uses his powers to control Earth's magnetic poles

I mean, it's Magneto, what's wrong with that?

Too OP

True. I just hope it looks good

I was excited for this movie when it was first announced but the trailers look like garbage. It really sucks cause I liked X-Men 1 and 2 a lot, DoFP was good too.
I don't get why Brian Singer is going the generic capeshit direction. He put in effort to put the X-Men into a real world, changing their costumes and adapting their personalities to the screen. Now we have this overly colorful look to every character, including shitty costume design.

It looks like a completely different director's vision for X-Men.
Other than that they're bringing back characters that we've already seen a lot of played by worse actors than the original and it doesn't seem like the film will have any depth like the first 2 did. What's the point in this really?

>Once Apocalypse's frail true form is exposed, Jean incinerates him. Xavier loses his hair.

The angelic whiteboi gets maimed and no redemption. Lmao.

>J U S T - M E N: SHITCALYPSE

actually sounds pretty shitty

>mystique causes two horsemen to turn to the good side

jennifer lawrence is a mary sue

>Magneto uses his powers to control Earth's magnetic poles, causing widespread destruction across the planet and mass casualties.
>Xavier and Magneto reaffirm their friendship and Magneto leaves on his own.

So once again Magneto murders a bunch of innocent people and they just let him walk away?

>Apocalypse attacks Mystique, and seeing his disregard for her causes Storm to change sides as well.

Are you fucking serious? She agrees to be a fucking Horseman of a guy named fucking Apocalypse, but quits when she realizes, hey, this might involve hurting J-Law?

I believe this. Sounds about right.

Yes. It's actually a reocurring complaint in reviews. Just like "Man of Steel", the movie presents Apocalypse as a serious threat, but completely brushes over the fact thousands of people likely died as entire cities are being torn apart.

Tidbits of information.

>Archangel's birth has Metallica's "Four Horseman" as the soundtrack.

>Quicksilver's rescue has Eurhythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" as the soundtrack.

>Apocalypse's most prominent power is controlling sand, which he uses to slice necks, subdue enemies and encase the Horsemen in coccoons from which they emerge with their new uniforms and enhanced powers.

>Magneto's family has more lines than Psylocke, Archangel and Jubilee.

>Mystique spends most of the time in human force so she won't be recognized by people who view her as a hero and a legend.

>Apocalypse takes Magneto back to Auschwitz Concentration Camp, and Magneto has flashbacks of all the people he's lost over the years in order to unlock the full scope of his powers.

>Cyclops and Jean's tension is barely addresed after it's established.

>There's a running gag of Moira not remembering the events of "X-Men: First Class" because Xavier mindwiped her. He restores her memories in the end.

>The Horsemen barely speak, aside from Magneto, and only have one fight scene.

>Havok is killed when Apocalypse diverts one of his energy beams into a nearby helicopter, and Havok is engulfed in the explosion and his body is later buried under the rubble of the X-Mansion.

>Xavier believes peace has been achieved and it's no longer necessary to fight, and the movie's main storyline is realizing the world will always need the X-Men to defend it.

>Cameos include Caliban as Psylocke's handler and the Blob as one of Angel's competitors in the cage match.

Wait, I thought Wolverine was saved from the Weapon X project by Mystique.

They ignore that.

I don't care about Disney shills, this movie looks awesome:

>80s music
>highly colorful (80s neon, maybe too overused, but definitely a comic feel)
>campy as fuck

Forgot to bump

How did Bryan Singer fuck up this movie?

Didn't QS tell Magneto about this in previous movie?

he mentioned his family, it was implied to the audience

We really have to watch this Wolverine shit for the 3rd time in the same universe?

>Xavier loses his hair
Fucking lol.

It's not like he's shoeing casual disregard for one of his loyal followers, which might make some sense.

She's just some random mutant.

She's a legend and a hero to mutants now. She's basically like the mutant Gandhi.

FUCKING SEED LADS....

Jesus fuck this is taking longer then Civil War.

Also props to the dude in China. He's the real hero this week.

>probably copy Deadpool for wolverine 3

You mean make it like it is ? No holds barred ?
BERZERKER RAGE ?!

youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo

They specifically said Storm looked up to Mystique

Is it humanly possible to twist your body around like Sophie Turner does in that poster?

What happens to Jubilee?

>In an after-credits scene
WE MARVEL NOW

>Jlaw is a literal mary sue
>phoenix this early
>Magneto doing bullshit comic feats this early
>Mr. Badguy is the next villain
>Age of Apocalypse with none of the cool parts like Cable and Bishop
>Pooky in general jobbing out in his first appearance
>If Pooky can use cerebro to launch all of the nukes, why didn't he just order WW3 afterward to take out 90% of humanity?
>If Pooky can travel the world, why doesn't he just wait a bit to research any possible weakness to his plan? In fact, had he waited a little while longer, he could have recruited an entire army of poor/disadvantaged/ostracized mutants ready to tear the X-men a new one
>If Pooky can get people, why doesn't hire some mutant to act as Pooky, then send his horsemen out with Fake Pooky to distract the X-men, while enacting his evil plan?
>If Pooky can make Angel into Archangel, then why didn't he give himself a new body? You would think an ego maniac like him would want a physically overpowered and imposing body

Why

Because pooky is a really dumb nigger

>>In an after-credits scene
>WE MARVEL NOW

I mean yeah it is marvel but every xmen movie has had one.

Because he is egyptian and therefore black.

>resets timeline
>revives all the good characters so they can be used again
>insists on doing pre-timeskip movies with shit actors
btw anyone has full body shots of that Psylocke? for research purposes

But user
Phnoenix first appeared in the 80s!

>Jubilee dies
Fuck off

So it's basically Jennifer Lawrence: the movie

What a load of shit

Only three of them had one.

She doesn't die.

So you're telling me Mister Sinister isn't in an Apocalypse movie despite the fact he's featured a lot in the AOA storyline and is semi essential? What absolute bullshit.

Kudos for accuracy, I guess. That's pretty much how he is in the comics. He's really only imposing in the cartoon.

>"Beast, how many peoples have dreamed of my end? You are no closer than the Babylonians with their swords and fire sticks!"

Yeah, it sucks. BUT HERE'S JLAW, YOU PEOPLE STILL LIKE HER RIGHT?

>1982
Why? Is it because that's when the comics came out? How does that benefit the story as opposed to making it modern day?

So who is the rival group in Apocalypse's own faction wanting to overthrow him if it isn't a team up of the Summer brothers and Apocalypse, do Wolverine and Cyclops even have their famous AOA battle in this one?

Give link I'll seed

20 years later and they all look the same, are they related to wolverine?

Shit I meant Summers brothers and Mr Sinister, not Apocalypse obviously.

> Archangel also survives, but with a horribly mangled body.

is it like, a really fucked up, useless body? or like a "will get some metallic upgrades and be back for the sequel" body mangle?

I saw it last night, it already contradicts plot threads from DOFP:

>Wolverine is under the real Stryker's control, even though Mystique saved him in DOFP
>Quicksilver does not appear to recognize Wolverine
>Beast can change forms at will, no mention of the serum. He just randomly beasts out when needed and reverts when he's done
>Havok says the last time he saw Mystique was in Cuba when she was the one who saved him from Vietnam

civil war came out in other countries first you stupid fuck

>If Pooky can get people, why doesn't hire some mutant to act as Pooky, then send his horsemen out with Fake Pooky to distract the X-men, while enacting his evil plan?
then it would be called X-Men: The Phantom Pooky

CONTINUITY LMAO

The first one is confirmed, but I can't beliee they mess up so bad.

>Wolverine is under the real Stryker's control, even though Mystique saved him in DOFP
Who said that was the case? What if it she did the opposite?

>Havok says the last time he saw Mystique was in Cuba when she was the one who saved him from Vietnam
They could have met again, or he was lying.

THIS IS A NEW CONTINUITY AFTER MAGNETO USED TIME TRAVEL TO FUCK SINGER'S SHIT UP!

>She worships Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), who has become a revered figure in the mutant community for saving the President of the United States and ushering a new era of pacific coexistence between humans and mutants.

>Jennifer Lawrence's "X-Men" Starring Jennifer Lawrence

Do all mutants gather in circle to entomb him again in the end? if no im not watching

This is supposed to be posted in Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums what ever happened to Darwin?

>Age of Apocalypse with none of the cool parts
WE COULD'VE HAD BASED FASSY MAGNETO AS MAIN PROTAGONIST AND LEADER OF THE X-MEN INSTEAD OF FATTY JLAW REEEEEEEEE

>moon-faced Sami
>YOU PEOPLE STILL LIKE HER

>Sup Forums

I hope you're bullshitting cause these are very big contradictions

I dont read comics. Im interesting what happened to Wolverine's arm?

Cyclops, who is also missing an eye thanks to Wolverine

Let me guess:
"JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAN!"

who is that chained guy?

Don't know why my post was deleted but as I said, I don't quite remember but probably, as Jean and Wolverine are lovers in AoA.

Wildchild. Don't remember what his deal is though

No you didn't.

>my mom knew a guy who could do that

Why are you calling him Pooky?

lol fuck off retard

Is this as shit as everybody says?

i mean, last 2 were actually pretty good movies.

>Singer makes DoFP, fixes all the continuity errors and makes a decent movie giving the old cast a good send-off
>Literally the first movie after that, he fills it with continuity errors, makes all about Katniss Neverblue and rehashes the same Charles/Eric conflict he's done 4 times before.

Did he just give up?

We don't know because it hasn't released anywhere yet.

fucking retard

WE

>Do all mutants gather in circle to entomb him again in the end? if no im not watching

yes and no

Eric wraps him in metal and Cyclops super heats it with his lasers, Jean blasts it with some Phoneix blast or w/e and then storm super cools it with a blast of ice air. Then Jean blasts THAT with another Phoneix blast (except her eyes light up for this one implying its stronger) and he dies [/spoilers]

So is this movie an alternate timelime of events or is everything supposed to be connected? I haven't kept up on this at all and none of the movies really seem to tie in together.

>Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac)
>Oscar Isaac
I want this meme actor faggot to die already, stop shoving this beta manlet cuck down my through Hollywood, Please

>14yr old white suburban child plays a nigger on the internet