How easy is it to move to Uruguay? Is it a nice country...

How easy is it to move to Uruguay? Is it a nice country? I'm sick of the liberal BS of North America and I'm buried in debt so I'm trying to bail.

Other urls found in this thread:

paradiseuruguayblog.com/2010/11/getting-job-in-uruguay.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BUMP

Hey there. It's fairly easy actually. If you have a degree and are willing to learn Spanish (if you don't speak it already), then you shouldn't have any issues coming here. You're definitely not going to earn more money than you would over there, so things will seem more expensive. Uruguay is nice. Its people are chill, its beaches are beautiful. We tend to save money instead of getting in debt.
Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be around for a bit.

BR who has been to Uruguay at least thrice now.

It seems to me like there are lots of old people in Uruguay, also, there doesn't seem to be that many attractions if you're the ''club going'' type.

THERE ARE options, but not as many as , say, Brazil or Argentina.

That being said, Uruguay is probably tied with Chile as the best country to live in South America IMO.

I prefer the culture in Uruguay but Chile seems to have more variety and access to the outside world.

Uruguayans are friendly people overall, and you won't need to be afraid to go out as you would in Brazil, Bolivia and other SA shitholes.

Uruguay is quite safe actually (at least from my perspective as a Brazilian, but also, I'm fairly sure it has a lower % of homicide rates than the USA, which says a lot about the country...)

Don't expect to make as much money as you would in the USA though...

All in all, if you can have some sort of income in the USA and retire/live in Uruguay, it'd be the best scenario, as your USD will have incredible value there.

I hope this helps you out.

Oh, also - don't forget to try out Uruguayan Tannat wines;

Yeah I'm 100% fluent in Spanish. How hard is it to get a job? I don't have a degree since I'm stupid and went straight to work after high school.

Well I'm planning to bring at least $5,000 USD with me to start me off, and hope to get a job on a bank or something since that's what I have experience on. I have Mexican citizenship, so would it be hard to get Uruguayan residency eventually?

>I'm sick of the liberal BS

>going to Uruguay

Pretty much this, just goes to show

>American Education

in action.

>so would it be hard to get Uruguayan residency eventually?

As long as you have someone employing you legally, I'm fairly sure you can keep renewing your Work Visa.

I can't tell you exactly about Uruguay but most countries in SA will allow you to naturalize after 5 years working there (legally).

Considering you're from the USA it should be fairly easy to be hired there I'm sure. Having a degree would help naturally, specially one from the USA.

Can't you just go to a Community College and get a certificate in accounting or something like that? I mean it's not necessary but it certainly would add even more credibility to your cause.

Also, read this

paradiseuruguayblog.com/2010/11/getting-job-in-uruguay.html

BTW - Have you considered working as an English Teacher? It's super easy to find a job like that in any SA country if you're an English native speaker.

It can't be as bad as the US or Canada

Thanks senpai, I'm trying to save money but I'm strongly considering taking a quick course on network security or something of the sort. I'm a terrible public speaker so teacher wouldn't work for me probably.

I agree with this guy in pretty much everything. Not that many places to hang around simply because the cities aren't as huge. It's easy and cheap to move around using public transport. And yeah, Tannat is good shit.

There are plenty of jobs all over, specially if you're into technology. You don't need degrees for that, just show what you know. We have one of the biggest tech industries in South America, most likely.
I've never heard of someone who moved here without a degree. There might be some sort of restriction, not sure.
You may want to consider working as an English teacher as that other guy said. Uruguay wants people to stay in its country as long as they work.

Also, this. If you don't like liberal countries, I think you'll be better off going to Chile perhaps.

You're sick of the "liberal bullshit" yet you want to move to the most liberal and secular country in Latin America, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I actually work in that area, I recommend getting some certifications and applying for jobs here, see how it goes. Some common online platforms we use include LinkedIn, Buscojobs and Computrabajo.

There's good liberalism and then there's ridiculous, white-bashing, faggot encouraging, nigger loving North American liberalism. I've done my research on Uruguay and I like what I've heard so far.

>There's good liberalism and then there's ridiculous, white-bashing, faggot encouraging, nigger loving North American liberalism
Fine, take your autism somewhere else.

Why are you even on this thread?

Great I'm definitely getting it then, I should be done in about a year or so

Cisco certifications are highly praised here, you may want to do CCNA and then specialize in security, maybe. Cybersecurity is still growing, but it's definitely worth investing in.

Are the women sexy there? and how do they feel about white men? I lived in Mexico for 12 years so my Spanish is really good.

Yeah, and many are willing to hang out. I'm more into dudes though, so my opinion might not be the best.
We don't give a shit about white/black/whatever people, you'll find all sorts. I look european and don't feel discriminated or anything.

>Spanish
I barely know any Spanish, but I'm an IT guy.
Can I come in? Can I live the good life as a white university-level programmer lanklet?

Developers can definitely live the good life here. They earn more money than in most careers, and there are lots of jobs opportunities in that area, many of which you can just apply online. One of our biggest sources of income is exporting software.

You will want to learn Spanish though, otherwise it'll be hard to fit in. Many of us speak English, but for everyday life it'll make things a lot easier.

Will do.
I won't leave for at least another 8 months anyway.

tempo di studio espaƱol
or whatever

Wanna be my roommate?

please note I'm only into girls (female)

Me too but I'm going to be all alone once I move there, maybe we can meet in Montevideo one day.

If you guys want to stay in touch, I created a fake gmail account you can contact me in: [email protected]

Thanks senpai, will do

are you a girl?