The leader of the free world doesn't believe global warming exists

>the leader of the free world doesn't believe global warming exists
>so far he hasn't given any solid reason as to why

how do you honestly feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's not a single good evidence that global warming is real

He's an existential threat to mankind, obviously not happy Americans did effectively doom several species to extinction on biggotry and entitlement.

So all those scientific studies on Nature I assume don't really count as evidence to you.

>so far he hasn't given any solid reason as to why
Of course he did, all that dosh from the fracking/ oil lobby

99% of scientists agree that global warming is fake.

It's fucking 30c in fucking January

>>the leader of the free world

I don't really care, he'll be gone in 4 years

Lol settle down, China alone emits more CO2 than the USA and the EU combined.

Not sure if you're a troll or just retarded.

You still fail to provide any proof.
I have won this argument

trump is the american dream

a whimsical sociopath with the vocabulary of rainman making it to the top through money and self confidence alone. every american secretly wants to be a Trump figure. they don't care how dumb he is, how corrupt he is, so long as they get to live vicariously though him. never before have so many people said '''''we'''''' won the election.

when he said he could shoot someone and they'd still vote for him, this was an understatement, he'd get more votes.

>China are a bunch of fucking hack gooks who are destroying the planet so a few higher ups get more money, why aren't we copying them?

Why do republicans keep citing China as a country to follow? I thought you hated communists. You're America not China for fuck sake

I'm not saying that we should copy them, or that they're a good example. I'm saying that ultimately, whether the US cuts its emissions or not matters very little. I'd love us to do it, but even if we all switched to renewables and nuclear overnight it wouldn't make much of a difference, because most of the emissions come from China and India, and their share of the total is only going to keep growing over the next few decades as China's economy reaches first world status and India's population reaches dystopic levels (they're on pace for 2 billion by 2050).

He's right.

Even if global warming does exist we can't do shit about it unless you want to gas 3 or 4 billion people. It's a completely dead issue.

Pretty much, just nuke us now. Time to end the suffering of your child.

Hell Jackson shot a shit load of people and I'd vote for him if I could.

We're a great country, it's our destiny to be governed by great men like Jackson and Trump.

Your logic is unstoppable.
>Inb4 "not an argument"

But America has lead the way in the past, why not now? You have worldwide influence. If America takes on the fossil fuel industry and uses renewable energy successfully then the rest of the world WILL follow. But if you just say 'fuck it', then India and China definitely will continue to ruin the planet

Fuck off Anglo scum.

Winter is cold thus it means that global warming is fake

>But America has lead the way in the past, why not now?

Because we don't make up literally half of the global economy like we did in 1950. America's opportunity to unilaterally shape the global world as it sees fit passed al ong time ago.

>If America takes on the fossil fuel industry and uses renewable energy successfully then the rest of the world WILL follow.

Lol, just like the rest of the world established republics with free and fair elections. And the potential economic damage that taking on the fossil fuel industry would do to ourselves just isn't worth it in the minds of most Americans. We have entire states that depend on coal.

>But if you just say 'fuck it', then India and China definitely will continue to ruin the planet

They'll do it regardless. Fossil fuels are the easiest and cheapest option for them, they aren't going to kneecap their own development because some sneaky westerners tell them that sea levels will rise in 90 years

Planes can fly thus it means that gravity is fake.

Because it's literally too fucking late. Again, unless you want to genocide billions of people there is no stopping this from happening,

>we wuz germans n sheeit

So tired of this meme. An American with an almost entirely British family but one German grandparent will run around claiming to be German, it's ridiculous. Look at the most common surnames in the US (all English with like one or two Spanish), look at the German migration numbers in the 19th century (no greater than the Irish or Italians), look at the bizarre increase in people reporting German ancestry and the drop in people reporting British ancestry between 1990 and 2010.

White Americans are mostly Brits or Scots-Irish, you're descended from tea-sipping crumpet eaters, stop pretending you wuz kaisers.

No, you're the one making an extraordinary claim, burden of proof is on you.

That still makes you the world's second largest polluter and not by a negligible amount. The best case scenario is Trump doesn't get in the way of remediation but that still implies no further measures to reduce emisions in the US, a slow down in the advance of clean technologies and a boost to hydrocarbon based energy projects. The end result of those is ultimately lost species, you do realize that was at stake in your election, don't you?

Given Trump's "Chinese hoax" statement and his expresed contempt for the Paris accords dismissing this as unimportant is willfull ignorance.

We are talking science, not SJW opinions.

This is actually true. There is no actual proof that gravity exists.

It's not too late, solar could be the most cost efficient way of getting power to a lot of rural China and India if America keeps putting effort into it.

I have all German surnames on from every grandparent. But many German names were Anglicized.

pretty good tbqh

Trump is a great man, I love the guy.

Even if you suddenly removed the US tomorrow the rate of global warming would barely move due to every bit we cut China and India make up for it.

So fuck it. I'm not going to bankrupt my country just so you can pretend your favorite type of lemur won't be dead in 30 years. They're going to die whether you like it or not.

Grow up and learn to accept reality.

>That still makes you the world's second largest polluter and not by a negligible amount. The best case scenario is Trump doesn't get in the way of remediation but that still implies no further measures to reduce emisions in the US, a slow down in the advance of clean technologies and a boost to hydrocarbon based energy projects. The end result of those is ultimately lost species, you do realize that was at stake in your election, don't you?

Yes, but my point is that those species will be lost anyway. At best, the USA switching to renewables would slow down the process slightly.

>Given Trump's "Chinese hoax" statement and his expresed contempt for the Paris accords dismissing this as unimportant is willfull ignorance.
>We are talking science, not SJW opinions.

Absolutely, the man is an idiot or just genuinely doesn't care.

There is the same global warming on Mars and Venus. It is a result of solar activity, just like we had in the Middle Ages and early Roman imperial days.

Let's be honest though, WW1 and WW2 created a lot of anxiety and backlash against the German community in the United States. Many "Americanized" their names in order to avoid persecution.

In that case do you want to take responsibility for being cucks?

It absolutely is too late. The math is quite clear on that.

Also
>solar
Grow up

>no actual proof that gravity exists.

True, like Schmidt--->Smith and Muller--->Miller. But my point still stands, the number of "Germans" in the US is absurdly exaggerated. I'm not calling you out specifically, just talking about white Americans in general.

I am surprised you can keep a straight face.

lol, technically he's right, gravity is "just a theory". But nobody would seriously argue that gravity doesn't exist, just drop a ball and watch what happens.

>It absolutely is too late. The math is quite clear on that.
It's not too late you autist, if we continue as we are we're fucked, we can lessen our impact now before it's too late though.

>Also
>>solar
>Grow up

Do you really expect India to start constructing nuclear power plants in rural as fuck villages when they can just install a few solar panels?

To be honest with you I feel like so many people claiming to be German in the US is robbing me of my identity as an actual German.

Yeah well there were many different European groups that game to the USA, English, Scots-Irish, Nordics, Germans, Italians, Protestant/Catholic Irish, etc.

It's just a giant hodgepodge of all different cultures that make up this country, made all the more amusing and perplexing when some *ahem certain people become so fixated on this notion of "White Culture".

>>the leader of the free world

Is not going to keep free for so long as things seems.

Considering solar has a massive carbon footprint of its own and is 2% as efficient as nuclear then yes that's exactly what I's suggest. If it weren't already too late, which it is.

Good luck convincing India to do either of those two options by the way, I wish you luck.

Many people don't even believe there is a white culture. And to be honest with you unless you live in a small town or village there isn't really anymore. It's just stores and shit.

>It's not too late you autist, if we continue as we are we're fucked, we can lessen our impact now before it's too late though.

Not the guy you're replying to, but we're already fucked. It's just a question of how fucked, and improvements in the US and EU would barely even put a dent in how fucked we are.

>Do you really expect India to start constructing nuclear power plants in rural as fuck villages when they can just install a few solar panels?

Why do either when they can use oil and gas for half the price? And maybe India specifically isn't a great example, since iirc they don't have much of their own oil/gas/coal, but for countries like China/Nigeria/Pakistan it seems like a no-brainer to use their natural resources. The goal for these governments is to develop as quickly as possible, the environment is something that can be worried about later.

grinds me gears that the biggest welfare niggers on the planet (american baby boomers) have the gall to talk about entitlements and "scientific hysteria"

Theyre such an incredibly selfish generation, but its to come as no surprised as they were birth from a selfless one.

There is a white culture, you just don't notice because you're living in it (so it seems like "just stores and shit") and only other cultures get emphasized. Think of the things we consider aspects of a culture: fashion, food, music, holidays, sports, religious practices....there are definitely things from each of those categories associated with white americans.

Yeah, rustbelt and cottonbelt areas of the country are nothing but "we wuz factory workers" mentality at this point. The only "culture" there are guns, jesus, and the painkiller of their choosing, both legal and illegal.

A "slow down" does ultimately affect the levels temperature will rise, it means ecosystems impacted to a larger degree they would have been otherwise, it does mean aditional loss of species.

That's the reason for the accords, for everyone to cut down, the Americans whitdrawing could bring about the scenario you just described however.

Dismissing action as futile on catastropic rationale is ultimately self defeating logic, you're just rationalizing your people's unwillingness to adjust their lifestyles, nevermind paying the real costs of your cosumerism. The US uses about a fifth of the world's resources despite being only 5% of it's population, it isn't just an environmental cost, as is the specific case of Madagascar's forests (where my favorite type of Lemur lives) in favor of palm plantations that allow you to buy organic additive tioiletries in the US, but a human cost as in the slaving of child labor in the garment industry of Bangladesh or in the Thai fishing industry.

Trump has argued Americans are getting cheated on world trade where the reality is he means to use extorsion to extend an inhumane and basically unfair system.

china isn't communist they just keep the label so that their population doesn't chimp out.

They are state capitalist.

True.

But they already ruined everything long ago. Caring about global warming at this point is fighting a battle that was already lost decades ago by those same assholes.

>Dismissing action as futile on catastropic rationale is ultimately self defeating logic,
No it's basic fucking math.

Do they have math in your country? The math says we're completely fucked. Already. As in the point of no return was already passed.

By that logic then why even have kids or recycle?

Try being "raised" by them

>potato mexicans
>literal mexicans
>island mexicans
The usual butthurt suspects

Have kids by accident. Duh.

And watching a process doesn't make it empyrical evidence? Of course Newtonian gravity is just a for practical purposes approximation but our current understanding of gravity is based on general relativity for which there's strong evidence (eg the Michelson-Morley experiment) arguing there's no proof is disingenous, other than cogito ergo sum you really can't prove anything if we are allowing for relativism.

Equating theories that are the better understanding of contemporary science with opinions is dishonest.

Because recycling is economicly profitable and people really like sex.

>well I already have an increased risk of cancer due to smoking so I guess continuing to smoke two packs a day can't hurt :D

No you don't get it, we're past what could be described as "risk." We already have cancer at this point.

Again, unless you want to get rid of 3 or 4 billion people pretty much tomorrow then there is literally nothing you can do to prevent this. That's what the numbers say.

It was never about stopping the effects opf global warming but about ameriolating the severity of it's effects, a 2 degree rise isn't quite as bad as 3 degrees now is it math "expert"? Whatever small fraction of temperature rise is a result of Trump's election (and yes, even marginally small fractions count here) means lost species. You people voted for extinction and your historical responsibility is something that should be recorded.

t nigger Mexican

I'm not sure if you truly believe you are 100% right about what are just saying or just giving cheap excuses to be so careless.

>That's what the numbers say
Care to give a source for these numbers? The IPCC seems to think that emission control is still necessary.

>Considering solar has a massive carbon footprint of its own and is 2% as efficient as nuclear then yes that's exactly what I's suggest.
Massive? It has high co2 costs from manufacturing but the panels last for decades, it's only slightly above nuclear in gCO2e/kWh
And how are you supposed to get nuclear to rural as fuck villages?

>Good luck convincing India to do either of those two options by the way, I wish you luck.
It's probably a whole lot more cost efficient than anything else, especially considering they wouldn't need to run hundreds of miles of wires.

>Not the guy you're replying to, but we're already fucked. It's just a question of how fucked
We're not past the point of no return just yet so I wouldn't say we're fucked.

>and improvements in the US and EU would barely even put a dent in how fucked we are.
But the technology we produce will do a lot to prevent future co2 emissions by people who haven't got electricity yet.

>Why do either when they can use oil and gas for half the price?
That's expensive and requires a constant source, solar is pretty much free energy for the huge lifespan they have.

>And maybe India specifically isn't a great example, since iirc they don't have much of their own oil/gas/coal
I brought up India because of all the work they're doing to bring electricity to their rural villages.

>but for countries like China/Nigeria/Pakistan it seems like a no-brainer to use their natural resources. The goal for these governments is to develop as quickly as possible, the environment is something that can be worried about later.

Here's hoping they realise if they continue using those types of resources their cities will keep being disgustingly polluted forever.

royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/

Again you could theoretically reduce them to the point where we wouldn't be fucked, but not without killing billions of people or somehow figuring out a way Asia and Africa can develop carbon neutral, and this important, make it CHEAPER to develop carbon neautral and make it a reality now.

You're literally asking for miracles.

>what is anglicizing surnames

>It's probably a whole lot more cost efficient than anything else, especially considering they wouldn't need to run hundreds of miles of wires.
If it was more cost efficient then they'd do it. It's not.

Nuclear has the highest cost of any type of energy when you factor in STORAGE of nuclear waste. Unlike the rosy tinted view of the 1960's where it was assumed it was just a matter of dumoping it in a hole deep enough, we now know it will require facilities where individual containers can be readily accesible and that can be constantly monitored.

We are already on the hook for doing that during THOUSANDS of years on THOUSANDS of tons of waste. I don't think anyone using nuclear, including in my country, is getting billed for that.

That's because we're using the wrong type of nuclear energy.

The technology to reduce nuclear waste already exists and you know this as well as I do, liftr reactors.

They are doing it.

*lftr
Fucking tablet posting..

And yet their carbon footprint has doubled in the last 20 years. Weird that.

Not him but I reuse containers and melt down metal or make it into other things. There's no recycling center, I live in a rural ass middle of nowhere area. As for having kids, The fact that we're posting here is the only thing that needs to be said about that.
Personally I think we're fucked in about 40 years or less, hopefully I'll be dead by then.

That's equivalent to the Polish government page about the Holocaust which I still don't believe in. You can't trust your government Eurofool.

Almost as if it's a developing country :thinking:

Is the earth round or flat?

Yeah. Wonder what's going to happen to that rate going forward?

How is that an argument for continuing to use and expand existing tech? Perfect the new tech and have a working model plant (this doesn't exist today) and THEN you can make an argument, no one is against research.

>wonder
I'm guessing you've already decided, seeing as you seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of climate science and economics.

Who knows? I'm not a soothsayer.

All I know is that they're trying hard to implement plans to curb their co2 emissions, especially when it comes to solar.

Working lftrs have existed for 50 years.

The reason they don't get used is a colusion between industrialists and retarded muh solar and muh wind hippies like yourself. Useful idiots, all of you.

(((they))) sure flocked to this thread real quick
the alt-reich is far reaching indeed

Round.

If you gave a shit about their future emissions you wouldn't be advocating a non-starter like solar.

Is there a wroking plant? It's sci fi and conspiracy nu theories if there isn't

How the heck is it a non-starter? Just because it isn't as efficient as nuclear doesn't mean it's a dud, especially when the tech is improving so rapidly and the cost lowering.

oh ffs, passive solar is pretty eco friendly

The reason they don't get used is that the current nuclear fuel supply chain is set up to mine Uranium and switching to Thorium would cost a tonne of money.

Because there is literally not enough square feet in India to run a first world country for 2 billion people if you put a solar panel on every square inch of it.

Exactly. And the cocksuckers who own the plants use you muh solar faggots every step of the way to block development of new, efficient plants, as they would actually have to spend money.

You talk a lot about numbers but I'm beginning to suspect that you're pulling these calculations out of your arse.

>don't trust the government
>but do trust these studies paid for by the fossil fuel industry!

Good thing I'm not advocating solar as their main power source then you dreg.

Back then
>Climate change isn't real!!!!!

Now
>Climate change is real but it's not our fault!!!!!

10 years from now you will say it's real, man-made but only the chinese/your enemy at the time are guilty

Then what are you?

Unless you want to go nuclear how do you propose we keep their number where it's at now, much less reduce it?

Efficient solar power is more important than a slightly more efficient form of fission power.

It's too bad but I would have been god-damned if I had had to live under Hillary. No regrets, none.