Don't buy it

Don't buy it.

Most overrated shit ever.

A good lesson for listening to hipsters on the internet.

Meme headphones.

Sound is garbage.

+ It hurts like a motherfucker

The guy who owns Head-Fi always includes them in the Christmas Headphone guide.

He always does decent write ups for all the recommendations except for the M50s where he only simply mentions that he's including them as they are consistently recommended on the forums. You can tell he's not a fan.

No shit. Hasn't this been known for about a year now?

Get the M40s if you're fixated on getting that brand. They're cheaper, and most agree they're far better.
Most people like the M50s because their last headphones were cheap dollar store ear buds, or they're kids who want Beats but can't afford them, so they hype the shit out of these.
There are at least 100 better options for the same price or lower.

Should've bought a fidelio X2 instead. :^)

what would you recommend as an alternative? I'm currently using my M50s and I don't have any complaints

My pair of M50s got stepped on and broke - sad feels. I've been using a pair of Shure SRH440s for maybe a year and a half now. Even after a couple hours of wearing them, still super comfy. The sound quality is nice too - no accentuation in any certain part of the frequency spectrum.

Plantronics Backbeat pro

low price, great sound.

These. I use them for everything: music (obviously) with a good Denon separates system and Pro-Ject Debut turntable, movies using the virtual surround cinema DSP on a Yamaha AV receiver, gaming with a V-Moda BoomPro mic and Mixamp Pro. Great clarity, solid bass and fantastic soundstage, 100% recommended.

someone answer pls

DT770

shure srh440

>I don't have any complaints

then don't get another
lol?

I just bought the JVC HA-RX500 and got it in the mail today. It's much better than the shitty apple earbuds I've always used and the price was pretty decent.

Did I do good Sup Forums?

>Hasn't this been known for about a year now?
No, about a decade, a year is just how long you've been browsing Sup Forums

>being this impressionable
if you like them keep using them you gormless autist

Also, friendly reminder that Sennheiser makes autism headphones for redditors!

i've had mine for 3 years now. haven't had a good pair of headphones before this so i can't speak on sound quality, but you are right about them hurting, after a while at least. it's not even like an uncomfortable kind of thing, they actually like sting me after having them on for long periods of time.

There was a closed back version of the Senn 598s on sale for ~$99 a couple days ago but I'm sure that's gone by now

if you like them that's all that really matters

i personally will never buy another pair of headphones under $100 again.

Backed, using these right now, not only is the sound great they are also the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned. I'll keep them on my head even when I'm not using them because they're so warm and fluffy and it's cold in my flat.

>all these people complaining about them being uncomfortable

Just buy velour pads and throw away those awful pleather ones they come with. Problem solved with $10.

Fuck too late I already bought them three years ago :(

m40x. not shitting you.

>he doesnt know about the Portapros

>hurts like a motherfucker

how fat are you?

My meme50s are pretty comfy. I have a tiny cute head

Yeah, she said the same thing too

I find mine really comfortable - so don't count them out. Just go to the store and try them on for a while. To counter you other point, the sound's actually great. They're a little bassy - making them unfavorable as studiomonitors, but fun for everyday wear. In terms of clarity there really isn't anything to complain about. Considering the price they're a good pair of closed phones. I really don't see why you pretend they're "objectively bad." They might not be for you, but they're good nonetheless.

I weigh 140 lbs
These pieces of trash hurt my ears and made them sweat like crazy for the few years I owned them. They even produced a pimple-looking blister on my right ear that only went away when I got new headphones. If anybody recommends these I instantly know they're full of shit.

i got these for 100 bucks. Overall really like them, but i'm disappointed in how weak the bass is. Listening to something with really deep bass like the new YG album is severely lacking. I listen off my phone don't know if that has anything to do with it. Is there anyway to get better bass out of these things.

Theyre not bass cannon cans for sure. If you're looking for a bass cans then you should return em and get something else.

Putting into your phone isnt helping either but 598s dont benefit from an amp that much anyways.

Why would anyone buy "bass" headphones? Do you want to listen to the music you put on or to just any low-frequency vibration?

best closed back and comfy headphones under £100?

dont need an amp either.

The bass on the M50s are about the only good thing about them, and if you want good bass in a pair of headphones at a cheap price point it's going to have to be either in-ear monitors or closed back headphones.

Are there any decent over-ear headphones for $60-$100?

Other people can't be expected to know about yr strange physiology

I have these too, I really like them so far. Can wear them for hours on end. Mainly listen to classical is the weak bass isn't really a problem for me. Plus it's nice you don't need an amp.

Except this applies to anybody with ears shaped in a way that conflict with how the headphones have their drivers angled. Rephrasing, I think a better criticism would be that anybody who is considering buying a pair of M50s needs to try them in person before they buy.

this
i don't get it
headphones should be flat
if you want a deep bass might as well buy speakers and feel dem shits since there's no point in bass heavy headphones it just sounds muffled

I've got the M40x's and like them - are these worse or just not worth the extra money?

bro uhhh get some phillips shp9500

>not using beyers
>being uncomfortable in headphones
fucking kek

bruh these are used by a lot of industry professionals up to multi platinum mix engineers. they're meant to be a trusted reference.
some of the most popular mix reference monitors sound super harsh so you can find bad frequencies while mixing. the yamaha ns10 is the most popular monitor ever and they sound like ASS, and if you make a song sound good on them it'll sound good anywhere.

>headphones should be flat
Listen familia, the "flat" meme is cute, but the truth is, if you buy nice headphones, you're gonna hear everything, even if the bass is bumped. Besides, most nice headphones are relatively "flat" compared to other offerings

That's better but this is really a fault of the buyer than the headphones (and generally anything that involves ergonomics). It's not a fair judgement to think someone's full of shit due to something they were never aware was an issue, because for them it wasn't, never has been and potentially never will be.

ATH-M30x

it is not a consumer headphone, asswad.
tracking, critical listening, mixing (to some degree)

>open-minded = impressionable
Think about it this way. An average person could hear $20 Skullcandy headphones and think "wow these are great. I can't think of anything wrong with them!" Now give them a pair of better headphones for a month. When they go back to the skullcandy headphones they'll immediately notice the quality issues that they didn't think about before.

ok yeah you right lil nigga

I have these. I really don't like them. The metal extenders are scratched up and also came loose. I don't even use the things that heavily and I've only been using them for a month. Every time I try carrying my headphones from the headband, the fucking ear piece comes out of the headband and I have to put it back in.

The cord is also not detachable. I switched to these from my M50x, and the only thing I prefer about these is the way they feel. Seriously, the ear pads are comfortable as fuck and fit all the way around my ear.

Don't mind me, just the most comfortable and best headphones for under $100

>hardwired cables

>implying something is wrong with hardwired cables

have fun needing to throw out your headphones when the wire breaks

>wire breaks
>solder a new one on

those are torture devices
the highs are alright for the price but holy fuck there is no low end at all and they hurt like absolute fuck

We use these in the radio station at my uni, they definitely have a very clear sound.

yeah boyyyyyy

recc'ing the superlux clone of these

koss ksc 75 and superlux are the only real nigga headphones in the world.

i have these and love em, yeah the bass could be better but for the price im not uoset

Buy different ear pads. Shure makes some very nice ones that don't feel like cardboard.

The ear pads were shitty as fuck but besides that I don't mind them. Just that they aren't loud enough for my taste occasionally