What's the verdict on metalcore? Why has the genre not progressed at all...

What's the verdict on metalcore? Why has the genre not progressed at all, and why is it littered with scene bands for girls that cut themselves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G4RH3MRbv7k
youtube.com/watch?v=DtFoUboFyPk
youtube.com/watch?v=gJW4UaoUWR8
youtube.com/watch?v=0aIBlPDImmM
youtube.com/watch?v=eRQzuZDuse8&index=2&list=PL0CohW-q0yHh2zttTqy7DDHsWvgxPQl5I
youtube.com/watch?v=zxk3AMribEo
youtube.com/watch?v=f7EzA0Oeah8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>scene bands for little girls
>Converge
I get what you're saying but you probably could have picked another album cover. As for metalcore in general,I mind it much less than other genres discussed here.

>not being a scene girl who cuts herself

what do you mean "why has it not progressed at all?"

If by progressing you mean going to the bank - it's progressed very well.

Bring Me The Horizon unironically have a lot of great stuff desu

>tfw used to be a girl[boi] that cut herself
Now I have to wear long sleeves in the summer Smh.

it's impossible to discuss metalcore here, OP. the genre is such a misunderstood clusterfuck to start with, but posters here only have the most rudimentary understanding of the genre and are generally limiting themselves to spouting "Converge is the only good metalcore band" or "all metalcore is scene bands like BMTH or Pierce the Veil". it reminds me of the way the term "emo" was misused years ago thanks to music "journalism" associated it with MCR and what-not.

this is a 25 year-old genre that's undergone numerous transformations over the years. it's not limited to Converge and some shitty scene teenager bands.

Where do you want the genre to go beyond Dillinger, Converge, Genghis Tron and Rolo Tomassi? What ground has not been covered?

>why is it littered with scene bands for girls that cut themselves
Consumerism, it's the same reason most genres are dominated by bands who are cynically directed at a particular market, nothing unique to metalcore

New Converge album when?

>Why doesn't a -core genre progress

Gee buddy, you tell me

good post
please fuck off if the only metalcore album in full you've listened to is jane doe.

Should've used your thighs like someone who wasn't seeking attention. I've never had to show them in public in like ten years so it's never been a problem to hide my regrets as an adult. Got them mostly tattooed over anyway.

They have some okay stuff, but they're nowhere near the same league as Converge

1991: youtube.com/watch?v=G4RH3MRbv7k

1999: youtube.com/watch?v=DtFoUboFyPk

2010: youtube.com/watch?v=gJW4UaoUWR8

but yeah sure, bands in this genre haven't been quietly changing and amalgamating influences from other extreme music for years.

I used to have stuff like August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, and the like. I deleted those for other albums I have in my phone right now, one of them being Jane Doe

I only liked the first album. And maybe a few moments in Sempiternal and That's the Spirit

I went through that corny scene metalcore phase. Shit like Sleeping Wish Sirens, Blessthefall, crabcore stuff, and Motionless in White. August Burns Red, however, was a late discovery and a gateway to most of the music I have now. Converge is just a recent discovery

2016 - Killswitch Engage
2015 - Intronaut

Do you listen to The Dillinger Escape Plan?

theres nowhere for it to progress. its already a tiny niche style. if it deviates from style, it becomes other genres. music is so big now, theres just no more progress to be made.

do you get a lot of pussy being so elite?

scene metalcore is loads better than metalcore. metalcore is the equivalent of a nasally teacher who drones on in a monotone voice for 50minutes. at least scenie weenies are fun to sing along to

>Post-Hardcore

Yeah, I know. It's the dumbest shit I've ever done.

>Sup Forums-core

KSE's second, third and fourth album
ATR's The Fall of ideals
some shadows fall stuff

that's all you need.

Because plebs can't into good songwriting. The people who dislike clean melodic vocals in metalcore are the same people who write and produce metalcore with shitty melodies. Mathcore is the superior subgenre, in any case.

Every Time I Die
youtube.com/watch?v=0aIBlPDImmM

The Armed
youtube.com/watch?v=eRQzuZDuse8&index=2&list=PL0CohW-q0yHh2zttTqy7DDHsWvgxPQl5I

ARMS
youtube.com/watch?v=zxk3AMribEo

The Human Abstract
youtube.com/watch?v=f7EzA0Oeah8

These are all vastly different sounding