Can a liberal explain to me why they think getting rid of firearms is going to change anything in the states?

Can a liberal explain to me why they think getting rid of firearms is going to change anything in the states?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/somali-muslims-march-upscale-mn-town-threaten-rape-homeowner-video/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please don't put a label on people just because of their stance on guns. My views are almost entirely liberal but I firmly believe people should be allowed to own guns.

Because if you did something like that shit would change regardless.

Because conservatives are already the angriest people on the planet and it will piss them off even more. I thrive on schadenfreude.

/thread.

>my mother has been hinting around asking me questions about why people need to own an AR15.
>Explain everything there is to know about the AR15, giving legit reasons to its uses.
>Even some outlandish reasons, but still legit reasons
>shes bought my dad 3 pistols one .40 just last year.

Jokes around with family today saying "hurdur know what user said to me the reason why we need those guns, is to defend ourselves against the government, he says its gotta keep it fair." in the most posh way possible, sounded like an uneducated high school girl just ranting off.. fucking pissed me off that she listened everything I said, and that's the thing she took from it....

They already did and nothing changed.

Don't need to ban them all. You could still keep bolt actions and shotguns. Why would you need an assault rife or a semi-handgun? Go hunting and sporting with your Mauser instead.

Most of us...like, MOST of us don't want to Take Yer Guns. We want universal background checks. Waiting periods to decrease impulsive gun crime. Mandatory Gun Safety education. I mean, jesus fuck, I had to take a six hour course before I could ride a jetski, I have to take a six hour course tomorrow before I can be certified to guard a hotel. You should have to take a gun safety course before you buy a gun. Guns aren't toys. They're deadly tools. Any responsible gun owner knows this. Can a conservative explain to me why they think anything I just said is wrong?

Dubs of truth

Black market cost for firearms is incredibly expensive and the common criminal couldnt afford one. If they had that anount of money they probably wouldnt be a criminal

To overthrow the tyrannical government, duh. Because that's something we do.

>never hunted fast game like coyotes or boar

follow up shots, and repeated shots are very important, and its even more important to be able to keep your eye on the sight picture and not have to worry about taking it off to pull the bolt back.

>hurdur but in call of duty..
>fuck off.

it changed things in britian and australia

bumpidy-bump

Then you'd finally have to do something physical to kill each other instead of just shooting each other. Killing someone not using a gun takes physical effort. We just care about the health of you fat fucks.

>follow up/repeated shots
when you hunt the first shot should always kill no need for follow up shots

You what? How did the USA get rid of guns already?

>checked

If you think owning an AR-15 will make things fair between you and the government you're probably retarded

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present you the person who never did hunting before.

If citizens take up arms against their government, in a Western Democracy, I guarantee they will end up fighting each other more. One group supports the government, the other doesn't. Fights break out. The military destroys the insurgency. The end. People vote for their parliament. If the majority are unhappy with it, it is voted out. Simple. If a government becomes tyrannical it is most likely engaged in a war. In that case, the right wingers will most likely support the government. And really, an assault rifle vs a modern army with tanks, air cover, artillery, missiles, training, supplies and leadership is not much of a match. You don't even have any anti-tank weapons (they are already illegal), let alone anti-aircraft. It is a good point though apart for the above. Not much consolation for the people who get their loved ones shot because some crazy owned a battle rifle

safety courses turn into licensing which turns into hoop jumping.
not true, the poorest countries in the world get guns through the black market. So really you just want to drive up the cost so poor people cant have guns.

same same

>Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present you the person who never did hunting before.
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present you the person who never did good hunting before. Dude probably goes fishing using handgrenades. Uneducated pleb of a hunter.

Wait the world isn't just black and white, left and right? Daaaamn

Because guns allow you to kill many people quickly.
If you didn't have guns you'd not be able to kill as many people

So make do. Just because a bolt action is not as good as a semi for hunting doesn't mean you need one for hunting. I've hunted kangaroo and their fast as fuck, plus they jump over shit like fences easily. If I missed with the old lee-enfield I'd just reload and shoot again (this from the back of a ute (pickup truck) while moving). You see, people can also become the hunted. I'd rather someone with a bolt action went nuts and shot up my workplace than a guy with a fucking AR or AK.

What's wrong with using explosive when fishing? I agree though. A frag grenade is a waste when simple HE will do the trick

faggot ive done my durr hunting
riddle me this do you often shoot if you dont think the first shot is going to kill your target

Libtard here and I think the government should leave guns alone.

Nah

I'm not against guns, but they didn't really help the situation in Dallas. If there was a time to prove we should keep them, it's come and gone.

There shouldn't even be a ban on firearms at all. Just needs more regulation.

more muslim attacks that can be blamed on whites and racism
the liberal paradise

I suppose if one was retarded like yourself a bomb would be too hard to make. For normal people though it's pretty simple.

Ww1.....fought with bolt action rifles.
35million Kia, wia,Mia

Ww2

22million Kia, Mia

Hmmmm

Being a pro-gun Eurofag myself, I do agree with this guy.
Guns are lethal tools and should not be available to people who may use them to harm others, as simple as that. Nothing wrong with waiting and safety course will elevate gun culture. I had to go through a 6 month period to get a gun ownership license here plus evaluation from a local gun club. Wasn't that difficult, but it ensures that psychos will not get their hands on guns easily. It's just common sense really, you don't let kids handle guns alone, why should you let idiots do it?

Full on Civil war needs to happen now , overthrow the Governments and restore common sense and reasoning and fairness to the world.

The Government wants to take guns away because they know the people are pissed off and civil war may be very near.

thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/somali-muslims-march-upscale-mn-town-threaten-rape-homeowner-video/

Statistically speaking, it's going to reduce gun related death and injury.

People like that always argue with statistics. They're not actually out to fix the problem, they're just scared by numbers on a graphs and want to reduce them to feel safer.

I love when someone has a good argument it generally goes unnoticed

>Statistically speaking, it's going to reduce gun related death and injury.
And it might reduce overall accidental death and injury but criminal death and injury will just translate to other weapons.

cant hab muh guns so lets have a massive civil war where shit tons of people die trying to over throw the only thing keeping this world on as much of an even keel as possible. honestly if the U.S. broke down into civil war, russia would own the shit out of everything

Nice dubs

Artillery caused the most deaths in WW1 mate

Could I shoot more kangaroos if I used an AR, yes. Could I get better followup shots with a semi, yes. Will a bolt action do the job? Yes. Will I get good followup shots when I shoot up a school with my enfield? No. Could I shoot eleven cops with a bolt action in a shootout? Maybe, if I was lucky. Could I do it with a semi-auto sniper rifle? Probably. I'm not against guns (I like shooting roos for farmers when they overpopulate). I just reckon you don't need a battle rife for that. Nothing wrong with a bolt action mate

maybe cops wouldnt pull their gun as fast if they knew for sure that the person they are talking to likely isnt in possesion of a gun

you're a real edgy faggot

And I doubt your shitty little ass AR15 can stop a tank, JLTV's and TAK-4i's. And there's so much more the army has that can just fuck you in your ass while you sleep. So what's a shitty assault rifle gonna do?

So your mother is smart but she raised a moron?

there is a difference between pulling a trigger and stabbing someone or beating someone to death

WW1 trench tactics, chemical warfare
WW2 gassy jews

You know what's really important?
Landing your first shot.

Shit like that just makes it sound like you need semi autos because none of you can shoot for shit.

bolt actions do more damage per round, but It really doesnt matter. what is actually happeningvis incremental bans. Eventually yoy slippery slope your way to thr UK or japan where its slmost impossible to own anything.

I am completely conservative but do not have a gun fetish. I have no issue with gun control. I remember a time, not-so - long ago, when these faggot NRA sjw's were considered crazy. Then Ruby Ridge came along and now every redneck with a Dirty Harry fantasy is supposed to be my bro. Fuck you. Your paranoia fucked it for the rest of us. You fuckers drove so many middle of the road voters to the left that Obama won. Fuck you.

You're talking from experience?

Guns aren't banned in australia though.
How did something that didn't happen make a difference?

Exactly, this is the same deal as the pittbull ddebate. Pittbull haters absolutely worship their fucking statistics to make a point that all pitts should be banned, failing to realize that banning pitts will only eleminate pitt related dog bite incidents, not dog bite incidents overall.

Also, once pitts are eleminated, it's the number two dog breed on the list that jumps to number one and we can use the same argument all over again. 80% of fodg bites involve pitts, but nobody focus on the number two and number three and number four on the list which are also a problem regardless of percentages.

People who argue with stats without the proprer training to analyze and interpret them in studies are fucking retarded. You make make numbers say anything you want.

>Guns aren't banned in australia though.
They fucking are faggot, unless you are a collector, sportman or farmer. Don't spout bullshit here mate.

Anti-gun UK fag here.

None of you motherfuckers need to own a gun unless your life is threatened every day by wild animals.

>but I need guns to protect me from people with guns

No, that's what the police are for.

>B-b-but gangsters and criminals will still have them, you'll make a black market

This is true, but it also creates an environment where anyone who isn't justified in owning a gun - ie. non-army, non-police - can immediately be recognised as a terrorist or violent criminal, as opposed to the weird system you have in America where seemingly every one of you cunts owns a gun and tens of people are murdered daily or killed accidentally by then

>but muh second amendment

That was relevant 200 years ago. Not now.

>but the government! the government! THE GOVERNMENT! WE MUST PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THE GOVERNMENEEEEENENTNTNTN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Get over yourselves, you tin foil hat delusionalists. The government aren't going to round you all up some day because you couldn't feebly attempt to murder the entire US armed forces by yourself. Besides, if the US government really wanted to take you all hostage for whatever reason, they probably could. You know why? The Air Force. Nothing any of you cunts could do could possibly defend against a bombing raid. Nothing.

come at me faggots

Youve never shot at any reasonable distance. Sometimes shots are off no matter what you do, other times the shot goes exactly where it should and the animal doesnt drop anyway. Followup shots are important for humane hunting.

Because you need to be next to someone to stab them and with a gun you could be hundreds of metres away? You fucking idiot

You Amerifags have always been better at killing each other than anyone else (check American Civil War for casualties). Also, civil fucking war? kek. Muh 2nd amendment. The argument for being allowed to own assault rifles and military grade battle rifles and pistols loses credulity every time some idiot goes on a shooting rampage. If you want to make a point, go on a mass shooting with a bow or crossbow or a fucking bolt action. Either that, or admit you may be wrong

There are more registered in Aus than any previous time in history and only 20% of the guns banned in 96 were ever handed in.

heh

Im all for trigger finger amputation and castration.
You cant shoot from the hip if there is no mag to shoot from.

>No, that's what the police are for.

Nope, they never protect anyone, simply clean up the mess afterwards.

so?

Nice googled image mate. Timestamp or gtfo

>bolt actions do more damage per round
Yes some bolt actions do do more damage per round rather than some of you 7.56mm ammo (I think that's the usually caliber for standard assault rifles). But with semi auto's they are able to produce more RPM (Rounds Per Minute) over a standard Bolt action. Lets say a person could shoot 50 bullets from a bolt action rifle per minute opposed to someone able to fire 130+. That takes to possible casualties down from 130 - 50 in that minute. And also due to being able to heavily modify your assault rifles causes that number to increase a lot.

3edgy5me

if you didn't have guns it wouldn't so easy for people to kill people, and therefore statements like that wouldn't have any truth to them

Double heh, like I'm going to open my safe and timestamp for a Sup Forumstard

>Not Murrican
Cops are lucky to attend in half an hour where I live, how are they going to protect you user?

Your problem, faggot. Guess you can just take a nice big cup of STFU

What happens to public opinion when governments use such overpowering weapons against civilians? They lose every shred of respect ftom every decent person in the world. What happens next? Decent countries invade and liberate the people, allowing the people to govern themsrlves in exchange for favorable commerce treaties. Everyone knows that.

Never underestimate a large armed population during an upheaval against less motivated government forces.

See: ISIS, Vietnam, etc....

Nice dubs

Australia and we haven't had a problem since the 1996 gun legislation. Someone went on a mass shooting with an AR. Now we just have bolt actions and shotguns. They get used as intended mostly. Hunting, sporting and shooting birds because it's fun (though technically illegal). No more mass shootings though. I don't think it's intended to ban guns completely. They are useful tools to a farmer or a target shooter, or even just to hunt kangaroos with to thin the herd so they don't overpopulate. gun regulation is different from anti-gun liberal faggotry.

so you are libertarian

Fewer guns = less likely some one will get shot. Not fucken rocket science.

> tens of people are murdered daily or killed accidentally
I think in March I decided to look at the daily gun related deaths in America and it was 80 per day (Any death relating to death by a gun, not just involved) Personally that is a substantial number that really needs to be seen here. Not to mention there's about 1.3 school shootings on a daily basis.

As an Texan I fully agree, but it would still take decades for the wave of violence to lessen.

I have a bat right next to me for anyone who gets into my house, I don't need a gun to knock a cunt out mate.

You'd love that wouldn't you user, so you can go back to your warm and cosy ignorance
>There's no guns in Australia reeeeeee

So do I, nothing to do with my point - anons claim was the police are there to protect you, I claimed they are there simply to clean up the mess.

it is basically impossible to own a firearm in china, but that doesnt stop rampages. They have mass stabbings that kill several people at once.

That's not a very good question because it has a definite answer. If you get rid of all firearms there can be no shootings.

The question you should be asking is how do you intend to get rid of all the firearms? The answer to which is you can't. Our country os saturated, it's not even a possibility.

The rifle shoots where you tell it to.
If you're not confident enough in landing a shot that you need multiple attempts, you shouldn't pull the trigger.

If you miss the first shot, you shouldn't take follow up shit, because most likely it won't be a kill shot even if you hit, and the animal will run away and die slowly and you won't find it anyway.

Hard to shoot someone without a gun.

>implying that it would ever actually come to pass that a government would act like that against it's people
>implying that armed invasion is ever the right thing to do in such circumstances
>implying that the average population en masse is capable of establishing decent governance and order

Mate, what the fuck are you smoking? I want some!

My whole point is that the government of a first world country would never act like that against it's citizens, and therefore all of the pro-gun faglords who argue that they need to protect themselves from the government are moronic

Start now and that difference will come sooner.

This

This is exactly why I'm anti-gun

Bullshit.
Australia has a senate enquiry recently which found that 4% of guns used in crime had ever been registered, in a country that has mandated registration, the other guns must have been magic I guess because criminals follow the law to a T.

>warm
Now you are definitely a lying bitch. It's fucking freezing here right now, ya cunt

Because Amerifags are irresponsible with firearms.

I guarantee in Russia, you don't have as many incidences of idiots using guns improperly.

Japan doesn't have guns or knives, and the rate of homocide is significantly lower than the US.

You're not wrong user, but at the same time, we can't ban knives, as they other have other useful functions. Guns only exist to kill people, and wild animals.

What is your point exactly?

What else can they do, I feel for the police in America because you can walk down the street and anyone you pass can have a gun and have ill attentions. Though I do agree police do have slow response time but it can be managed, without the intruder to have a gun you are more likely to hold out against them. My point is the cops do have a slow response time but eliminating the threat of lets say an intruder having a gun or even replacing it with a knife means you ( The victim ) are able to get away quicker or even able to fend of the intruder. Police are there to help and protect, they have prevented a lot in the past but not many people will see that unless they are saved themselves. Without the police a lot worse can happen.

Nice dubs

Vietnam was a war between governments. North Vietnam was never invaded and continued to send forces across the border as well as supplying the rebels. ISIS is the product of a failed state. During the turmoil of the early Syrian Civil War, ISIS were just another faction. It was when they decided to cross the border into the failed state of Iraq that they exploded. The Iraqi forces ran away and left their weapons stockpiles. Armed with modern equipment, ISIS returned to Syria and attacked the other rebel factions. Once they had become a force to be reckoned with, they started to draw in support from foreign populaces.

Western societies are different from the rest of the world. A modern democratic nation has never fought a successful (or even worthwhile) guerrilla campaign against a foreign oppressor (see WW1, WW2, aftermath of WW2). Armed or not, Modern Western Democracies are just really shit at fighting anything but a conventional war

Russia has rather Nazi gun laws.
You have to start with a shotgun and after 5 years you can get yourself a rifle or so. But there is plenty of gun violence in unstable regions.

>shooting birds for fun
Youre a perfect example of the mentality that leads to wanting gun bans. Youre first thought is to how many you could kil so you project your mental deficiencies on others and support bans.

Pretty weak user but don't worry there aren't almost 4 million registered guns in Aus, it's just everyone elses imagination.

Oh god, my sides.

Fucking Russians cant even drive to the store without recklessly massacring everyone they share the road with. You think a bunch of squatting gopniks would be any more careful with firearms?

Yeah I am the same. I was just following you up with facts to help get the point across. It's not tens its nearly hundreds