Does anyone else like that America is dangerous?

Does anyone else like that America is dangerous?
I would much rather live in a loosely regulated dangerous place where I have a chance of getting shot at at a protest or movie than somewhere restrictive. I would be so constantly annoyed living in a safer society.

It's gotten to the point where I simply don't care about this Dallas thing. Oh another shooting wow so interesting so new. Nobody cares about the constant shootings in the middle east (well except those facebook fairies that pretend to care about every bombing or shooting anywhere and everywhere in the world), so why can't it be like that here. I choose to live and stay here so why can't I just go on living with the risk.
It seems like the US was built originally to be something different and freer (Though consequently more dangerous) than their counterparts but now it just seems like everyone is trying to change it to blend in with all the rest. Why shouldn't countries be fundamentally unique?

I'm not sure where I was going with this train of thought, maybe I should have posted this on Sup Forums
tl;dr I guess I like that the US is riskier and less restrictive than other countries.

Pic barely related.

agreed OP

Now that I re-read this after posting I guess as stupid as it sounds I like the slightly "old west" vibe. I don't even live in the desert south.

This.
Arm everyone, and i mean EVERYONE.
When the smoke clears the will be less problems, possibly including this user.

Mfw people think the US is 'free'

You Sir, are and idiot

>mfw at anyone who doesn't think america is the best country

>Be 2016
>Sill thinking Americans have any freedom

pretty much yeah,

that's simply what the gun control guys don't understand, things like dallas, it happens, it's tragic, and it's america.

people think they can have freedom and safety and it simply doesn't work that way, it never will.

i know exactly what i want, i want freedom and danger, not safety and tyranny.

that's the fundamental idea isn't it? you know, behind liberty? that HOW we live our life is more important then IF we live our life?

it's how i want america to be, it's my country.

god bless.

Thomas Jefferson wrote "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
Which basically means, "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery ."

He also said
>The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots
>It is its' natural manure

Jefferson recommended retaliation against a government every 20 years to keep the government IN FEAR of it's people, so that it could not grow so big to control most aspects of daily life.

Facebook liberals tend to ignore this, I've noticed.

Well, yeah. Most of us.

Remember that. Hold fast to your principle, and remember anyone who whines "Nnng, but gun violence~!" is either a foreigner, or a foreigner at heart. They should move to Switzerland, if it's really such a gem of civilization.

America is America. It's always going to be a little wild west here, more so if you spend any time away from the cities, where it's actually very important that people keep their own firearms. Where, occasionally, they actually have reason to use them on so called "government officials." Not everything shootout gets reported on the news.

There's an entire side of the U.S. that city folk have never entertained the possibility of existing.

thomas jefferson also supported slavery,

an inefficient, unsustainable, method of conducting your society.

civil war every 20 years is inefficient, unsustainable, and a bad way to conduct your society.

Danger is a necessary condition of freedom. The only way to remove danger from society is to take freedom away. Because it is humans that create danger. They take the freedom they have, and use it to do bad things. If you could completely control the actions of all humans, you could eliminate danger from the society. But, is that any way to live? Not to mention is that kind of control over human behavior even possible by government?

> Stockholm syndrome, the post

>Why shouldn't countries be fundamentally unique?
by that logic you could take a big steaming dump on the floor of your bedroom and say that it 'adds character' to the place.

face it, America isn't making a philosophical statement - it's just a shithole.

>thinks the US is a free country

Lol you live in a theocratic police state with an internaly rigged political system where you can't have free elections.

The US is basicly Saudi Arabia.

That's a sweet sentiment, but America isn't a bedroom in your house. It's a bedroom in *our* house. And anyone who wants to change that, has to go through x many armed citizens in order to do that.

What's the aphorism? "One man's shit is another man's freedom." Something like that.

You keep saying freedom but the US isn't free.

If the world was a game of Civilization the USA would be that annoying barbarian encampment everyone hates.

you should try living in Somalia
all the excitement you'd ever need

>thomas jefferson also supported slavery,

That must be why in his draft of the declaration of independence one of his indictments of King George was the slave trade. And why he tried to get slavery abolished when the US first got created, but couldn't get the southern states to go along with it. Have you ever looked into this?
But no, the fact that Jefferson owned slaves, which he inherited as a kid, means he is a hypocrite so we should ignore everything he wrote about human freedom and how all men are created equal and have inalienable rights, I guess.
Did you know the state law in Virginia actually made it illegal to free your slaves, to Jefferson's chagrin? His only option would have been to sell them to someone else. Instead he didn't, kept the families together, and tried to make the best he could out of the world situation of the time.
But no, easier to believe Jefferson wasn't an abolitionist, as he writes the declaration of independence...

Jesus Christ I see why I left Sup Forums long ago, everyone here is at most 14 years old. I just came for a loli thread man.

Parts of the U.S. are free. Parts of it, you can do anything you want. Parts of it, there are literally no cops, and the only law is administered at the end of a barrel. I've been to these parts, and it's actually very peaceful. Almost deliriously so. Anyone who would be a problem has usually already been taken care of.

Then, you go to the cities, the urban centers, and these places are absolute shit shows by comparison. But, that's not really the hart America. That's the first layer where foreigners come in, breed a whole a bunch, and start trying to change the system to a foreign type system. From this you get the corruption we see today, also because the Feds are just completely infiltrated by Saudis at this point.

Rural America -> Urban Centers -> Federal Government -> Rest of the World

The farther you go out, the more globalized you get, the more enforced the peace becomes.

>we have the wolf by the ear, and we can neither hold him, nor safely let him go. Justice is in one scale, and self-preservation in the other

>In his Notes, Jefferson contemporarily described blacks as inherently (fixed nature) inferior to whites in critical reasoning and beauty.[121] Blacks, however, according to Jefferson were superior to whites in musical ability.[121] Jefferson believed that the bonds of love for blacks were not as strong as the bonds of love for whites.

god that sound so much like Sup Forums

>tried to make the best he could out of the world situation of the time

and that sound like honest abe, but no people shit talk honest abe even though he was incredibly progressive at the time.

but in a sense we both are right and wrong, the fact of the matter is a man life is complicated, his beliefs are complicated, one thing he does my not seem congruent to his spoken beliefs, or something else he might have done.

i won't say i'm completely right, or completely wrong in my original statement, vice versa for you, i will say that it is more complicated then i originally was aware of.

Consider the possibility that races *do* have different natural abilities, based on genetics. These days, we volunteer to blind ourselves to these differences, on the basis than in about three more generations it will be irrelevant; everyone will either be so mixed they're the same, or so random that differences from breeding are too sporadic to keep track of.

At the time, having inherited a family of black slaves, keeping them in a household where he could at least manage things kindly was perhaps the most morale choice Jefferson could have made, as an anti-slave proponent of liberty. Given the situation he was in, and the attitudes of the people he was living with, simply saying "you're free now, go forth~!" might not have turned out exactly as a person born in the 20th century would imagine.

you are pretty spot on about the rural areas. I live in a place where the only crime is selling weed to other rednecks and speeding. It's very peaceful here, I believe Maine is still the state with the least violent crime.

>"One man's shit is another man's freedom."
you're actually defending having a big, steaming pile of shit on the floor as an aesthetic choice

wow. talk about delusion

It's just a metaphor, Freud.

Also, this.

>America
>Dangerous
you fell for scaremongering.

I have never be accosted in my life, and have lived in and next to detroit for years.
>mfw ive seen multiple people get shot

no opinions but your own right?

you are amazing dude.

Niggers cannot live in organized society.

I agree fully.

Eh. You can take the man out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the man.

The fucked part was loading people onto a slave boat, and rowing 'em to a new world they had no concept of, or desire to be in. We don't know what kind of long term cultural damage that does. Is genetic memory actually a thing? That might explain a lot.

Nonetheless, it's where we're at now, so gotta' keep on keepin' on! It kind of works itself out, considering that most violent crimes against race, come from within that race. It's only when stupid shit like traffic cops stopping people for the most random incidents--literally looking for trouble--escalates into a full blown shoot out that we start hearing murmers of happenings, and muh guns laws.

For the most problem, the racial tensions in the U.S. sort themselves out, when people of different races volunteer to segregate themselves.