Just seen this typo and people faping on the jump performance by Ronaldo, but in apehood standards...

Just seen this typo and people faping on the jump performance by Ronaldo, but in apehood standards, how high is this jump, i don't think it's really impressive considering he's 6.1 tall and so he could have barelly dunk.
What you think sp?

Other urls found in this thread:

poundingtherock.com/2016/1/1/10691376/evolution-boban-marjanovic
youtube.com/watch?v=XViy9Mk6DPM
youtube.com/watch?v=p_7hlkpnYjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that was amazing tbdh

it was glorious, france. no need to downplay it. good luck in the final.

Where is the typo
What is apehood

Well he has to extend his arms to dunk, and im sure they're longer than 2ft

30 inch vert is nothing in the NBA. Take off a couple inches as well since he gets boosted by the other player

look how close to the circle is head need to be to dunk

This past year at the NFL Combine, which is a series of tests for the incoming rookies, 19 players recorded a vertical jumps of 40 inches or more, with 47 being the highest. And that's only rookies. 30 inches is pathetic, and Ronaldo should feel bad.

Just for perspective, there are definitely a few NBA players with verticals shorter than 30"

Of course, they don't need to jump high because they are super tall and are athletic enough to jump quickly

poundingtherock.com/2016/1/1/10691376/evolution-boban-marjanovic

Of course Ronaldo could dunk. He's playing on grass here too.

JJ fucking Barea can dunk for christ's sake.

I can almost dunk and I have like a 2 foot vertical, 6ft2

It's not that hard

nobody cares about NFL statistics you fucking faggots

Its ok but nothing great. Hes also junping off grass and not testing his maximum vert. He could probably hit 40 if he tried

He's playing on a grass field and he didn't have a lot of distance to take a run up. He's definitely not on the level of NBA players but it's still impressive and not a lot of people can jump that high.

Why do people always have to compare apples and oranges?

He also only needs to jump on the limit of the size of the net.

He is on tiptoes in the air so looks higher than he actually is.

I don't think that adds up m9.

It's relative you dumb fuck, what's the point in comparing players from 2 different sports here? Show me another player that could leap like that in football, that would be a more relevant argument to make.

Keep in mind he's jumping on grass, not on a hard springy surface.

His shoes also don't facilitate jumping. And there's a guy next to him trying to interfere. And he's really just jumping as high as he needs to in order to hit the ball.

Jumping really high above the goal serves no purpose, just makes it harder to land the header. Angling a header downwards is very difficult at great heights.

that was a good header but not as impressive as this one imo

youtube.com/watch?v=XViy9Mk6DPM

4:55

suce ma Força

please god, let us destroy france this sunday!

it's all i'll ever ask for

>that murica statistic

a 30 inch vert on grass is impressive, keep in mind the shit doesn't help him, it's probably close to 36 inch vert on hard wood

He probably jumps higher than 36" if he really tried to and runs something like 4.4 second 40 yard dash. Goat athlete.

his jumping is slightly above the nba average. there was a video where they studied his performance or someshit
which considering that football player are jack of all trades and don't specialize in any athletic ability and the most important aspect of their training is endurance, is actually pretty good

does anyone have stats for goalies jumping power? They should do better than the other roles, although jumping high isn't as important to them as jumping laterally and jumping quick

Dunking is pretty easy as long as you are 6+ feet tall and quite fit.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_7hlkpnYjU

Ronaldo's vertical leap is higher than the nba average because centers and power forwards are too heavy to jump, but if you compare him to wing players, he is below the standards.