Captain America Civil War: How One Word Can Ruin A Film

when i went to see captain America civil war, i was pumped. I've heard all the amazing reviews, I've heard about the amazing action, the stunning special effects, and the great and witty writing.

and whilst I've not read the comics, a friend of mine has, and explained the differences to me at the end of the film, which left me more baffled towards one fact: They brought up the "UN"

at first it doesn't seem like a big deal, but in reality there are few objective facts. one of them is you can't fight with the UN. when the UN decides something, it's gonna happen, and in majority, they were in favor of limiting the freedom of the superheros in order to minimize the destruction.

there was no reason they had to use the actual UN, it just opens up plot holes, makes captain america to be a complete and total idiot, makes bucky blind, and everyone else blindly sacrificing their successful lives to become criminals, in order to fight a battle AGAINST THE UNITED NATIONS.

i mean, you could argue iron man's side was overly protective, and didn't really listen to the other side, but if a thing is serious enough for them to go after, the UN will probably send them to do that.

i may seem butthurt, but honestly this isn't that big of a deal, i still call it a great movie. just more flawed now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yH6Y2jUaLvI
pastebin.com/eVz3NRN7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse_by_UN_peacekeepers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>we can trust the UN just like we trusted SHIELD, right?

They wanted to put down Bucky, they wanted him dead, Cap only wanted a fair trial for his friend

but still, why bother bringing them up in the first point? (and if you're referencing Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. apply kill to self, nobody cares.)

that's a fair point, but still. you can go into hiding, run away (which is kinda what they did, not really though.)
i'm sure if cap wanted to he could have made bucky disappear.

The comic was shit

>i'm sure if cap wanted to he could have made bucky disappear.
Cap isn't the type of person to go away and hide from what he doesn't think is right. When he was a scrawny little cunt he wanted to go fight the Nazis because he knew what they were doing wasn't right. He knew he could have just hung out working whatever lower middle class job he could find while the war blows over but he didn't because that's not what his character is about.

>Civil War
>it's a fight

>They wanted to put down Bucky, they wanted him dead,
Funny how they immediately went from "lol shoot on sight" to arresting him.

yeah, but being blind to reality also isn't very in character for him.

>one of them is you can't fight with the UN. when the UN decides something, it's gonna happen

i can't tell if you're joking or not

executing him in broad daylight in the middle of a busy highway when he's surrendered and standing next to captain america might garner some negative publicity, compared with shooting him to death in his apartment where nobody can question your story.

They were in the middle of the street with several witnesses

youtube.com/watch?v=yH6Y2jUaLvI

He's referring to the events of Captain America 2, you fuckng mong.

And the UN has existed since Avengers 1.

Also, you seem to have no idea how the UN works. Many countries, including America, ignore and defy UN sanctions on a daily basis. They!re less effective than the Avengers by far.

Cap makes plenty of sense.

>Aliens attack Russia
>UN is mad at Russia so does not authorize the Avengers to go help

This kind of shit would happen, and he's saying 'Fuck that'.

Or the opposite

>Avengers, go to Israel and kick out all the goyim; they're commiting war crimes
>You signed the accord, so you have to do it ;^)

>you can't fight with the UN.
>when the UN decides something, it's gonna happen

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Why did they bring him in for questioning then? Could have easily executed him while transporting him from Romania to Germany saying "he got wild on the plane, we had to defend ourselves".
The shoot on sight thing didn't make any sense other than to:
1. show that the government was ebil for 5 minutes
2. give Cap a reason to get to Bucky first

>UN
>relevant
reminder

>in reality there are few objective facts. one of them is you can't fight with the UN

>UN forces usually lose every conflict unless it's american backed
>UN forces just slightly less evil than nazi forces
>UN leaders are almost as corrupt as african warlords
>UN resolutions are promptly ignored by every nation

I think you've greatly over exaggerated the powers the UN actually have.

>literally has support of all countries

>Why did they bring him in for questioning then?

they were trying to smooth things over with cap and the other avengers at that point and "oops he died in transport" would have been a mite too suspicious.

Lets say for a moment that the Nazis are going to going to win ww2 and it becomes obvious that fighting them is futile. Do you think it'd be in character for him to give up fighting them and to just go with the flow? Fighting a battle that you know you'll lose isn't divorcing yourself from reality if you realize that you're going to lose. It's perfectly possible to do all the right things and still lose sometimes that's just how shit goes.

it's adorable you believe this

>they were trying to smooth things over with cap and the other avengers at that point
No they weren't
They literally said they were criminals and took away their toys

The UN is shit, just a tool invented by the mericans.

>>>>

>They literally said they were criminals and took away their toys

no, bilbo said they SHOULD be treated like criminals but they were instead giving them desk jobs because stark wanted to keep them on side. they were not being thrown in jail, despite violating the law in a dozen different ways. the aim was still to get cap to sign the accords, which would also allow them to use him as a field agent in the long run. this was all predicated on the fact that bucky was being locked up instead of killed.

>Has a representative from hundreds of countries
>Just like Sup Forums
>All lot of talk but little results
>And just like Sup Forums it's power and reach is greatly exaggerated.

My apologies to Sup Forums as they have actually done some good in the world

Assuming all your greentext is true (and let's just say hypothetically it is)...what's the point of even having the UN if, especially with the last one, nobody listens to them anyway?

a matter like this would get results

>one of them is you can't fight with the UN. when the UN decides something
Holy shit, thanks OP, I needed that laugh

>send aid to Haiti after earthquake
>Peacekeepers give everyone cholera because they let their shit water leak into everyone's drinking water
UNinvolved getting shit done, always.

Holy shit, you are dumb

reminder:
>it was the womens UN, essentially a fake fucking UN where women cry about womens issues
>they got laughed out of THAT UN, because they were complaining about being bullied on the internet when everyone else were talking about actual womens issues all over the world

get educated if you're gonna spew bullshit

Stop it user, this is actually cringey.

I don't really get this meme. Can we just go back to posting Rotten Tomatoes scores and Chris Evans laughing

>they got laughed out of THAT UN, because they were complaining about being bullied on the internet when everyone else were talking about actual womens issues all over the world
Source? Literally everything i've ever seen on the subject showed that they were being treated as if they had a point.

>what's the point of even having the UN
It's a cushy as fuck job, with a minimum of 50k USD yearly, for anyone that decided to do a pointless major in a language, political science, and philosophy, and a willingness to fellate a few senators on their way up.

>what's the point of even having the UN
It's the world stage for grand standing and everything is true even the part where I said Sup Forums has done more charitable work than the UN.

>raping kids in africa
>making secret deals for oil in the middle east
>selling food aid to the local warlords
>trading aid for sex
>murder, rape, and torture in somalia
>crimes against humanity in every host country

pastebin.com/eVz3NRN7

>china in charge of UN's human rights council

But the UN is an overly bureaucratic mess that is stopped by red tape from accomplishing anything. Perfect for a Cap movie.

Holy shit, are you 12?

...it's not like the UN has a standing army. I don't think you understand its purpose

The US should leave NATO and the UN.
>AMERICA SAVE ME!!!
>AMERICA STOP SAVING ME!!!
>AMERICA COME BACK!!!

Good to see.

what a fucking retard

>and the great and witty writing

from literally who. whoever said this movie has good writing of all things needs to be gassed.

UN is two words.

>69
>365
>666

Holy fuck, what a get.

Rock Star post.

Why don't they just stay in their own countries? Kang WeWuz has Africa, Spiderman has Queens, Captain America has the US, Black Widow and Hawkeye are Special Forces and can travel all over. Vision is a robot and should handle outer space, Tony lived in Malibu so he has the west coast, Wanda is from Eastern Europe, so on and so forth. If they work separately, none of this would have happened.

What the fuck does all this mean?

It means your theater is shit

Like their sanctions stopped Russia annexing the Ukraine, or the way they stopped the genocide in Rwanda, or how effective the climate change accords are, etc etc.

Cap was totally right to not want their oversight, nothing would get done.

What is D-Box?
What is UltraAVX?
What is Regular AVX?
What is ATMOS?

I'm so fucking confused. I'm seeing it regular with my buddies, no gimmicks, but seriously, what the fuck does all this mean.

>We can trust the Avengers just like we trusted SHIELD, right?
The only people acting unilaterally are the Avengers who refuse to sign the Accords.

Daredevil didn't even have the Accords but it brought up a very good point that I'm surprised Team Tony didn't mention:

If the law looks the other way for one costumed vigilante, you're gonna open the floodgates for much more dangerous and less trustworthy ones to start their own crusades.

>Netflix Marvel has better writing than Movie Marvel.

Also at 11, water is wet.

>what's the point of even having the UN if, especially with the last one, nobody listens to them anyway?
Some listen, some don't. The point is that it gives the lesser powers a chance to have their voices heard, and take turns being in charge of petty shit.

You should look at the events leading up to World War One. That's what happens when you don't have something like the UN. You think the world is ugly today? It would be a whole lot worse without the UN.

That said, the thing that really matters is the UN Security Council.

> Nuclear powers only
> They each geta a veto
> Meets to decide what shit they'll allow to go down, and what shit they won't.
> Everybody else gets to take turns observing.
> They make the only real decisions.

Atmos is high definition Audio, it'll blow your ears off.

I don't get it, the regular theater has powerful and loud audio systems, why do I need this fancy one?

It's not better, though. The ending to every Netflix Marvel season has been complete trash.

I thought you were going to say
>your highness
You disappoint me

Not OP here, but if you're going to argue Cap's character, you're first going to have to sell me on why Cap would have kept his mouth shut to Tony about Hydra and Bucky's involvement in the Starks' "accident" for so long.

This reads exactly like a Reddit post

It even has a title and everything

When did you realise the invasion was real bros?

>This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

So you can hear Scarlet Witch fart.

D-box is where the seats shake and turn. Not worth it and a distraction.

I guess avx will be some sort of higher definition audio and visual? Maybe a 4K pic and a couple of extra subwoofers?

It's better to act of your own volition than to have someone telling you what's the good guy and what's the bad guy. The Avengers fucked up and I can understand Team Iron Man, but imagine the kind of chaos that would ensue if the UN caught all of them. Cap thought he could trust his own government and look what happened.

>AVX
avengers vs x-men?

Weren't the UN the ones who almost nuked NY in avengers 1? I think they have capacity for action in these movies

Remember when the UN stopped those villagers from chopping up those other villagers with machetes in the 90s?

>Age of Ultron
>only lasts about a week

Jesus christ could you be any more of a NWO shill?

Yeah they should totally follow the orders of an organizazion in which saudi arabia has a vote.

Fucking idiot.

I remember dutch soldiers under UN direction helped Serbs kill Albanians in a refugee camp.

Good times.

Just like the League of Nations huh bro?

>the UN has a standing army.
> of pedos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse_by_UN_peacekeepers

OH

WAIT A MINUTE

YOU DON'T HAVE AN ARMY

DAT NIGGER TRIED TO KILL MY FATHER HE TRIED TO KILL MY FATHER